DE list of issues

General forum about Age of Empires 3 DE. Please post strategy threads, recorded games, user-created content and tech support threads in their respective forum.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

DE list of issues

Post by Kaiserklein »

Check the list on the official forums: https://forums.ageofempires.com/t/commu ... ues/105877
Former draft
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
France Le Hussard sur le toit
Howdah
ESO: LeHussardsurletoit

Re: DE list of issues

Post by Le Hussard sur le toit »

Good initiative and good list.
I've not played on the beta yet so I can't say much. I think balance discussion should wait for after the first tournament on Sunday, so maybe post two separate lists, one for bugs/QoL issues asap, one for balance issues on Sunday.
ESOC : came for the game, stayed for the drama.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

I think the %5 food gathering bonus was unintentional addition to ports, it should be removed yeah, but cheaper vills should remain to keep ports playable, the civ struggled enough many years for being obviously bad and now they obviously deserve to be in tier1. Other than that I'm suprised because this is the first time I agree with the op haha
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

Le Hussard sur le toit wrote:Good initiative and good list.
I've not played on the beta yet so I can't say much. I think balance discussion should wait for after the first tournament on Sunday, so maybe post two separate lists, one for bugs/QoL issues asap, one for balance issues on Sunday.
I think I'll post both together, later. It's worth waiting until we get a more complete list, and also until we have played enough games on the actual game instead of this beta.
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
No Flag helln00
Howdah
ESO: helln00

Post by helln00 »

Yeah the hp bars needs to be a lot bigger, especially for buildings, its hard to tell the HP of TCs while its being sieged due to those tiny bars
Singapore Thrar
Retired Contributor
ESO: Thrar

Post by Thrar »

This is an excellent list of non-controversial issues. I think it will be important to keep these separate from the more subjective or controversial issues to speak with one voice as a community on the most important things.
Kaiserklein wrote:- Display players' civs and rating when loading the game, like on legacy.
I previously posted this mockup suggestion on the closed beta forums, so I'll just leave it here as a suggestion:
Pre-Match Screen.png
I believe ratings were intentionally removed, same as in the AoE2 pre-game screens, so the developers might not want to bring them back.
Latvia harcha
Gendarme
ESO: hatamoto_samurai

Post by harcha »

uhm actually it's much better for devs if you make a separate thread for each one issue. then they can simply enter it in their systems and track easily. if you want the best chance that they will fix this stuff just post these things each in a thread of their own. i still haven't gotten around to make one issue report of my own
POC wrote:Also I most likely know a whole lot more than you.
POC wrote:Also as an objective third party, and near 100% accuracy of giving correct information, I would say my opinions are more reliable than yours.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

No way, not gonna post like 30 threads. Instead of splitting everything up, it will be much more impactful if everyone upvotes this one list on their forums anyway, and comment under it. It should draw their attention for sure.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

Also forgot about map issues, and treasures. Will add later
United States of America EagleRunner
Crossbow
ESO: Bradhard

Post by EagleRunner »

Kaiserklein wrote:
Le Hussard sur le toit wrote:Good initiative and good list.
I think I'll post both together, later. It's worth waiting until we get a more complete list, and also until we have played enough games on the actual game instead of this beta.
@Kaiserklein I think this is a good approach. For instance, Port has certainly gotten a huge buff, but hard to say how OP they will be compared to the new DE meta. A buff to an underperforming civ is not necessarily a balance problem. And we definitely don't want to be flooding MS with a bunch of contradictory or knee-jerk balance ideas.

@EAGLEMUT are there designated people at ESOC that are in direct communication with MS about ideas and issues? I'm assuming so, given that MS used so many EP ideas in DE.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

The overpop issue is fixed I thought? And I can delete wall pillars. I've seen lots of folks delete wall pillars.
nevermind, I just posted a clip in this thread where losing population space will cause queued units to not pop until additional population space is acquired

I want to add:

1) find unit is bugged (when I double tap my find TC hotkey I can't use find explorer until I click my mouse somewhere on the screen. Conqueror couldn't find this TC and then find his explorer or vice versa in rapid succession, as there seemed to be a delay after each command is issued in which other hotkeys won't be recognized). I think this might be why your units aren't queuing immediately.
confirmed this is the issue where you cannot double tap "find" hotkeys immediately after each other, because it won't register. TC to explorer and vice versa. And if you keep spamming the find hotkey it will continue to not work. You have to give the game a "break" for a second before you can use it. If these units are control grouped the issue goes away.

2) Units stuck in cherry orchards, in addition to TP sockets

3) You've already touched on this but everything that has to deal with seeing units in selections, especially buildings. It's a nightmare to individually eject vills on Classic UI and I'm constantly unaware of idle vills in buildings.

4) attack move will literally bug and the selected units will continue to dance around each time the command is issued until I click off and reselect them.

5) would like obscure unit alpha to work on treasure guardians
Spain Efraín
Skirmisher
ESO: Efraín

Post by Efraín »

Brillant Kaiser, is very important to fix these bugs quickly.
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05
ESO: EAGLEMUT
Clan: WPact

Post by EAGLEMUT »

Great list.
Kaiserklein wrote:- You can't delete any wall part, including segments?
Is this on press version? I can delete walls just fine.
EagleRunner wrote:@EAGLEMUT are there designated people at ESOC that are in direct communication with MS about ideas and issues? I'm assuming so, given that MS used so many EP ideas in DE.
Not really. Best is raising the issues on official forum as Kaiser said.
momuuu wrote: theres no way eaglemut is truly a top player
Singapore Thrar
Retired Contributor
ESO: Thrar

Post by Thrar »

harcha wrote:uhm actually it's much better for devs if you make a separate thread for each one issue. then they can simply enter it in their systems and track easily. if you want the best chance that they will fix this stuff just post these things each in a thread of their own. i still haven't gotten around to make one issue report of my own
I like Kaiser's approach. I do this sort of thing (software product management) as a job, and while of course everyone has their own preferences, from my point of view having issue reports separated or together doesn't make a difference as long as they're each clearly described. They're going to have an internal issue tracker where each issue is kept and prioritized (or discarded) separately.

What I think would be important is to keep the first post updated if anything changes, e.g. if the release is different from the beta or if new similarly clear issues emerge, and to clearly mark when something has been updated so that a product manager can quickly see what's new. They might not be too likely to look far past the first post, and almost certainly not on a regular basis.
Brazil look
Howdah
ESO: LoOk_tOm

Post by look »

thanks kaiser for this excelent topic.
THEY exchanged native gold collection, because it doesn't cost just 5w to facilitate the balance insted of 50w or 40w(im not sure)
Kaiser sucks
Garja Noob
grunt the best
Kickass God
BSOP OP
Great Britain Riotcoke
Retired Contributor
ECL Reigning ChampsDonator 01
ESO: Riotcoke
Clan: UwU

Post by Riotcoke »

thanks kaiser for this excelent topic.

twitch.tv/stangoesdeepTV
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

Half of these issues have been reported at least 10 times ngl.
Brazil look
Howdah

Post by look »

[Armag] diarouga wrote:Half of these issues have been reported at least 10 times ngl.
33 times

ziimmm
Kaiser sucks
Garja Noob
grunt the best
Kickass God
BSOP OP
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

My bad I got confused. I tried to press delete and then enter, but enter cancels once the pop-in appears, instead of confirming like on legacy. I'll add this issue (enter should obviously confirm, escape could cancel) and remove the wall one.

I added map issues (though I don't have many yet), added the in-game scrolling chat issue, the find multiple idle vils hotkey, as well as some of the issues raised by callen. Will add the attack move issue he mentioned if more people experienced it (I never did). Not sure spies are an issue.
Brazil look
Howdah

Post by look »

my doubt is. when will these problems be solved ?, because if it takes too long, we can lose many players.
Kaiser sucks
Garja Noob
grunt the best
Kickass God
BSOP OP
France chronique
Advanced Player
ESO: poissondu44

Post by chronique »

Kaiserklein wrote: - You often have to click twice to send a shipment. (same issue as above?)
To me, same as train units/vili (i need to push my hotkey many time)
Kaiserklein wrote: - Can't select multiple idle vils with shift + hotkey.
Same if you want select many vili on a specific res. It's strange because it worked in oldests beta.
Kaiserklein wrote: Map issues:
- Some maps (can't remember which, need a list) have an obscene amount of great treasures.
- 60f for a single lion is OP.
- Patagonia?
Many map are not clearly better than RE. Yukon, NE and ozark for what i have seen.
European Union aaryngend
Howdah
Clan: N3O

Post by aaryngend »

deleted_user wrote:I think the %5 food gathering bonus was unintentional addition to ports, it should be removed yeah, but cheaper vills should remain to keep ports playable, the civ struggled enough many years for being obviously bad and now they obviously deserve to be in tier1.
How about 90 :food: vills and not 85? 85 seems too much of a buff. Coupled with free Hunting Dogs it's kinda ridiculous.
deleted_user wrote:Other than that I'm suprised because this is the first time I agree with the op haha
Looks like the start of a great friendship.
Germany blasdg
Dragoon

Post by blasdg »

I have an issue with the minimap, I cant see anything on it. For example when Swedes have torps or Japan have shrines on the map I see a very very small dot on the minimap which is incredibly hard to see. On TAD I was able to see that imnmediately.

You know what I mean? Maybe someone else has this problem too?
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

We had similar list in betas. I think some of those issues are actually solved (e.g. multiple idle vill hotkey with shift+key does work).
All RE maps actually have decent resources now.

As for Ports having cheaper vills, it is a joke. We went past that long time ago.
Image Image Image
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

Okay, I think I figured the click bug, I edited the OP. There's that new animation when you queue a unit: its icon starts glowing, and only once this animation is finished, the unit will be effectively queued. So whenever you tab out of the production building before the animation is completed, the unit simply isn't queued.
A simple fix is to queue the unit at the start of the glowing animation, not at the end.