User avatar
United States of America n0el
ESOC Business Team
Posts: 6764
ESO: jezabob
Clan: 팀 하우스

09 Jul 2021, 18:17

Image

Global Championships Amatuer Division Finals - Live on EGCTV starting at 1530 GMT on Sunday.

Global Championships Pro Division GRAND FINALS Match - Live on ESOCTV at 21 GMT.
mad cuz bad
Germany Hacke
Crossbow
Posts: 39
ESO: 52798

09 Jul 2021, 18:34

The football-EM final is on Sunday at 19GMT. Is it possible to choose a better time for the Pro Division final?
User avatar
Germany blackout
Dragoon
Posts: 302

09 Jul 2021, 18:48

Hacke wrote:The football-EM final is on Sunday at 19GMT. Is it possible to choose a better time for the Pro Division final?

Gotta set ur priorities straight man wth
User avatar
Greece LazarosVas
Musketeer
Posts: 62
Clan: GMDS

09 Jul 2021, 20:30

So the semi-finals games have already been played long ago, I saw some potential spoilers the other day and I hope they were not true.. that is what happens when the stream gets super delayed people just cant stop talking. Lets hope for some great games!
User avatar
United States of America n0el
ESOC Business Team
Posts: 6764
ESO: jezabob
Clan: 팀 하우스

10 Jul 2021, 00:59

Hacke wrote:The football-EM final is on Sunday at 19GMT. Is it possible to choose a better time for the Pro Division final?

Moved to 21 GMT. Hope the azzurri handle business in 90.
mad cuz bad
No Flag Astaroth
Lancer
Posts: 987

10 Jul 2021, 07:30

Damn, now I can't watch the finals live, stupid football 21
User avatar
Kiribati princeofcarthage
Retired Contributor
Posts: 6365
Location: Milky Way!

10 Jul 2021, 08:32

Bruh get another screen and watch both side by side
Fine line to something great is a strange change.
Netherlands Pedrownage
Crossbow
Posts: 11
ESO: Pedro1989

10 Jul 2021, 10:38

Okay, on the one hand it's good that the pro division final is not at the same time as the eurocup final, but on the other hand I think starting to stream at 2100 GMT (2300 in Europe) is also quite late for a Sunday... Planning could have been better imo
No Flag Astaroth
Lancer
Posts: 987

10 Jul 2021, 12:01

Agreed.

Although this might be an impossible goal considering the advent of aoe4 anyway, I feel this is also symptomatic of the hurdles when trying to attract more viewers for AoE3. Whereas aoe2 tournaments are usually streamed during prime time EU hours, in AoE3, this level of professionalism hasn't been reached yet. Although afaik most Aoe3 viewers are from European countries, the grand finals of the biggest tournament in a while will unceremoniously take place at 23:00 in central european time. Viewer records will probably not be broken.

I'm not saying this to criticize anyone (I'm not a paying customer and most people organizing the events are just unpaid volunteers), but it is just some food for thought if the goal is to grow the viewership. Even 19 GMT (which is 21:00 for European viewers e.g. in France, Spain, Italy or Germany, on a Sunday) is a bit late IMO.
User avatar
United States of America Cometk
Retired Contributor
Posts: 6445
Location: California

10 Jul 2021, 16:30

Don’t think there’s anything wrong with the planning it’s just a lose/lose situation
Image
User avatar
Kiribati princeofcarthage
Retired Contributor
Posts: 6365
Location: Milky Way!

11 Jul 2021, 20:58

n0el wrote:
Hacke wrote:The football-EM final is on Sunday at 19GMT. Is it possible to choose a better time for the Pro Division final?

Moved to 21 GMT. Hope the azzurri handle business in 90.

Nope
Fine line to something great is a strange change.
User avatar
European Union aaryngend
Howdah
Posts: 1291
Location: Germany
Clan: N3O

11 Jul 2021, 21:08

Why wasn't the final just scheduled for 17-18 GMT?
That way it would have easily be done before the start of the Europe Cup final.
User avatar
United States of America n0el
ESOC Business Team
Posts: 6764
ESO: jezabob
Clan: 팀 하우스

11 Jul 2021, 21:12

aaryngend wrote:Why wasn't the final just scheduled for 17-18 GMT?
That way it would have easily be done before the start of the Europe Cup final.

a best of nine starting an hour before euro? so people can miss the end of the series?
mad cuz bad
User avatar
European Union aaryngend
Howdah
Posts: 1291
Location: Germany
Clan: N3O

12 Jul 2021, 10:20

n0el wrote:
aaryngend wrote:Why wasn't the final just scheduled for 17-18 GMT?
That way it would have easily be done before the start of the Europe Cup final.

a best of nine starting an hour before euro? so people can miss the end of the series?
I thought it was going to be a BO7. With 17-18 GMT I meant GMT+2, so a start of the series roughly 4 hours before the finale would have been nice.
That would make it 15-16 GMT+2.

Anyway, the best course of action would have been to either start early enough to get in the matche in time OR to postpone the date.
As Astaroth said, all schedules should be based on european viewers. Americans have it easier to adjust to european schedule than the other way round.
User avatar
United States of America n0el
ESOC Business Team
Posts: 6764
ESO: jezabob
Clan: 팀 하우스

12 Jul 2021, 11:11

aaryngend wrote:
n0el wrote:
aaryngend wrote:Why wasn't the final just scheduled for 17-18 GMT?
That way it would have easily be done before the start of the Europe Cup final.

a best of nine starting an hour before euro? so people can miss the end of the series?
I thought it was going to be a BO7. With 17-18 GMT I meant GMT+2, so a start of the series roughly 4 hours before the finale would have been nice.
That would make it 15-16 GMT+2.

Anyway, the best course of action would have been to either start early enough to get in the matche in time OR to postpone the date.
As Astaroth said, all schedules should be based on european viewers. Americans have it easier to adjust to european schedule than the other way round.

Why should it be based around European schedules? There’s more American viewers than European.
mad cuz bad
User avatar
Netherlands Vafurx
Crossbow
Donator 02
Posts: 42

12 Jul 2021, 11:37

n0el wrote:
aaryngend wrote:
Show hidden quotes
I thought it was going to be a BO7. With 17-18 GMT I meant GMT+2, so a start of the series roughly 4 hours before the finale would have been nice.
That would make it 15-16 GMT+2.

Anyway, the best course of action would have been to either start early enough to get in the matche in time OR to postpone the date.
As Astaroth said, all schedules should be based on european viewers. Americans have it easier to adjust to european schedule than the other way round.

Why should it be based around European schedules? There’s more American viewers than European.


But Europeans donate more!
User avatar
European Union aaryngend
Howdah
Posts: 1291
Location: Germany
Clan: N3O

12 Jul 2021, 11:54

n0el wrote:Why should it be based around European schedules? There’s more American viewers than European.
Are you sure about that? I think someone else said a while ago that most viewers are actually from Europe.
Even if America has more viewers: easier for them to adjust to EU times than the other way round.
Drongo also decided to adjust his times so the maximum amount of viewers can wach his streams in comfortable timeslots.
User avatar
Greece LazarosVas
Musketeer
Posts: 62
Clan: GMDS

12 Jul 2021, 13:18

All this talk about the euro and I stopped watching the series because the NBA Finals started at 24 GMT.. NBA Finals > Boring Euro football.
No Flag Astaroth
Lancer
Posts: 987

12 Jul 2021, 14:12

Anyone else unable to open the Haitch vs Mitoe rec thread?

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysqli ]
User avatar
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01
Posts: 4884
ESO: edeholland
GameRanger ID: 4053888
Clan: ESOC

12 Jul 2021, 14:34

Astaroth wrote:Anyone else unable to open the Haitch vs Mitoe rec thread?

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysqli ]
Yep, we're working on it.
User avatar
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01
Posts: 4884
ESO: edeholland
GameRanger ID: 4053888
Clan: ESOC

12 Jul 2021, 14:46

Astaroth wrote:Anyone else unable to open the Haitch vs Mitoe rec thread?

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysqli ]
You can use this thread temporarily: viewtopic.php?f=1029&t=23282
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
Posts: 9729
Location: Paris
GameRanger ID: 5529322

12 Jul 2021, 14:55

What about the hazza vs breeze result thread
Image
Image
Image
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..

Forum Info

Return to “News”



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests