Nizam Church FF

No Flag helln00
Howdah
ESO: helln00

Nizam Church FF

Post by helln00 »

So I decided to mess around with Otto, trying to make a Nizam Fusilier Egypt revolt work and noticed that now you can research New Military Order in age 3, which inspired me to try to make an FF ver of Riotcoke's FI.

In addition, the Fusilier has been buffed "slightly" depending on your definition of slight.

First is that its affected by Counter Infantry Rifling, making its x2 against infantry x3 , against all infantry, its fun but I dont think I ever managed to fit an arsenal into this build.

Second and potentially more interesting, in Stand Ground mode it has 20 range now. A 20 range vet musket in age 3 with 4.25 speed and a combat card that boost atk and hp by 20%

So BO, inspired by spanish church FF:

Age 1 - send all vils to food immediately and only collect the crates for either mosque or TP, with the first card being silk road since I want to maximize any and all crates I get for the age up and with a TP, this means that I gain extra xp for more shipments, this build requires a lot of shipments.

When silk road arrives, task 1 vil to collect the food and once you reach 800 food, age up with the governor. Now collect the wood crates and build a house and a mosque with the remaining wood if you went tp first( you may have to chop a bit)

During age up, task all vils to food.

Age 2 - First card is 700 gold, which should be enough to age combined with the 200 gold from the age up. (900*1.25 = 1125), Second card is the church card.

All vils are tasked to food until you reach about 800 food then task like 4 vils on the crates ( I havent optimised this but it seems to work)

Sneak the tower towards enemy base.

age up with either the exiled prince for a faster age up or the admiral for 500 wood which would make getting to the tech slightly faster. ( I dont know which is better.)

All vils are on wood until you get enough wood for the tech + 600 wood for houses

Age 3 - Mosque Construction is the first card, followed by 2 falcs, the timing is such that that after Mosque construction arrives, you can research
New Infantry order and have it arrive like 10-15 seconds I think before the falcs also pop, reason to do this is purely to clear the area, you can probably time this better then me.

So now you have 15 vet Fusilier and 2 falcs at about 8-9 mins. Pressure the enemy base with the falcs and continually build houses to support unit spam from shipments. You need about 60 pop to support all the shipments + falcs.

Then once you have all the shipments do whatever, I have tried putting all vils on coin to get mercantilism to spam more falcs but other shipments maybe good as well. Altogether you can send an additional 19 Fusilier in age 3 for a total of 34 of these monsters.

A deck to test this out.
Screenshot 2021-07-20 212051.png
Brazil xitaxuta
Crossbow
ESO: xitaxuta

Re: Nizam Church FF

Post by xitaxuta »

You actually can get 15 nizam by 5:20min.. they made new infantry order available in colonial..

PS. i didnt know they have 20range in defend mode :o
No Flag helln00
Howdah

Post by helln00 »

xitaxuta wrote:You actually can get 15 nizam by 5:20min.. they made new infantry order available in colonial..

PS. i didnt know they have 20range in defend mode :o
Yeah but you cant get mosque construction so its the full 2.5k wood cost which is steep

Note that its Stand Ground for 20 range, not Defend, Defend gives you x2 against all cav, which is also good.
Brazil xitaxuta
Crossbow

Post by xitaxuta »

helln00 wrote:Note that its Stand Ground for 20 range, not Defend, Defend gives you x2 against all cav, which is also good.
ok make sense.

BTW do you know why Arrival Flag Tech doesnt show up after Palace Intrigue card is sent??

that would be sick for a Nizam Rush
Canada dansil92
Retired Contributor
ESO: dansil92

Post by dansil92 »

i think 1000w definitely deserves a place in this deck because you sent silk road but otherwise it seems potentially extremely spicy, and i would throw in 5 spahi to clean up some units amd give your vills a resource to gather for another shadowtech powerspike
No Flag helln00
Howdah

Post by helln00 »

dansil92 wrote:i think 1000w definitely deserves a place in this deck because you sent silk road but otherwise it seems potentially extremely spicy, and i would throw in 5 spahi to clean up some units amd give your vills a resource to gather for another shadowtech powerspike
I prefer the coin purely for trying to jump to age 4 and get more auto upgrades and the infinite shipment.

In addition the this was made when I was trying to do Egypt revolt, for that sweet sweet trainable fusilier.

I think 4 mams might be better then sphahi purely because against the fusilier falc comp, the only thing I would fear is culvs and so survivalbility might be key.
Canada dansil92
Retired Contributor

Post by dansil92 »

helln00 wrote:
dansil92 wrote:i think 1000w definitely deserves a place in this deck because you sent silk road but otherwise it seems potentially extremely spicy, and i would throw in 5 spahi to clean up some units amd give your vills a resource to gather for another shadowtech powerspike
I prefer the coin purely for trying to jump to age 4 and get more auto upgrades and the infinite shipment.

In addition the this was made when I was trying to do Egypt revolt, for that sweet sweet trainable fusilier.

I think 4 mams might be better then sphahi purely because against the fusilier falc comp, the only thing I would fear is culvs and so survivalbility might be key.
but spahi shadowtech and do area damage, they're a fantastic unit if you're going IV
No Flag helln00
Howdah

Post by helln00 »

dansil92 wrote:
helln00 wrote:

but spahi shadowtech and do area damage, they're a fantastic unit if you're going IV
Idk even age 4 spahi vs 4 mams, i lean towards mams. I will try that since food is easy to gather anyway
Canada dansil92
Retired Contributor

Post by dansil92 »

helln00 wrote:
dansil92 wrote:
Show hidden quotes
Idk even age 4 spahi vs 4 mams, i lean towards mams. I will try that since food is easy to gather anyway
its largely because you're going age 4 ideally. an age 4 spahi is like 1100hp or something. plus yeah foods easier, especially on a livestock map amd the spahi self heal so you can use em again and again which sorta can make up for their slightly lower health in comparison. I'm just a huge believer in spahi
Malaysia Aizamk
Pro Player
ESOC WarChiefs Classic 2017

Post by Aizamk »

helln00 wrote:So I decided to mess around with Otto, trying to make a Nizam Fusilier Egypt revolt work
Thanks for this post, it gave me a lot of the information I needed to build a strat around it. Had a lot of fun with Nizam semi FI revolts on stream yesterday.
oranges.
No Flag helln00
Howdah

Post by helln00 »

Aizamk wrote:
helln00 wrote:So I decided to mess around with Otto, trying to make a Nizam Fusilier Egypt revolt work
Thanks for this post, it gave me a lot of the information I needed to build a strat around it. Had a lot of fun with Nizam semi FI revolts on stream yesterday.
I would love to see your take. The Egypt revolt so far I have only messed around with in FFA games, since you can spam forts around the map and just keep making this cheap unit of like very little eco.
Malaysia Aizamk
Pro Player

Post by Aizamk »

helln00 wrote:
Aizamk wrote:
I would love to see your take. The Egypt revolt so far I have only messed around with in FFA games, since you can spam forts around the map and just keep making this cheap unit of like very little eco.
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1092552027

It pretty much starts off as a Nizam rush, though the conclusion is that after doing some damage you want to save them if possible until you hit III
oranges.
Brazil xitaxuta
Crossbow

Post by xitaxuta »

Aizamk wrote: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1092552027

It pretty much starts off as a Nizam rush, though the conclusion is that after doing some damage you want to save them if possible until you hit III
I feel like your opponent WAS NOT having as much fun as you did :lol: WP!

I've done your same variation few times before.. it works wells vs some civs.. :P though i stay and follow up with moar units.. i guess your semiff fi is probably safer
Brazil xitaxuta
Crossbow

Post by xitaxuta »

Also anybody knows why Arrival Flag Tech isn't showing up after Palace Intrigue Card is sent??

could be a bug?

you could actually send those nizam to spam anywhere! :devil:
Attachments
arrival-flag.jpg
No Flag helln00
Howdah

Post by helln00 »

Tat was never a tech right? I have never seen that before. Leaking the next patch maybe?
Brazil xitaxuta
Crossbow

Post by xitaxuta »

helln00 wrote:Tat was never a tech right? I have never seen that before. Leaking the next patch maybe?
who knows :unsure: I posted the same on the ageofempires forum .. some say it was an old tech from vanilla but nobody could confirm..

regardless is not mentioned anywhere in the DE patch notes. so maybe its a bug. hopefully a developer will clarify
China fei123456
Jaeger
ESO: fei123456

Post by fei123456 »

But do Nizams worth so much investment? They're better janissaries indeed, but they're still musket type; they don't beat skirms, and you can't train them from barracks. Notice that a highlander costs 200 gold only, and they're 10 times stronger than a Nizam.
Canada dansil92
Retired Contributor

Post by dansil92 »

fei123456 wrote:But do Nizams worth so much investment? They're better janissaries indeed, but they're still musket type; they don't beat skirms, and you can't train them from barracks. Notice that a highlander costs 200 gold only, and they're 10 times stronger than a Nizam.
Nizam are useful for crushing other muskets without opening yourself up to a cav switch, plus having the option to switch into 20 range or snipe a cannon. As for myself, I've just accepted that cav archers do the job better than the nerfed garbage jans and nerfed abus that seem to never shoot after the first moment of an engagement, can't seem to make fussies work in a 1v1
No Flag helln00
Howdah

Post by helln00 »

they can get x3 vs all infantry, which makes them melt skirms up close
Vietnam duckzilla
Jaeger

Post by duckzilla »

xitaxuta wrote:
helln00 wrote:Tat was never a tech right? I have never seen that before. Leaking the next patch maybe?
who knows :unsure: I posted the same on the ageofempires forum .. some say it was an old tech from vanilla but nobody could confirm..

regardless is not mentioned anywhere in the DE patch notes. so maybe its a bug. hopefully a developer will clarify
I play the game since 2005 and am like 100% sure that I never saw this technology.
Whatever is written above: this is no financial advice.

Beati pauperes spiritu.
Malaysia Aizamk
Pro Player

Post by Aizamk »

xitaxuta wrote:

Looks like a tech tree bug. Icon is for the original tufanci corps tech which gave 15 jans for 1k wood.
oranges.
Brazil xitaxuta
Crossbow

Post by xitaxuta »

Aizamk wrote:
Looks like a tech tree bug. Icon is for the original tufanci corps tech which gave 15 jans for 1k wood.
Ok the icon could be an old one but what about the Arrival Flag tech description? :unsure:
Malaysia Aizamk
Pro Player

Post by Aizamk »

likely just an incorrect stringtable reference
oranges.
No Flag helln00
Howdah

Post by helln00 »

I finally got the courage to try this on ladder, probably won by tilting the guy but it does shit on muskets pretty well, yumi without way of the bow are also very vulnerable. My micro was shit and lag didnt help.

Made a number of errors, first being forgetting to build a house , and then gathering food because I thought i had spahi in deck and probably should have targeted the consulate first
[SP] 8aceMark1R[JP] vs coffecoeff>1[OT] - Dakota.age3yrec
(2.85 MiB) Downloaded 95 times
Dakota
Dakota
Rules: Supremacy (1v1)
Version: Definitive Edition 12.30181