can you make 200 dollar per month by streaming aoe3

General forum about Age of Empires 3 DE. Please post strategy threads, recorded games, user-created content and tech support threads in their respective forum.
Iceland Yukietti
Dragoon
ESO: Yukietty

can you make 200 dollar per month by streaming aoe3

Post by Yukietti »

soo because of the Turkish lira getting worthless you can live in Turkey by making 250 dollar I have other incomes but I also want to make other incomes because I don't wanna take money from my parents and I wonder if I can make 100-200 dollar by streaming aoe3 and adding donation link etc. any idea?
China fei123456
Jaeger
ESO: fei123456

Re: can you make 200 dollar per month by streaming aoe3

Post by fei123456 »

Nope, but it may be possible if you make a pretty girl Live2d model, and stream as a vtuber. You need a voice switcher too.
111.png
Trust me, men don't like AOE3 streamers. But they love virtual idols.
Iceland Yukietti
Dragoon

Post by Yukietti »

This economy makes me wanna open onlyfans
Kiribati princeofcarthage
Retired Contributor

Post by princeofcarthage »

If you get a good deal with twitch and say initially you earn about 3$ per sub you need about 65 for 200$.
I don't know the threshold for running ads but ad income is very low. Probably couple dollars per 1000 views. Donations should be considered as bonus. One month you get 50$ other month 200$. You can't consider it as sure shot income.

The things to remember:
Twitch has regional pricing, meaning subs in turkey are probably cheaper than US. Meaning you will earn less. Same is for ads. Aoe 3 is not popular. Even max you can expect of 300 concurrent viewers. You need personality, brand and skill like aiz gua or kaiser to reach that level. First few months will be tough and you shouldn't lose hope.

That being said 200-250 dollars per month should be doable but will take time. You can also sell merch!
Fine line to something great is a strange change.
Korea South Miyawaki Sakura
Dragoon
ESO: April

Post by Miyawaki Sakura »

It's easy if you're a pretty girl.
If not, you should do something like pouring soy sauce on your head. :(
Great Britain chris1089
Retired Contributor
ESO: chris1089

Post by chris1089 »

Yukietty wrote:soo because of the Turkish lira getting worthless you can live in Turkey by making 250 dollar I have other incomes but I also want to make other incomes because I don't wanna take money from my parents and I wonder if I can make 100-200 dollar by streaming aoe3 and adding donation link etc. any idea?
Have you considered freelancing? You may have some skills you can be paid for online on sites like Upwork, which will pay you in dollars.
Iceland Yukietti
Dragoon

Post by Yukietti »

princeofcarthage wrote:If you get a good deal with twitch and say initially you earn about 3$ per sub you need about 65 for 200$.
I don't know the threshold for running ads but ad income is very low. Probably couple dollars per 1000 views. Donations should be considered as bonus. One month you get 50$ other month 200$. You can't consider it as sure shot income.

The things to remember:
Twitch has regional pricing, meaning subs in turkey are probably cheaper than US. Meaning you will earn less. Same is for ads. Aoe 3 is not popular. Even max you can expect of 300 concurrent viewers. You need personality, brand and skill like aiz gua or kaiser to reach that level. First few months will be tough and you shouldn't lose hope.

That being said 200-250 dollars per month should be doable but will take time. You can also sell merch!
I mean I was making 100 dollar per two months maybe if I put some more effort I can make it in one month
Iceland Yukietti
Dragoon

Post by Yukietti »

chris1089 wrote:
Yukietty wrote:soo because of the Turkish lira getting worthless you can live in Turkey by making 250 dollar I have other incomes but I also want to make other incomes because I don't wanna take money from my parents and I wonder if I can make 100-200 dollar by streaming aoe3 and adding donation link etc. any idea?
Have you considered freelancing? You may have some skills you can be paid for online on sites like Upwork, which will pay you in dollars.
Im gonna look at it thanks
Latvia harcha
Gendarme
ESO: hatamoto_samurai

Post by harcha »

if you do your best to make the stream entertaining you can probably get it with donations only

but you'd have to literally stream full time
POC wrote:Also I most likely know a whole lot more than you.
POC wrote:Also as an objective third party, and near 100% accuracy of giving correct information, I would say my opinions are more reliable than yours.
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

200 a month seems pretty doable if you're good at it and willing to put the work in. But streaming a non-dead game would obviously be much better
This economy makes me wanna open onlyfans
If you have the goods, why not tbh
Iceland Yukietti
Dragoon

Post by Yukietti »

I can be really good player in aoe3 if I put effort but aoe4 has huge player base so it's harder in there if I try to stream aoe4 I doubt I'll reach to 30 viewer
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

If you're streaming full time I don't think you'll have any trouble getting good at AoE4. You'll be able to catch up to almost everyone in playtime because most people can't afford to play that much.
But being a good streamer is the most important thing. If you're likeable and entertaining I don't think it matters that much how good you are at the game.

How is your spoken English?
Tokelau jesus3
Jaeger

Post by jesus3 »

I second this, you'll be having a much easier time growing as a streamer with aoe4. At least if your spoken English is good. Additionally, streaming with facecam and livid interaction with viewers might help, too
Iceland Yukietti
Dragoon

Post by Yukietti »

Hmm im studying at uni so I'm not thinking of streaming full time but just 2-3 hours in a day
My spoken English isn't bad it's understandable
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

Freelancing is probably a more reliable way to make money. What are you studying at uni? Programming/web development can make you a lot of money online. Make sure to read up on Turkish tax laws though as I'm sure you're not the first one with this idea.
Iceland Yukietti
Dragoon

Post by Yukietti »

I'm studying international trade in German language and I looked at freelance and there are jobs to translate stuff I think it's more viable than aoe3 streaming
Tokelau jesus3
Jaeger

Post by jesus3 »

Yukietty wrote:I'm studying international trade in German language and I looked at freelance and there are jobs to translate stuff I think it's more viable than aoe3 streaming
That seems pretty good. Just don't get ripped off for gigs, really beware of your own cost per hour. Freelance newbies tend to sell themselves short.
Interesting that you can study it in German but makes perfect sense since Turks make up the biggest diaspora in Germany
European Union aaryngend
Howdah
Clan: N3O

Post by aaryngend »

jesus3 wrote:Interesting that you can study it in German but makes perfect sense since Turks make up the biggest diaspora in Germany
I'm pretty sure that he is living and studying it in Turkey. Else the 200 bucks a month make no sense. The lira is worth almost nothing now so even what is considered lower income in countries like germany or france make for a great living in Turkey.

Türkiye baya battı, sana'da yineden çok başarılar :!:
Netherlands MCJim
Retired Contributor
ESO: MCJim

Post by MCJim »

Go stream AoE3, we need more top streamers, casters and YouTube videos :P

Spoken about YouTube, this platform can possibly complement the 200$.
:food: My AoE3 YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/MCJimAgeofEmpiresIII
:wood: My AoE3 Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/MCJim_

:coin: Age of Streaming YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/AgeOfStreaming
Iceland Yukietti
Dragoon

Post by Yukietti »

MCJim wrote:Go stream AoE3, we need more top streamers, casters and YouTube videos :P

for some reason whenever i upload a video on youtube it doesnt get any viewers i think i need to learn about tags maybe?

Tokelau jesus3
Jaeger

Post by jesus3 »

aaryngend wrote:
jesus3 wrote:Interesting that you can study it in German but makes perfect sense since Turks make up the biggest diaspora in Germany
I'm pretty sure that he is living and studying it in Turkey. Else the 200 bucks a month make no sense. The lira is worth almost nothing now so even what is considered lower income in countries like germany or france make for a great living in Turkey.

Türkiye baya battı, sana'da yineden çok başarılar :!:
Exactly what I meant. It makes sense that, in Turkey, you may study subjects in German language in some unis because of the strong links between the two countries and people.
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

Yukietty wrote:
MCJim wrote:Go stream AoE3, we need more top streamers, casters and YouTube videos :P

for some reason whenever i upload a video on youtube it doesnt get any viewers i think i need to learn about tags maybe?

[vids]
Personally, when I come across a video that has text-based instructions or commentary (which is rare nowadays), I immediately close it. Use your voice
Iceland Yukietti
Dragoon

Post by Yukietti »

Goodspeed wrote:
Yukietty wrote:

[vids]
Personally, when I come across a video that has text-based instructions or commentary (which is rare nowadays), I immediately close it. Use your voice
its a concept about that game i shared
like check this guy with same concept
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCr89jh ... jprwuU1NQA

its about reaching people i dont know how to do that on youtube so twitch is easier i think
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

If your videos are entertaining and/or informative with good titles and thumbnails you will reach people. And sure there are probably content creators who are making the text stuff work but they are exceptions. I'd really recommend using your voice. If you don't want to do that, you're just handicapping yourself. Pursuing content creating would probably be a waste of your time then
European Union scarm
Howdah
ESO: Malebranche

Post by scarm »

Don't take this the wrong way but emulating slasher is probably not a good idea. His vids aren't meant as actual guides but go the full on comedy route, and to make that work you have to have an immaculate sense of humour and be somewhat lucky i think (he seemed to have some youtube algorithm luck because he started growing incredibly fast at some point). Yours seem to be more so actual guides, and for those people will want clear cut instructions, and at least i personally want spoken language in guides so that i can have the video on while doing the activity in question, so that i can follow instructions side by side.