Mexico insurgente + maya javelineer timing/rush

Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Mexico insurgente + maya javelineer timing/rush

Post by Garja »

Started playtesting Mexico and this basic strat quickly comes to mind looking at cards. You get 24 maya javelineer + spam 10 insurgentes non stop (eventually 20). Bit of a cheese but still quite broken.

The build order:

Age1
Market start for hunting dogs and age at 14/20 pop with Chiapas State. First card is 2v +1 hacienda.
Once collected the food for the age up, research the wood upgrade at the market and switch all vills to wood.

Transition to age2
Send land grab for cheaper haciendas and start building them when it arrives. Have enough vills on food for constant vill production (usually about 2v once age2 is reched but keep an eye on it to possibly squeeze more vills on wood and speed up the build).

Age2
Send the military wagon forward if against a passive civ, otherwise build rax in base.
Send 700w and make max haciendas (6). Chop wood for a house then switch all vills but 5 to food and start making insurgentes asap.
Send Tzotzil uprising (4 maya javelineer for each hacienda). Once arrived push. Keep making houses.
Next card is 12 insurgentes, then either insurgente upgrade card or 600w for a second rax + housing.
Don't forget the Maya crops card at some point. It gives 2100f with 6 haciendas lol.
Image Image Image
Singapore Thrar
Retired Contributor
ESO: Thrar

Re: Mexico insurgente + maya javelineer timing/rush

Post by Thrar »

After land grab, haciendas are 360w, aren't they, so it's still an 1800w plus card investment for the remaining 5?
At what time do you get the javelins out? Is it fast enough to contest an early age 2 rush or more something against opponents doing an FF?
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

That's why you send 700w as first card. The javelineers should be out at exactly 6:00.
It is not exactly a rush but you have decent eco and can just spam 10 or 20 insurgentes and even tho it is just a bad pike you get so many of them that I'm sure the strat can be abused big time.

There is a chance hacienda gathering rate is bugged btw, at least in single player.
Image Image Image
Great Britain Widgie
Crossbow
ESO: Widgie

Post by Widgie »

Just did this build and it worked perfectly! They thought that I was going for the standard greedy boom and I managed to defend and fight back against their revolt! Thanks for the guide!

My only concern is... what's the back up plan if it doesn't work? I've attached the replay for you :)
Attachments
[SP] Widgie[MX] vs 紗霧たん[MX] - afDarfur.age3yrec
I think we should rename to the Boom Bait ;)
(3.25 MiB) Downloaded 104 times
afDarfur
afDarfur
Reporting on all things STRATEGY

:coin: YouTube -> https://bit.ly/30VIuWH
:food: Twitch -> https://www.twitch.tv/widgie1
:wood: Discord -> https://discord.gg/KCwufjjScN