Is it possible to get people banned for beeing a Nazi?

Place open for new posts — threads with fresh content will be moved to either Real-life Discussion or ESOC Talk sub-forums, where you can create new topics.
Germany japanesegeneral
Lancer
ESO: JapaneseGeneral

Post by japanesegeneral »

As the title says i`ve [strike]lost[/strike] played a game to a player who said 88 after he had trade monopoly. I dont know in how far u do know the meaning of it. Its a german shorting of "Heil Hitler". So how can i punish my opponent (otto lamer btw.). Any ideas?
6 petards a day keep the doctor away.
Germany blasdg
Dragoon

Post by blasdg »

wtf seriously? How do you want to prove that? Maybe he is not german, what do you do then? Maybe 88 is his date of birth? Or the age of his grandmother?

and btw, I am german myself: NOBODY gives a shit about your stupid abbrevations, 88 and 18 and stuff like that. Literally nobody cares besides a very specific, stupid minority (like 0,01%).
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

blasdg wrote:wtf seriously? How do you want to prove that? Maybe he is not german, what do you do then? Maybe 88 is his date of birth? Or the age of his grandmother?

and btw, I am german myself: NOBODY gives a shit about your stupid abbrevations, 88 and 18 and stuff like that. Literally nobody cares besides a very specific, stupid minority (like 0,01%).

please tell me your final solution for this minority problem?
Germany japanesegeneral
Lancer

I do since i wanna piss nazis of as much as a i can. As i am a liberal person which hates nazis because it grew up in nazi village i think its better to operate in those cases. Beeing right wing my start like that action and we do have way to many of those. Why the hell should he randomly spam his date of birth does not make sense. Well u dont give a shit about politics right?

Literature for all germans to understand what i mean: Kling, Marc Uwe' Das K?nguru Manifest (Ich versuche nur in den gro??en Schuhen des K?ngurus zu wandeln zumindest Nazi bez?glich)
Germany blasdg
Dragoon

Post by blasdg »

The retardation is strong in this thread.

88 88 88

So I am a nazi now, right?

... guess what, you want to piss him off, I am pretty sure he wanted to piss you off as well. No need to interpret the worst into everything that people say. And yes, I dont give a shit about politics when I am playing aoe3 vs a completely random stranger.
Palestine Mimsy for President
Jaeger

Post by Mimsy for President »

umeu wrote:
blasdg wrote:wtf seriously? How do you want to prove that? Maybe he is not german, what do you do then? Maybe 88 is his date of birth? Or the age of his grandmother?

please tell me your final solution for this minority problem?
[img]https://lauerbrett.de/thumb/Faden_f%C3%BCr_Bernd_chpfr_5265e29c.png[/img]
Germany japanesegeneral
Lancer

Well as u acutally spam it (the "88")only for provocation issues it makes u not automatically a nazi but i can not say ur not. Well i pissed him off for sure cause iprolonged a 15 min game to 45 mins. Why the fuck should somebody say randomly 88 in a game after he is about to win? I dont know if have been following all this Pegida shit but it actually shows a shift in the german society which should at least be a warning signal to all of us. Those are the people who are the cause the biggest danger in my opinion. I do think that this topic has general importance to all of us.

Of course it is always hard to say who is a nazi and who is not but this case seems to be super simple to me.
(I am waiting for thebritish`s post)
No Flag 91
Retired Contributor
Donator 01

Post by 91 »

maybe it's his hotkey for his explorer
Germany blasdg
Dragoon

Post by blasdg »

maybe he has custom taunts
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Post by fightinfrenchman »

There is no way to prove he is a nazi... but he is a ne'er-do-well to be sure. Unlike some others on this forum (I will not give names) I think Nazis are bad
Dromedary Scone Mix is not Alone Mix
Germany blasdg
Dragoon

Post by blasdg »

I think everyone agrees that Nazis are bad.
You still cant prove anything. Maybe he is Russian and in his alphabet 88 means gg. We dont know shit,

and btw being a Nazi is not forbidden, its stupid, yes, but not forbidden. Wanna hear a little story about that?

RTSL quarter finals, MMC vs sMb. MMC was a german clan with StarSky, Nightscream and other top players. sMb was a swedish clan with players like Smurf, Kamikaze, SuZiD, Stoffe - PR 40ish. sMb actually won the game and they wrote "Heil Hitler" with wall segments on the map so that it was visible on the minimap. Guess what, NOTHING happened. And this was way more obvious that spamming 88 all the time.

So to answer your question: I think its highly unlikely that you can get this person banned.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

blasdg wrote:The retardation is strong in this thread.

88 88 88

So I am a nazi now, right?

So you have something against retarded people? Is it because you believe in a masterrace, or is it simply because you habe nichts gewusst?
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

blasdg wrote:I think everyone agrees that Nazis are bad.
You still cant prove anything. Maybe he is Russian and in his alphabet 88 means gg. We dont know shit,

and btw being a Nazi is not forbidden, its stupid, yes, but not forbidden. Wanna hear a little story about that?

RTSL quarter finals, MMC vs sMb. MMC was a german clan with StarSky, Nightscream and other top players. sMb was a swedish clan with players like Smurf, Kamikaze, SuZiD, Stoffe - PR 40ish. sMb actually won the game and they wrote "Heil Hitler" with wall segments on the map so that it was visible on the minimap. Guess what, NOTHING happened. And this was way more obvious that spamming 88 all the time.

So to answer your question: I think its highly unlikely that you can get this person banned.

its actually forbidden in many (european) countries :) to be one visibly anyway. all though the day they can enforce it, probably also "secretly"
United States of America Metis
Howdah

Post by Metis »

How is "88" associated with Nazi's? Does it refer to the 88 mm anti-aircraft gun that became such a good tank killer when the Germans decided to put into their tanks and tank destroyers?
Germany japanesegeneral
Lancer

To put it in a better way there?s at least the "possiblity" he is nazi but we can not say for he is. Why would u have 88 or even more costum taunts. Nobody would ever know all of them. Why would u spam ur hotkeys into the chat? Thats something that never happened to me. But in general the problem still exists: How should i behave in case i can profe my opponent is a nazi? should i add them to my freindlist and spam random stuff at them so they ll pest me? (Adding to friends for no qs at the time he is online and not ingame). Help is welcome... The situation was just a little u know it looked like he was dumb...->Nazi behaved so all the time...
Germany japanesegeneral
Lancer

metis wrote:How is "88" associated with Nazi''s? Does it refer to the 88 mm anti-aircraft gun that became such a good tank killer when the Germans decided to put into their tanks and tank destroyers?
As H is the eight letter of the alphabet. It means HH, As people around 1933-1945 in germany said "Heil Hitler"instead of hello. I am not sure about the rest of the story sorry metis.
No Flag Wuangaga
Lancer

Post by Wuangaga »

metis wrote:How is "88" associated with Nazi''s? Does it refer to the 88 mm anti-aircraft gun that became such a good tank killer when the Germans decided to put into their tanks and tank destroyers?
There were a lot of organizations having a "88" in their name and because the 8th letter in the alphabet is H, people saw it as a shortcut for "Heil Hitler".
United States of America Metis
Howdah

Post by Metis »

Maybe the guy was Chinese.

88 is also used to mean "bye bye()" in Chinese-language chats, text messages, SMSs and IMs. 88 is pronounced in Chinese Mandarin language as "baba" ("b?ba" to be precise), simulating the sound of the English language "bye bye".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/88_(number)
Germany japanesegeneral
Lancer

i am about to ask him where he is from damn his game takes so long...
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

or maybe he was a nazi
Germany DerMaxinator
Dragoon
ESO: DerMax

Post by DerMaxinator »

the 8th letter in the alphabet is "h" - therefore 88 = hh which then means "Heil Hitler"

that and 18 is basically the same only that it stands for "Adolf Hitler"
Ain't no skills in makin' vills
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

dermaxinator wrote:
metis wrote:How is "88" associated with Nazis? Does it refer to the 88 mm anti-aircraft gun that became such a good tank killer when the Germans decided to put into their tanks and tank destroyers?
the 8th letter in the alphabet is "h" - therefore 88 = hh which then means "Heil Hitler"

couldnt it also stand for Herbert hoover 31st president of the United states?
Germany DerMaxinator
Dragoon
ESO: DerMax

Post by DerMaxinator »

gibson wrote:
dermaxinator wrote:the 8th letter in the alphabet is "h" - therefore 88 = hh which then means "Heil Hitler"

couldnt it also stand for Herbert hoover 31st president of the United states?
I guess it could, although I doubt that Germans know who Herbert Hoover is...
Ain't no skills in makin' vills
No Flag thebritish
Jaeger

Post by thebritish »

japanesegeneral wrote:Well as u acutally spam it (the "88")only for provocation issues it makes u not automatically a nazi but i can not say ur not. Well i pissed him off for sure cause iprolonged a 15 min game to 45 mins. Why the fuck should somebody say randomly 88 in a game after he is about to win? I dont know if have been following all this Pegida shit but it actually shows a shift in the german society which should at least be a warning signal to all of us. Those are the people who are the cause the biggest danger in my opinion. I do think that this topic has general importance to all of us.

Of course it is always hard to say who is a nazi and who is not but this case seems to be super simple to me.
(I am waiting for thebritish`s post)
I saw this topic and after i saw this comment, i will comment.

[spoiler]{88 (wikipedia)}
88 (eighty-eight) is the natural number following 87 and preceding 89.

[spoiler]{My comment:}
Nobody cares if somebody is nazi and writes 88 at random times and M$ doesn''t give a shit.
The hackers are getting banned only in small amounts which means i doubt he will get banned (or maybe he will in few years),
[or]
if you are so angry because he is nazi, and you want to DDoS him whenever he gets on ESO, so he will regret because he wrote 88 while was playing against you.[/spoiler][/spoiler]
krichk wrote: For some reason, you want the world to know that you're brave enough to challenge thebritish
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

dermaxinator wrote:
gibson wrote:couldnt it also stand for Herbert hoover 31st president of the United states?
I guess it could, although I doubt that Germans know who Herbert Hoover is...

Im just trying to point out thats is really arbitrary and you cant start a witch hunt and crucify someone for being a nazi because they said 2 numbers..... Its ridiculous. Even if they are who cares?