Ottomans Discussion Thread

France iNcog
Ninja

Ottomans Discussion Thread

Post by iNcog »

This is the Ottoman Discussion thread, where several topics concerning this civilization on the ESOC Patch may be discussed. We're looking for feedback on the current state of balance, from the community's standpoint.
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote:
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
United States of America Cometk
Retired Contributor

Ottoman Discussion Thread

Post by Cometk »

hypee!!!! now i can play my favorite civ and hopefully not feel guilty for it
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01
ESO: edeholland
GameRanger ID: 4053888
Clan: ESOC

Post by edeholland »

We know the Silk Road card still has the team icon, but it doesn't really work in team games.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

I have been trying out a neat silk road build. At starting crates of 100f 400w you can get 2 TP's. Delay the 3 vill shipment by a little bit (when the 9th villager finishes ship it) and put all vills on wood once you age up. You can barely affort a house before the next villager finishes, although its very close. ship silk road, 700w, 700g, 600g, 3 huss. It increased my mass by a few units (I got 23 jans, 19 abus and 8 huss at 9:52 with poor execution, which I got at 10:20 without silk road) and allowed me to squeeze in a mosque. It feels like this build is really good if you start with exactly those crates. 15% more abus would be 1.5 abus when you have 10 abus, so this would mean that otto is indeed not nerfed at those specific starting crates.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

with 400w you can go sr without 3v and have like 50 units at 8 minutes
Image Image Image
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

garja wrote:with 400w you can go sr without 3v and have like 50 units at 8 minutes
So why was sr buffed then?
last time i cryed was because i stood on Lego
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

I tried silk road vs a comp and if you do the 3v / sr / 700w / 700g / 600g build with 400w start you can have your early tp + another tp without chopping any wood + a shipment ready when you hit colonial. Then with 500w age up you can just make a forward rax + stagecoach + a house and harass as fast as a jan rush (except you don't send the 5 jans), and catch up with the normal abus jan build. But you will have way more eco, the mass you can get is unbelievable, I will try to post a rec if I can.

Garja if you send only sr in discovery, what's your build ? Use straight away 400w for 2 tps, or still keep 20w in each crate ? In fact it's true you get so much free stuff with sr, from the trade route and the homecity, that 3 vils might not be that useful
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Bangladesh vaal_no_3
Crossbow
ESO: vaal_no_3

Post by vaal_no_3 »

i agree with Jerom and kaiserklein.

1. "Silk Road" card moved to discovery age (from from colonial) and effect increased to 25% (up from 15%). Team effect removed.
---so they can put 1 more card in colonial.
-- still can do boom/mass batter in colonial with extra 10% tp bonus insane.

2. Abus gun reload time increased to 3.5 seconds (up from 3 seconds, about -14% dps).
--ok. but imo Abus gun making time should be more, so then can mass less when, opponent is doing semi ff. otherwise there will be no option to do semi ff vs oto.

3. Improved upgrade ??Veteran Abus Gun? to also give +2 range.
--ok.

4. Mosque cost increased to 150w (up from 100) and XP income increased to 0.7 xp/s (up from 0.4).
--ok. good for them in non tp map.

vs. otto wall(1500hp) is no good any more.
France Rikikipu
Retired Contributor
ESO: p-of

Post by Rikikipu »

I like the silk road thing in discovery. It gives just more options to ottomans and finally a decent eco. But the main problem are still abus. They need to be nerfed a little bit.
Palestine Mimsy for President
Jaeger

Post by Mimsy for President »

rikikipu wrote:I like the silk road thing in discovery. It gives just more options to ottomans and finally a decent eco. But the main problem are still abus. They need to be nerfed a little bit.
I agree. [strike]But if they are nerfed (again), I hope they''ll get a bonus vs ranged cavalry.[/strike]
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

they already have that
Jaeger

umeu wrote:they already have that
You are right. Why I had that feeling they were doing nothing vs goons and bow riders :/
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Post by zoom »

A greater one then perhaps, I suppose.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

shaolinstar wrote:
umeu wrote:they already have that
You are right. Why I had that feeling they were doing nothing vs goons and bow riders :/

because they have a 0.5 multiplier vs cav rather than a 0.8 one.

Anyways, 14% less dps which is even less when hit and running is an extremely small nerf when I come to think about it. Between 5-10 minutes, the timing at which otto tends to win the game, we are talking about 1-2 abus less compared to the re patch. Thats like equal to getting really good treasures, but not much more.

Does that mean we have to conclude that jan abus wasnt OP to begin with?
Jaeger

jerom wrote:
shaolinstar wrote:You are right. Why I had that feeling they were doing nothing vs goons and bow riders :/

Anyways, 14% less dps which is even less when hit and running is an extremely small nerf when I come to think about it. Between 5-10 minutes, the timing at which otto tends to win the game, we are talking about 1-2 abus less compared to the re patch. Thats like equal to getting really good treasures, but not much more.

It says x1.5 vs. Light Cavalry here http://ageofempires.wikia.com/wiki/Abus_Gun
And Light Cav = Ranged Cav if Im not mistaken. Still I had this weird feeling, especially vs sioux.

Im sure the staff will fix it if it turns out otto is still op. There is no real feedback for now except the game with diarouga and goongoon (EP replay pack). And thats clearly not enough to draw conclusions.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

its 0.5 vs all cav + 1.5 vs light cav = 0.75 total multiplier vs light cav.

where as normal ranged infantry usually has 0.75 vs cav and 2.0 vs cav = 1.5 total multiplier vs light cav.
Jaeger

Well that's shit then. BUFF !
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

On nilla abus do *0.5 vs goons. It makes it easier mainly for france and ports to counter otto, by massing goons and shipping a few skirms. On RE patch tad goons lost quite hard to abus guns unfortunately.

Rikipu I agree that silk road is a nice alternative to the basic otto lame, but it has to be balanced. Also doesn't it change the otto meta, making them invest more in their eco ? I don't have any problem with that, but I think the fp team didn't want to shift the meta
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme

Post by zoom »

jerom wrote:
shaolinstar wrote:You are right. Why I had that feeling they were doing nothing vs goons and bow riders :/

Its by no means an extremely small nerf. Its not big though.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

zoom wrote:
jerom wrote:because they have a 0.5 multiplier vs cav rather than a 0.8 one.

Its by no means an extremely small nerf. Its not big though.
I think its the smallest nerf of the set though, after the japan wonder nerf.
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme

Post by zoom »

kaiserklein wrote:On nilla abus do *0.5 vs goons. It makes it easier mainly for france and ports to counter otto, by massing goons and shipping a few skirms. On RE patch tad goons lost quite hard to abus guns unfortunately.

Rikipu I agree that silk road is a nice alternative to the basic otto lame, but it has to be balanced. Also doesn''t it change the otto meta, making them invest more in their eco ? I don''t have any problem with that, but I think the fp team didn''t want to shift the meta
For civilizations like Ottomans and Sioux, slight meta changes may be a necessity. Silk Road allows Ottomans the option to invest more in their economy, but it doesn''t force them to. It''s a compromise.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

zoom wrote:
kaiserklein wrote:On nilla abus do *0.5 vs goons. It makes it easier mainly for france and ports to counter otto, by massing goons and shipping a few skirms. On RE patch tad goons lost quite hard to abus guns unfortunately.

Rikipu I agree that silk road is a nice alternative to the basic otto lame, but it has to be balanced. Also doesnt it change the otto meta, making them invest more in their eco ? I dont have any problem with that, but I think the fp team didnt want to shift the meta
For civilizations like Ottomans and Sioux, slight meta changes may be a necessity. Silk Road allows Ottomans the option to invest more in their economy, but it doesnt force them to. Its a compromise.

Ok but it still seems too powerful. 25 in discovery is really much
Jaeger

It's enough to fix its crap eco.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

I think its objectively stronger on a 400w 100f start by a pretty large margin. Enough to compensate the abus nerf for sure.
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme

Post by zoom »

kaiserklein wrote:
zoom wrote:For civilizations like Ottomans and Sioux, slight meta changes may be a necessity. Silk Road allows Ottomans the option to invest more in their economy, but it doesnt force them to. Its a compromise.

Ok but it still seems too powerful. 25 in discovery is really much
Thats entirely possible. Im only reluctant to jump to conclusions. Again, allow me to emphasize: If its an issue it will no doubt be addressed.