New Website!

No Flag 91
Retired Contributor
Donator 01

New Website!

Post by 91 »

Hey,

There is a new website, and some of your favorite functions might be missing. :( You might realize you want something completely new and amazing on the site. Or maybe something just isn't working for you.

There are many things that seems a bit out of place and maye not working all the way since we had to launch it earlier than expected, but we are working on it. We are trying to take as much time as possible from our spare times for this project. However it is easy to miss details, and we are grateful for feedback so we know what you guys think are the most important things to add/fix first.

We hope you will be understanding for this and we do our best to make eso-comunnity a good experience for everyone!
Netherlands MCJim
Retired Contributor
ESO: MCJim

Re: New Website!

Post by MCJim »

I miss the country flag in someones profile.
I'd also like to see more posts per page.

Thanks for the site and remember that these points don't have a big priority 8-)
:food: My AoE3 YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/MCJimAgeofEmpiresIII
:wood: My AoE3 Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/MCJim_

:coin: Age of Streaming YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/AgeOfStreaming
United States of America _H2O
ESOC Business Team
Donator 06
ESO: _H2O

Post by _H2O »

I think we already got quick reply back, needs to be styled a bit. Very fast turn around from 91 on that.

I will change that back to the number we used to have on the old forum for posts per page.

We can also look into getting an add in for the flags. I know a lot of forums have them!

Good feedback!
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

I would like to see a most recent threads side bar and a "your" most recents threads sidebar similar to that which was on the old forum
ESOC Business Team
Donator 06

Post by _H2O »

So now it is back to the same number of posts per page as we used to have.

We can look into that too. The front page of the site is not anywhere near final in its design. We had to put something up there for launch because of time crunch though.
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

Shoutbox. Especially with the EP it's sometimes hard to find games. It'd be great to ask if anyone is up for a game in the shoutbox.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

About the quick reply thing. It looks a little bit off with my browser resolution. I am really fond of the new style of notifications though. Love them.

Things Id like to see: A 10/15 active topics list on the left side, a shoutbox or something similair (though this could be discussed), and maybe a button to acces eso-community.net/forums more easily.

EDIT: speaking of the devil, just used the notification thing and it took me to the home page rather than to the post that quoted me.
No Flag 91
Retired Contributor
Donator 01

Post by 91 »

Jerom wrote:About the quick reply thing. It looks a little bit off with my browser resolution. I am really fond of the new style of notifications though. Love them.

Things Id like to see: A 10/15 active topics list on the left side, a shoutbox or something similair (though this could be discussed), and maybe a button to acces eso-community.net/forums more easily.

EDIT: speaking of the devil, just used the notification thing and it took me to the home page rather than to the post that quoted me.

Notification links should be fixed now. Let me know if you still have trouble

(Do you have screenshot of the quick reply, and which browser + approximate resolution are you using? Would be of great help :) )
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

resolution is 1920*1080
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

A while Im at it, itd be really cool if we could advance the replay system somewhat beyond what it is right now. I loved what it was like on rts sanctuary for example.
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

what you guys think are the most important things to add/fix first

The post body is as wide as the screen (minus the sidebar), but the post body text is about 2/3 of the body, which leaves a lot of empty space on the right.
Also the avatar area has a lot of empty space.
Small choice of smilies (only the default set from the basic phpBB3 installation).
This button from the searchbox is in a weird spot:
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

Id agree that the forum layout isn't quite OCD proof yet :p
No Flag 91
Retired Contributor
Donator 01

Post by 91 »

Have to remember that is a huge screen resolution, and it's really annoying to read text that have 300 characters / line. I don't know how you should fill the width really? But probably the whole "thread body" should have a max-width then
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

Jerom wrote:Id agree that the forum layout isn't quite OCD proof yet :p

Didn't even post any OCD stuff yet :S
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

91 wrote:Have to remember that is a huge screen resolution, and it's really annoying to read text that have 300 characters / line. I don't know how you should fill the width really? But probably the whole "thread body" should have a max-width then
Yeah, just put a blank space like on the left side on the right side aswell. You can see, in the screenshot, that it's not annoying in the slightest. Making the max length the same as the current length of the quick reply thing would be nice I think.

EDIT: although the way it looks right now is pretty neat aswell I guess.
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

All attachments are gone. Is there any way to retrieve these?
ESOC Business Team
Donator 06

Post by _H2O »

they are not gone. You can click on them and download them. What are you referring to?
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

91 wrote:Have to remember that is a huge screen resolution, and it's really annoying to read text that have 300 characters / line. I don't know how you should fill the width really? But probably the whole "thread body" should have a max-width then

There are a number of things you can do: make the overall forum width smaller, move the avatar areas to the right, add some extra section on the right, inside the post body, in which you can place the post time stamps. Here's an example:

On each of these solutions you can add some extra margins or paddings. You could turn the post body in a separate section from the avatar area, for example, and have them displayed like separate boxes with some margins between them.

Mr_Bramboy wrote:All attachments are gone. Is there any way to retrieve these?

Attachments
Capture.PNG
ESOC Business Team
Donator 06

Post by _H2O »

attachments have been fixed
France benj89
Howdah

Post by benj89 »

for some reason I can't upload some normal size avatar like I could with the old website. seems like we have to reduce the size of them now.
Also it might have been mentioned already, but I really miss the "your recent threads" or smtg similar
"Prestige is like a powerful magnet that warps even your beliefs about what you enjoy. If you want to make ambitious people waste their time on errands, bait the hook with prestige." - Paul Graham
No Flag _Deebz_
Crossbow

Post by _Deebz_ »

For some reason I'm not able to retrieve back my old _DB_ account even with the password reset. It just doesn't accept my email and username and says that it's wrong.

No idea what can I do now....
Liking what you do is Freedom...
Doing what you like is Hapiness...
India Nymphomaniac
Dragoon

Post by Nymphomaniac »

_Deebz_ wrote:For some reason I'm not able to retrieve back my old _DB_ account even with the password reset. It just doesn't accept my email and username and says that it's wrong.

must be something with your username in old forum and the new one.
The new forum is taking your display name of old forum as your username in the new one.
So try username : _DB_
ESOC Business Team
Donator 06

Post by _H2O »

_Deebz_ wrote:For some reason I'm not able to retrieve back my old _DB_ account even with the password reset. It just doesn't accept my email and username and says that it's wrong.

PM me on eso-community.forums.net from that account. We can talk about it there. I then can change the email for your account to one that will work. My guess is that the email is what you have wrong
ESOC Business Team
Donator 06

Post by _H2O »

Nymphomaniac wrote:

must be something with your username in old forum and the new one.
The new forum is taking your display name of old forum as your username in the new one.
So try username : _DB_

This is also solid advice
No Flag _Deebz_
Crossbow

Post by _Deebz_ »

_H2O wrote:

PM me on eso-community.forums.net from that account. We can talk about it there. I then can change the email for your account to one that will work. My guess is that the email is what you have wrong

Alright.
Liking what you do is Freedom...
Doing what you like is Hapiness...