Old AgeSanct Recorded Games Format?

No Flag Filippos
Crossbow

Post by Filippos »

Yes, regarding recorded games' flow, this site is pretty much dead. And its really sad for people like me who come from rts-sanc titans site to see this. Eso-community site has very high traffic of users, yet zero recorded games. Make a rec section. "I can't" does not exist, only "i dont want" exists.
No Flag oneomega
Crossbow

Post by oneomega »

i'm too surprised to see very few recorded games. Aoe has a very big community and i expected atleast 100's of games if not 1000's. but, there are barely any recorded games. guys, please post recorded games.
Denmark crjensen4
Dragoon
Donator 07
ESO: crjensen4

Post by crjensen4 »

Uhm firstly this is still a site in its infancy so you have to give it some time. Secondly - have you visited the recorded games section? Quite a bit of rec games here. Thirdly check all the revs from the first tourney hosted on this site - plenty of high level recs to be found here. Lastly recs are more and more becoming a thing of the past. Go check the stream links for games played and go check the YouTube channels associated here. There is plenty to be found
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

crjensen4 wrote:Uhm firstly this is still a site in its infancy so you have to give it some time. Secondly - have you visited the recorded games section? Quite a bit of rec games here. Thirdly check all the revs from the first tourney hosted on this site - plenty of high level recs to be found here. Lastly recs are more and more becoming a thing of the past. Go check the stream links for games played and go check the YouTube channels associated here. There is plenty to be found
Basically this.
And it''s not the site''s fault if people aren''t posting recs. The thing is high level games aren''t even being recorded anymore, it''s all streams now. And some of us are high all the time and embarrassed about their own play :(
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

http://eso-community.net/board/20/aoe3-recorded-games

? what is posted there isn't enough? vods and replays are there, it's not in the same formatting as RTSS because these boards don't really have the capacity to do something as good as what they have' it can be improved but let's be real here, it's not like you can't already post replays. the core functionality is there: you can post replays and people can get those replays and comment the game. it could be fancier but it works fine and there are other things to look at

we have streams listed as well and the site is hosting tournaments.

no need to be so sad philipo, really. it's not like you're posting replays
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote:
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
United States of America _H2O
ESOC Business Team
Donator 06
ESO: _H2O

Post by _H2O »

We appreciate the feedback. As a group we would like to have that capability but it does take work to recreate it in our forum environment. We have been focusing on other things that create content such as donations to keep tournaments coming.

Also during the golden age of rts sanctuary we all experienced games on our own. We had to load up a recorded game watch it and then post about it. Thanks to twitch and our community we all get to share that excitement together via live streams, commentaries, and YouTube. All the recordings for those games are out there in the tournament section if you want to do more analysis.
No Flag Filippos
Crossbow

Post by Filippos »

crjensen: This is not a site in its infancy. It would be if it was running for less than a month, so time of existance is not an excuse. Secondly, the rec section its a total chaos where you can see threads like "help with my civ" and "soldier vs piroshiki" recs in the same section which is ridiculous. Also, when i see people claiming the vods to be of equivalent value with recs or even more useful, i facepalm. Recs are jewelry. You can analyse every movement of the player. You can not do that in a video. vods suck in many ways compared to recs. Vods are only helpful to people struggling to learn the very basics of the game (conscripts-privates) because the speaker narrates useful things. A 20+ pr player can only improve with recs.

goodspeed: it is the site's fault actually that people dont post recs, because there is no incentive to post recs. Firstly, the uploading could be fancier with upload mod in the like of rts. incog knows what im talking about. But more importantly, there are no separate skill level sections. There should be 3 sections, 20- pr (asking for help recs), 20+ pr (posting for ego) and expert 35+ pr (posting for ego + teaching purposes) sections. This all rec in a bag section is chaos.

incog: im a 19 pr noob why would i post my recs? The thing that frastrates me is the comparison of this site with rts sanc in terms of recorded games devotion.
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

No one is comparing this site with RTSS when it comes to recs, but we are living in a different time. There's not a lot to post when games aren't being recorded (or they are, but on twitch), it's as simple as that. Of course we would all like a rec system like the one on RTSS but we looked into it and it's not easy, especially considering the options proboards give us. Plus there are simply more pressing concerns right now, we are focusing on new events and bringing you more twitch content by promoting smackdowns. Keep in mind we're doing this in our free time, and most of us have full time jobs.

Anyway, the real issue here is people not recording games anymore. We've been without a community site for so long, and streaming is becoming so popular that people have lost the habit of recording their games. In FP times, I recorded every single game I played. Now my "Record game 1" is a game I played a month ago.
But I agree with you that people should be posting more recs.
Denmark crjensen4
Dragoon
Donator 07

Post by crjensen4 »

I never claimed that vods was the same as recs - I simply stated that this is what people do now.

But why come on here and be all mad at people when they are trying to help you out??? Don't just critize be constructive.

rest of post deleted I'm too old to flame a kid
No Flag bart331
Lancer
Donator 01

Post by bart331 »

Make something like rec of the week or rec of the month and attach a small money price to it !

That will get the recs coming in
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

whereas it might be possible, it's technically very, very difficult to get a replay system like agesanc's up and running here. this is partly due to the fact that eso-c is hosted by a third party site (proboards) and not entirely owned by a person or company (like RTSS was)

this means that we don't have unlimited options to do what we want on these forums. i understand what you mean filipos but it's a very technical problem what you're describing. i agree with you about the values of replays though and you do have a solid point.

i'm just saying that technically speaking it's very difficult to pull off and we don't have the resources to pull it off really. there is neuron who has been working on a work around which consists of having posts formatted for each user, it looked quite good, but it's still in the works

maybe, maybe down the line we can have an "expert" or "featured" replay section, where only certain members (high level players namely) can post replays. : ) that's actually kind of a neat idea
Garja wrote:
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
No Flag Filippos
Crossbow

Post by Filippos »

crjensen4 wrote:I never claimed that vods was the same as recs - I simply stated that this is what people do now.

But why come on here and be all mad at people when they are trying to help you out??? Don''t just critize be constructive.

rest of post deleted I''m too old to flame a kid
If you had read my post, you wouldnt post this crap, because it was a pretty constructive post. I suggested new structure of rec sections. Next time read fully the posts you want to judge. I also appreciate the work being done here by people who, as goodspeed mentioned, have full time jobs.??u upped the temper here, I didnt even flame anyone, until now fag.
France benj89
Howdah

Post by benj89 »

calmyourtits wrote:Keep in mind we''re doing this in our free time, and most of us have full time jobs.

People tend to forget that.
I enjoy recording games to tho and I don''t really want twitch to replace it (it''s just a different approach, I enjoy both, but If I want to look at a rec seriously and actually learn from it I would never chose twitch over an actual rec I can watch no my own
bart idea is brilliant, like there used to be on in rts which didnt really work (even if not sure abt the money thing)
"Prestige is like a powerful magnet that warps even your beliefs about what you enjoy. If you want to make ambitious people waste their time on errands, bait the hook with prestige." - Paul Graham
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

calmyourtits wrote:
crjensen4 wrote:Uhm firstly this is still a site in its infancy so you have to give it some time. Secondly - have you visited the recorded games section? Quite a bit of rec games here. Thirdly check all the revs from the first tourney hosted on this site - plenty of high level recs to be found here. Lastly recs are more and more becoming a thing of the past. Go check the stream links for games played and go check the YouTube channels associated here. There is plenty to be found
Basically this.
And its not the sites fault if people arent posting recs. The thing is high level games arent even being recorded anymore, its all streams now. And some of us are high all the time and embarrassed about their own play :(

btw this means i cant ego? post my vod of me beating you, right? :D
Garja wrote:
Denmark crjensen4
Dragoon
Donator 07

Post by crjensen4 »

filippos wrote:
crjensen4 wrote:
??u upped the temper here, I didnt even flame anyone, until now fag.
Denmark crjensen4
Dragoon
Donator 07

Post by crjensen4 »

You know Filippos, I actually did go back and re-read your posts, and actually did come to the conclusion that I was too hasty in my comments. I was actually also going to write that I agreed with you to some extend, and was actually going to apologies for my hastiness. But when people result to using derogatory language, then I really lose interest in them, and honestly they don't deserve my time an effort. You could have chosen a different route in demonstrating I was wrong from a positive angle, but didn't. Think about the fact that something in what you wrote made it come across to me as negative and thus triggered my reaction. Online communication is difficult, and a lesson could be learned from this.
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Post by zoom »

In my experience your main obstacle is the unwillingness of nerds to actually record their games. It's inexplicable and a pity.
United States of America SoldieR
Pro Player
ESO: SoldieR

Post by SoldieR »

Reason I don't post recs is simple.

There is no download count, and people don't post much in the rec topics so I feel like only a handful of people watch
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

Ah download count hmm

going to bump this for discussion since new possibilities might arise

i watch your games soldier q_q
Garja wrote:
No Flag Filippos
Crossbow

Post by Filippos »

incog wrote:Ah download count hmm

going to bump this for discussion since new possibilities might arise

i watch your games soldier q_q
who doesnt :P

The download count is definately a missing feature which would encourage people to post their recs.
No Flag CruOzer
Musketeer

Post by CruOzer »

Ill be a gravedigger because I recently thought about this :D
Maybe a blue print (with some html-coding or sth like that) posted in the Guide to replays will bring some structure into the section aswell. So that people just fill the names, civs, winner, map and maybe pr into it and below they attach the replay and write some comments.
Just an ugly example:

[table width="398"][tbody][tr][td][color=1930e6]Team 1:[span][/span][/color][/td][td]vs[span] [/span][/td][td][color=e61948]Team 2:
[/color][/td][/tr][tr][td][color=1930e6]CruOzer(France)[color=e61948]Elothis (Britain) [color=1930e6][span][/span][span][/span][/color][color=1930e6]
[/color][/td][td]
[/td][td][color=1930e6]
[/color]
Germany lordraphael
Pro Player
EWTNWC LAN SilverAdvanced Division WinnerDonator 01

Post by lordraphael »

yes in the end its all about how much downloads u can get. If u post a game and u know u are not going to get more than 15 downloads the incentive to post games is very low . And as gs said lots of people dont really rec games anymore or dont recorded them on purpose etc.
breeze wrote: they cant even guess how much f***ing piece of stupid retarded they look they are trying to give lesson to people who are over pr35 and know the best mu. im pretty sure that we need a page that only pr30+ post and then we could have a nice discussins.
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Post by zoom »

calmyourtits wrote:
Basically this.
And its not the sites fault if people arent posting recs. The thing is high level games arent even being recorded anymore, its all streams now. And some of us are high all the time and embarrassed about their own play :(
Its the nerds fault for not recording games, and not posting them when they do.