Abus Gun Design

Vietnam duckzilla
Jaeger

Re: Abus Gun Design

Post by duckzilla »

aqwer wrote:
duckzilla wrote:lol, abus guns with aoe.
Just a quick comparison to horse artillery. Abus guns cost 150 res/2 pop, horse artillery cost 600 res/6 pop. Depending on pop space, you can afford 3-4 abus guns instead of one horse artillery.
Imp. Abus guns (no cards): 50f/100c, 2pop, 260hp, 20%RR, 80dmg, 3.5 rof, 1 aoe
Imp. Horse art (no cards): 100w/500c, 6pop, 350hp, 75%RR, 219dmg, 4.0 rof, 3 aoe
Horse art has 26 range and 6.5 speed, no way 4 abus gun are better than 1 horse art (same res) lol
I posted the comparison just to have some numbers. I think one should test the effect of this change. On paper, it does not look like it overpowers abus guns compared to horse art. However, one can only see the real effect in-game. I could imagine that their performance against other infantry is significantly increased, since the current problem of overkill is somewhat alleviated. No idea how much better they would perform against cavalry with this change.
Whatever is written above: this is no financial advice.

Beati pauperes spiritu.
Norway aqwer
Dragoon

Post by aqwer »

duckzilla wrote:
aqwer wrote:
duckzilla wrote:lol, abus guns with aoe.
Just a quick comparison to horse artillery. Abus guns cost 150 res/2 pop, horse artillery cost 600 res/6 pop. Depending on pop space, you can afford 3-4 abus guns instead of one horse artillery.
Imp. Abus guns (no cards): 50f/100c, 2pop, 260hp, 20%RR, 80dmg, 3.5 rof, 1 aoe
Imp. Horse art (no cards): 100w/500c, 6pop, 350hp, 75%RR, 219dmg, 4.0 rof, 3 aoe
Horse art has 26 range and 6.5 speed, no way 4 abus gun are better than 1 horse art (same res) lol
I posted the comparison just to have some numbers. I think one should test the effect of this change. On paper, it does not look like it overpowers abus guns compared to horse art. However, one can only see the real effect in-game. I could imagine that their performance against other infantry is significantly increased, since the current problem of overkill is somewhat alleviated. No idea how much better they would perform against cavalry with this change.
You are right, it does not overpower abus gun. And it is only helps to reduce overkill a bit, nothing more but only in team games. As @dansil92 has suggested, AoE can be pinned to imperial upgrade. It will make a nice smooth design flow. Should be tested imo.
#trainableSpahi
Vietnam duckzilla
Jaeger

Post by duckzilla »

aqwer wrote:
duckzilla wrote:
Show hidden quotes
You are right, it does not overpower abus gun. And it is only helps to reduce overkill a bit, nothing more but only in team games. As @dansil92 has suggested, AoE can be pinned to imperial upgrade. It will make a nice smooth design flow. Should be tested imo.
I never said that. I said that, on paper, it does not look like it overpowers abus guns. It requires actual testing as you say.
I share your view that it would be a nice change and fit to the original design idea of the developers, given that it is not overpowered.

Its performance should be tested against groups (~25 units) of low hp cav units (Uhlans/Sowars), skirmisher types (Cassadores/Streltsy) and maybe other artillery.
Whatever is written above: this is no financial advice.

Beati pauperes spiritu.
Norway aqwer
Dragoon

Post by aqwer »

duckzilla wrote:
aqwer wrote:
Show hidden quotes
I never said that. I said that, on paper, it does not look like it overpowers abus guns. It requires actual testing as you say.
I share your view that it would be a nice change and fit to the original design idea of the developers, given that it is not overpowered.

Its performance should be tested against groups (~25 units) of low hp cav units (Uhlans/Sowars), skirmisher types (Cassadores/Streltsy) and maybe other artillery.
Testing makes sense, maybe include it in next beta patch and get community feedback.
#trainableSpahi
Argentina Jotunir
Howdah

Post by Jotunir »

With proper testing, it seems like an interesting change.