Spanish Discussion Thread

France chronique
Advanced Player
ESO: poissondu44

Re: Spanish Discussion Thread

Post by chronique »

Riotcoke wrote:Spainsh skirms with unction are actually insane, so why would spain need more buffs to their unit stats?
fp full card + wc is still better than skirm unction ahah.
Great Britain Riotcoke
Retired Contributor
ECL Reigning ChampsDonator 01
ESO: Riotcoke
Clan: UwU

Post by Riotcoke »

chronique wrote:
Riotcoke wrote:Spainsh skirms with unction are actually insane, so why would spain need more buffs to their unit stats?
fp full card + wc is still better than skirm unction ahah.
That's 3x cards though and 25 vills dancing

twitch.tv/stangoesdeepTV
France chronique
Advanced Player

Post by chronique »

Na lol without dancing
Canada dansil92
Retired Contributor
ESO: dansil92

Post by dansil92 »

Fp max at 47 attack with all dancers, unction skirms are 60+ no?
France chronique
Advanced Player

Post by chronique »

dansil92 wrote:Fp max at 47 attack with all dancers, unction skirms are 60+ no?
Idk, i am talking about age 3 ^^. fp full upg wc have less atta but more hp. But age 5 yea, unction apply on current stat and not base.
Vietnam duckzilla
Jaeger

Post by duckzilla »

dansil92 wrote:Fp max at 47 attack with all dancers, unction skirms are 60+ no?
Unction buffs dmg by ~62%. Since spanish skirms have ~32dmg in late-game, the max should be around 52dmg.
Whatever is written above: this is no financial advice.

Beati pauperes spiritu.
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

unction'd skirms are 52, fp are 46 or smth with all dancers
Vietnam duckzilla
Jaeger

Post by duckzilla »

That's an obvious advantage for Spain, considering the cost in vill seconds.

Beati pauperes spiritu.
Germany Rohbrot
Howdah
ECL Reigning Champs
ESO: Rohbrot

Post by Rohbrot »

And again, where we do see in a Tourney Game that a spainish player can get away with unction?
Spain pain train is real
Great Britain chris1089
Retired Contributor
ESO: chris1089

Post by chris1089 »

It cost so much to ship the card and make the missionaries that the game would either have to be won or be late game
Australia Kawapasaka
ESOC Pro Team

Post by Kawapasaka »

Rohbrot wrote:And again, where we do see in a Tourney Game that a spainish player can get away with unction?
I remember one

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/547828095?t=01h41m18s
Germany Rohbrot
Howdah
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by Rohbrot »

Kawapasaka wrote:
Rohbrot wrote:And again, where we do see in a Tourney Game that a spainish player can get away with unction?
I remember one

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/547828095?t=01h41m18s
Yeah, good example of how you can lose a Fav MU as brits when spain plays colonial. Turk Had so much time cuz brits did wrong. :huh: but good Match of turk He did The best at this map :smile:
Spain pain train is real
Argentina Jets
Dragoon
ESO: SsJetstream
Clan: FPL

Post by Jets »

Spanish Gold as a gold trickle card, being sent in age 2 to fulfill the gaps on spain eco against other civs, more settlers on food/wood rather than gold.

This is based on that campaign scenario where the galleons would give gold since they were spanish
Great Britain Black_Duck
Dragoon
ESO: Tom
Clan: DUKC

Post by Black_Duck »

Spanish gold is already serves the purpose of fulfilling the eco gap. Its like 10+ vills for a few minutes.
Challenged_Macro wrote: Respect Mussolini guys,if hes triggered there is always a reason.
Mussolini wrote: I hope corona gets you, your family and all your fuckin relatives as you fuckin deserve it for being cocky
Argentina Jets
Dragoon

Post by Jets »

Black_Duck wrote:Spanish gold is already serves the purpose of fulfilling the eco gap. Its like 10+ vills for a few minutes.
But after loosing the invested gold on troops/mercs/techs, you end up with a semi-decent amount of settlers that can't keep up with the pacing of the late game.

What about changing some Mercenaries shipments to Conquistadors? I hate not to see that nat unit in my troops, since British get highlanders, germans get more mercs from their land(jaegers, black riders), it's quite frustating not to have your own historical troops on your civ. Maybe as a church card, or an Age 3 shipment, replacing the Elmeti card with 7 Conquistadors.

Corselet tech (from the special church card): Shouldn't Lancers get that buff too? Since they wear a huge breastplate on their model. It would be a dangerous tech to research since it decreases the heavy inf speed by 15%. That would make a play based around lancers and light inf. That would be a whole new aspect for the civ playstyle.

Tercio Tactis: Turns all Pikemen into Musketeers. That's the only scenario I see that card being useful. Or buff pykes/rods significantly.

Pykemen with a base 2/3/4 range on their melee attack.

sorry if I keep spaming this request, It would be the last time, I just found Spain being not unique... And I quote the WoL site on this:
"Can't quite shine. Even when they are strong overall, for whatever your opponent's civilization is good at, he is better at it than you."
And I watch every match in the tournament, it's always the same decks, maybe some water play/unction card or maybe shipping rods buff cards, but aside from that, nothing ever changes, no church, no mercs, no tercios. I just see spain with tecnically, worser cards than the rest of the civs, which is ironic, since it's a civ with a bonus based on xp and shipments.
e.g., Cav Combat doesn't affect goons.
Vietnam duckzilla
Jaeger

Post by duckzilla »

I would love seeing more techs/cards being viable. Corselet is one of them. A speed nerf to heavy infantry for a buff whose value severely declines over time is just bad. Firstly, heavy infantry is generally highly dependent on its speed, since the units are already slower than what they are supposed to counter. Secondly, the speed nerf makes it difficult to escape their own counter units. Thirdly, the HP buff neither significantly improves HI's ability to counter cav nor its survivability against ranged infantry. Finally, with every new upgrade, the value of the HP buff decreased while the speed nerf stays nearly identical. A fully upped Rod without Corselet has 337.5 HP. Corselet adds exactly 10% to its final HP stats.

In my opinion, the game design surrounding additive multipliers used for unit upgrades is not well-suited to make cards like Corselet viable. It would be better if cards like this affect unit stats that are not subject to change over time, which would keep their benefit constant.

Corselet could boost melee + range armor by 20% each for melee infantry. It would mean that a unit has two armor types at the same time. This is at least consistent with the cover mode, which halves melee inf speed and gives it an invisible range resistance of 50%.

Beati pauperes spiritu.
Great Britain Black_Duck
Dragoon
ESO: Tom
Clan: DUKC

Post by Black_Duck »

Jets wrote:
Black_Duck wrote:Spanish gold is already serves the purpose of fulfilling the eco gap. Its like 10+ vills for a few minutes.
But after loosing the invested gold on troops/mercs/techs, you end up with a semi-decent amount of settlers that can't keep up with the pacing of the late game.

What about changing some Mercenaries shipments to Conquistadors? I hate not to see that nat unit in my troops, since British get highlanders, germans get more mercs from their land(jaegers, black riders), it's quite frustating not to have your own historical troops on your civ. Maybe as a church card, or an Age 3 shipment, replacing the Elmeti card with 7 Conquistadors.

Corselet tech (from the special church card): Shouldn't Lancers get that buff too? Since they wear a huge breastplate on their model. It would be a dangerous tech to research since it decreases the heavy inf speed by 15%. That would make a play based around lancers and light inf. That would be a whole new aspect for the civ playstyle.

Tercio Tactis: Turns all Pikemen into Musketeers. That's the only scenario I see that card being useful. Or buff pykes/rods significantly.

Pykemen with a base 2/3/4 range on their melee attack.

sorry if I keep spaming this request, It would be the last time, I just found Spain being not unique... And I quote the WoL site on this:
"Can't quite shine. Even when they are strong overall, for whatever your opponent's civilization is good at, he is better at it than you."
And I watch every match in the tournament, it's always the same decks, maybe some water play/unction card or maybe shipping rods buff cards, but aside from that, nothing ever changes, no church, no mercs, no tercios. I just see spain with tecnically, worser cards than the rest of the civs, which is ironic, since it's a civ with a bonus based on xp and shipments.
e.g., Cav Combat doesn't affect goons.
Do you normally play on re or ep? I think if you played on ep you'd see that spain are a strong civ. If you waste the gold you get from spanish gold, then you deserve to lose because youve fought badly. You can get a really big eco with a stagecoach and spanish gold for example. Also, not every civ is meant to be able to compete with each other late game in the way that you perhaps expect. In terms of historical troops, I'm a bit confused with what you are saying, Spain do have rods and lancers which are unique to the civ. In terms of lancers and light inf thats already a playstyle and Lancers can get quadruple carded so there really is no need for another upgrade. Rods are already good and dont need buffing. Pikemen serve the purpose they are meant to serve.
Challenged_Macro wrote: Respect Mussolini guys,if hes triggered there is always a reason.
Mussolini wrote: I hope corona gets you, your family and all your fuckin relatives as you fuckin deserve it for being cocky
Germany Rohbrot
Howdah
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by Rohbrot »

]Spain has really many viable strats u can do so much things, imo use nats more or use merc more if u want to play so i did this quite often in the past its fun with unction :P
Spain pain train is real
France chronique
Advanced Player

Post by chronique »

Spain is more unique than france, why so many peaple want change my spain?? Unction is nice, caba is not usless and spanish gold is the most successfull change in term of civ design, game play and historical accurracy. Idk the guy who did that but he is the reason why i am here and play 100% spain now.
France Guigs
Tournament Admin
ESO: Guigs

Post by Guigs »

chronique wrote:Spain is more unique than france, why so many peaple want change my spain?? Unction is nice, caba is not usless and spanish gold is the most successfull change in term of civ design, game play and historical accurracy. Idk the guy who did that but he is the reason why i am here and play 100% spain now.
? No one wanna change spain, check beta there's no changes planned
France chronique
Advanced Player

Re:

Post by chronique »

Lecastete wrote: ? No one wanna change spain, check beta there's no changes planned
I come here and see 2 thread about spain, that's why ^^
Germany Rohbrot
Howdah
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by Rohbrot »

@chronique, thats cuz spain is the most loved civ in our community. :love:
Spain pain train is real
Great Britain chris1089
Retired Contributor
ESO: chris1089

Post by chris1089 »

*Japan
Germany Rohbrot
Howdah
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by Rohbrot »

Japan has 1 active thread atm :)
Spain pain train is real
Argentina Jets
Dragoon

Post by Jets »

Black_Duck wrote: Do you normally play on re or ep? I think if you played on ep you'd see that spain are a strong civ. If you waste the gold you get from spanish gold, then you deserve to lose because youve fought badly. You can get a really big eco with a stagecoach and spanish gold for example. Also, not every civ is meant to be able to compete with each other late game in the way that you perhaps expect. In terms of historical troops, I'm a bit confused with what you are saying, Spain do have rods and lancers which are unique to the civ. In terms of lancers and light inf thats already a playstyle and Lancers can get quadruple carded so there really is no need for another upgrade. Rods are already good and dont need buffing. Pikemen serve the purpose they are meant to serve.
The only concern I have is the lack of use in spain unique cards. As you reflavored Spanish gold, maybe give the other techs the same treatment(Tercios).

Atm I'm exploring spain colonial potential in EP, aging with 400food or 2 settlers while chopping wood with 8-9 vills can get you a market, a barracks and 5 xbows at 5-6 min. While aging I send Capitalism card to fulfill the gold early gold techs, then 700W, then 5 vills, 4 vills, military cards, and right-click the enemy base. I'm looking forward to use the spain church card, but the corselet is double edge sword, since the speed debuff. Other than that, corselet should definitely buff Lancers, it's pure logic: metal armored lancer --- metal armor tech. This way you wouldn't rely on pykes,musks or rods anymore on age3 and 4, just cav and skirms-goons heavily, this is a countereable strategy, and a difficult one to pull off. I genuinely see it viable, as a less infantry spain, but a cav relying one.