Pull" Trick" discussion

Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Re: Pull" Trick" discussion

Post by gibson »

Kaiserklein wrote:I was basically just pointing out that you can retask your caravel when this obvious bug happens. That sounds fair to me.

Comparing this to pull trick is ridiculous since it's literally just the way the game handles formations. Everyone pull tricks, whether it's intended or not. Yeah you can argue that it's akward design, or that it's OP, etc, but you can't compare it to that bug since it's not a bug. Especially as the bug happens randomly and requires no action, while pull trick is a consistent mechanic that requires extra apm.

I'm not really gonna answer to anything else because we've had this argument 100 times already and it's pointless. It's technically impossible to change the way this works anyway.
The caravel thing is the exact same, the lock on mechanic is obviously intended, just in this specific case the original devs probably didnt think about 100 range caravels, just like they didnt think about 8 speed or w.e. cannons.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

No. The lock mechanic works only for one shot, and while the unit is in LOS too. For caravels it can work infinitely and don't even need LOS sometimes. Not comparable. It's an obvious bug
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

yeah, lock mechanic can't be called as a bug abuse, if a 9 speed falconet is not considered to be a bug, then a caravel with 50 range shouldn't be a deal aswell, ah also btw I wasn't intentionally doing that, i was just confused how the caravel kept shotting that much further distance but that's not the topic anyway
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

You just conveniently ignored the points made in this thread to just type "9 speed falcs boo".
Also they go to like 6 speed but everyone likes to exaggerate I guess
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

Kaiserklein wrote:No. The lock mechanic works only for one shot, and while the unit is in LOS too. For caravels it can work infinitely and don't even need LOS sometimes. Not comparable. It's an obvious bug
Except as already explained the broadside attack is considered "1 shot" so its not a bug. The thing thats shitty about it is the ship firing rng, but thats a completely different discussion.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Yeah, this is a game mechanic, everyone here is exaggerating.
https://www.twitch.tv/esoctv/clip/Hungr ... &sort=time
Denmark voigt1240
Lancer
ESO: voigt

Post by voigt1240 »

Damn those swedes are fast
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

gibson wrote:
Kaiserklein wrote:No. The lock mechanic works only for one shot, and while the unit is in LOS too. For caravels it can work infinitely and don't even need LOS sometimes. Not comparable. It's an obvious bug
Except as already explained the broadside attack is considered "1 shot" so its not a bug. The thing thats shitty about it is the ship firing rng, but thats a completely different discussion.
Eaglemut said on the previous page that it's a bug. I tend to trust him in that kind of matter.
deleted_user wrote:Yeah, this is a game mechanic, everyone here is exaggerating.
Again ignoring the point. They're not 9 speed at all, and like 3 people already said that, so yes it's the definition of exaggeration.

I'm not even saying that pull trick is balanced or healthy lol. It should be nerfed but that's not doable. So what are we trying to discuss here?
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05
ESO: EAGLEMUT
Clan: WPact

Post by EAGLEMUT »

gibson wrote:
Except as already explained the broadside attack is considered "1 shot" so its not a bug.
Well, I would say precisely that is the bug. It's obviously not supposed to count as one shot and lock indefinitely across the whole map. If it weren't bugged, each random shot would be able to break the target lock.

Anyway, I don't think we can solve this technically nor with rulings. Best we can hope for is DE removing RNG attacks entirely, but idk whether that will happen.
momuuu wrote: theres no way eaglemut is truly a top player
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

Would be great if DE could have fixed the whole formations mechanics so you wouldn't be able to pull units that fast (pulling from 4 to 5 speed would be fine for example). Also if they fixed pathing and all. But that's definitely not going to happen
Finland somp
Dragoon

Post by somp »

Actually I think this also can be used as a "skill move" for example with a stealth native at the coast. Surely, if it can't be fixed it remains allowed, I'm just saying it's not morally "scum-bag move". Pull trick was surely unintended to be used like it is, I can't see why it makes a difference that other one is a bug.
Or building pillars near water.
Turkey HUMMAN
Lancer
ESO: HUMMAN

Post by HUMMAN »

deleted_user wrote:Yeah, this is a game mechanic, everyone here is exaggerating.
this was a great moment i thought everybody liked it.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

this thread is old
Image Image Image
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

Kaiserklein wrote:
gibson wrote:
Eaglemut said on the previous page that it's a bug. I tend to trust him in that kind of matter.
Again ignoring the point. They're not 9 speed at all, and like 3 people already said that, so yes it's the definition of exaggeration.

I'm not even saying that pull trick is balanced or healthy lol. It should be nerfed but that's not doable. So what are we trying to discuss here?
Ah got you I misunderstood
Brazil macacoalbino
Howdah
ESO: MacacoAlbino
Clan: 3Huss

Post by macacoalbino »

Can someone explain what is this caravel range bug? Is there a clip somewhere?

United States of America Papist
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Papist

Post by Papist »

macacoalbino wrote:Can someone explain what is this caravel range bug? Is there a clip somewhere?
When a caravel locks onto a target, it will sometimes keep shooting as long as it remains within its line of sight, even if the target is outside of its range.
The function of man is to live, not to exist.
Brazil macacoalbino
Howdah

Post by macacoalbino »

Papist wrote:
macacoalbino wrote:Can someone explain what is this caravel range bug? Is there a clip somewhere?
When a caravel locks onto a target, it will sometimes keep shooting as long as it remains within its line of sight, even if the target is outside of its range.
Thanks bro

France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

Actually sometimes does it even without LOS too, which is even worse
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

how does it work without los? with los it's just how the game works for any projectile
Image Image Image
Brazil macacoalbino
Howdah

Post by macacoalbino »

What I got from context is that it's random, can someone confirm that?

France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

macacoalbino wrote:What I got from context is that it's random, can someone confirm that?
Yes, at least I never saw any reason why this bug started happening
Garja wrote:how does it work without los? with los it's just how the game works for any projectile
It's not how the game works even with los, since like we said it does it until the target dies, while usually locking fire is only a one time thing.
Idk why it works without los though. I just know I've lost a warship even though I ran it to the other side of Caribbean when I was new to the game. Had to be out of LOS unless the guy was maphacking I guess. I think I've seen it happen again since
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05
ESO: EAGLEMUT
Clan: WPact

Post by EAGLEMUT »

Kaiserklein wrote:
macacoalbino wrote:What I got from context is that it's random, can someone confirm that?
Yes, at least I never saw any reason why this bug started happening
Garja wrote:how does it work without los? with los it's just how the game works for any projectile
It's not how the game works even with los, since like we said it does it until the target dies, while usually locking fire is only a one time thing.
Idk why it works without los though. I just know I've lost a warship even though I ran it to the other side of Caribbean when I was new to the game. Had to be out of LOS unless the guy was maphacking I guess. I think I've seen it happen again since
I would actually attribute that to spyglass maphacking. LoS should be necessary.
momuuu wrote: theres no way eaglemut is truly a top player
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

Moesbar didn't exist back then, so I don't think that was a thing, especially on nilla
United States of America n0el
ESOC Business Team
ESO: jezabob
Clan: 팀 하우스

Post by n0el »

It was a thing
mad cuz bad
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

People used the moesbar maphack on nilla in 2013? You sure about that?
I know there was the maphack/OOS software, I just don't think it would actually give LOS to your units