Map Idea

European Union Scroogie
Lancer
ESO: Scroogie
GameRanger ID: 10056919

Map Idea

Post by Scroogie »

Ive been thinking about the map meta and how tp-maps and tp civs are rampant. Maybe a map that works like silk road can be more balanced for all civs. I dont have the ability to make a map myself, but if i had, i would go kinda like this:

Have a TP-route across the map with 6 TPs. All of them are guarded by treasure guardians, stagecoach is already researched, so these tps are extra beefy. Good hunts and mines, kinda like Hudson Bay or Kamchatka and maybe some water. Also some (useful) nats (Cree, Cherokee, Comanche), maybe 2 each for of all of these 3. The nat-TPs and normal TPs would be arranged in a kinda X- formation on the map. Also some beefy treasures along the nat-TP "line" (rax/stable wagon, 300w, 400c, 500f, 5% unit hitpoints or attack, stuff like that). This would make map control and army presence very important. To not make agressive contain civs like Aztecs and Russia too strong, the map would be rather big with decent res besides and behind the base. Also the treasure guardians could shadow-tech once one player reaches a new age, to encourage techy playstyles.

In my mind this would seem like a fun and interesting map to play, giving many strategic choices, between trying to go for the tp line, booming, going ff, securing strong treasures or getting the strong native techs. Also the control of the TP line would be alot more fast and dynamic. But probably, i missed something big and one strat could cheese the hell out of this map. What do you guys think?
Me being slightly ahead vs H2O: Image
Holy See Imperial Noob
Lancer

Re: Map Idea

Post by Imperial Noob »

Sounds a bit like the Lost maps, which are ez for France (easy survival until gendarmes), Japan (shrines everywhere), and Russia (opris everywhere)
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Re: Map Idea

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

SR is not balanced on the RE, and it won't be on the EP either.
It's still a no TP map, and it favours heavily the agressive civs, so Russia/India/Aztecs will dominate, regardless of the size of the map/amount of hunts.

Booming wouldn't work because of the big treasures/TP line (if you can get a rax or 300 res treasures with 5 coss you will get a huge advantage), and ffing won't be a thing because no TPs. In fact, it will probably be even more one dimensional than the std TP maps, where brit/Japan/Dutch/China are viable.