20%

Total votes: 80

United States of America giveuanxiety
Advanced Player
Donator 02
ESO: GiveUAnxiety

Will DE be more fun then TAD?

Post by giveuanxiety »

What are your thoughts? It will ofc increase the size of the community. However that doesnt necessarily mean it will be a good game or better than what were currently playing. With that said I do have pretty high hopes for it tho. What are your thoughts?
Lasol wrote: :hmm: just Saw a YouTube video with giveyouanexiaty. He Said check youre stove, if you Want to improve youre aoe3 skills.

WHAT does check your stove means? And how do you do it?
Great Britain Riotcoke
Retired Contributor
ECL Reigning ChampsDonator 01
ESO: Riotcoke
Clan: UwU

Re: Will DE be more fun then TAD?

Post by Riotcoke »

It might decrease the size of the current community, I.e a lot of people play on rather low spec pcs and DE is apparently very hard to run, which might dilute the fun for some people who are used to the TAD community.

twitch.tv/stangoesdeepTV
United States of America giveuanxiety
Advanced Player
Donator 02
ESO: GiveUAnxiety

Post by giveuanxiety »

I could see DE being a little more demaning but I dont think it would be drastically more demanding on pc's. If people are saying that they may be saying that towards how DE might be in beta. But all games in alpha/betas are hard on pc's and they work on making it easier so that by release it isnt too hard on pc's.
Lasol wrote: :hmm: just Saw a YouTube video with giveyouanexiaty. He Said check youre stove, if you Want to improve youre aoe3 skills.

WHAT does check your stove means? And how do you do it?
Japan yuunii
Crossbow
ESO: yuunii

Post by yuunii »

more civs. more balanced.
It must be fun.
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05
ESO: EAGLEMUT
Clan: WPact

Post by EAGLEMUT »

giveuanxiety wrote:I could see DE being a little more demaning but I dont think it would be drastically more demanding on pc's. If people are saying that they may be saying that towards how DE might be in beta. But all games in alpha/betas are hard on pc's and they work on making it easier so that by release it isnt too hard on pc's.
Yeah, current AoE3 already runs like shit on most specs tbh; it's basically optimized for hardware that doesn't exist anymore, and it was never really optimized well in the first place. The DE might even run a bit better once they update all the backend stuff and fix bugs.
Judging performance based on rumors leaked off a closed beta from half a year ago would be quite stupid.
momuuu wrote: theres no way eaglemut is truly a top player
India TNT333
Lancer
ESO: TNT333

Post by TNT333 »

Piroshiki will be the last TAD player
"We are kings or pawns" Napoleon Bonaparte
Great Britain Riotcoke
Retired Contributor
ECL Reigning ChampsDonator 01
ESO: Riotcoke
Clan: UwU

Post by Riotcoke »

giveuanxiety wrote:I could see DE being a little more demaning but I dont think it would be drastically more demanding on pc's. If people are saying that they may be saying that towards how DE might be in beta. But all games in alpha/betas are hard on pc's and they work on making it easier so that by release it isnt too hard on pc's.
Ye just going off aoe2DE which i believe is quite taxing, although i assume 3 will run on a more modern engine so yea could be easier on hardware.

twitch.tv/stangoesdeepTV
Germany Rohbrot
Howdah
ECL Reigning Champs
ESO: Rohbrot

Post by Rohbrot »

If microsoft has worked on DE like they did on Aoe2DE i have hope that it will have better graphics, civs, smoother and easier gameplay (no lag cuz of pc or net and a system where the lagger dropps and when ftj is solved) i will see a new and modern game when playing.
Spain pain train is real
Brazil look
Howdah
ESO: LoOk_tOm

Post by look »

The sistem of ranks? Wil be the same? Pr elo
Or new?
Kaiser sucks
Garja Noob
grunt the best
Kickass God
BSOP OP
Germany Rohbrot
Howdah
ECL Reigning Champs
ESO: Rohbrot

Post by Rohbrot »

look wrote:The sistem of ranks? Wil be the same? Pr elo
Or new?
I meant system of dropping/Oos that these things wont be any problem anymore.No clue about rank but i would like to play on Qs again with DE release.
Spain pain train is real
Brazil lemmings121
Jaeger
ESO: lemmings121

Post by lemmings121 »

Rohbrot wrote:
look wrote:The sistem of ranks? Wil be the same? Pr elo
Or new?
I meant system of dropping/Oos that these things wont be any problem anymore.No clue about rank but i would like to play on Qs again with DE release.
I like the aoe2de aproach to qs. In aoe2 they know some civs are just better in some maps and dont try to deny that. So in their qs, you first get the random map, and only after that you pick your civ.
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Post by fightinfrenchman »

EAGLEMUT wrote: Judging performance based on rumors leaked off a closed beta from half a year ago would be quite stupid.
Someone should give us new rumors then :hmm:
Dromedary Scone Mix is not Alone Mix
No Flag skandertayebi
Crossbow
ESO: skandertayebi

Post by skandertayebi »

Just looking forward to having more active players, a well working qs (also for team) would help a lot too. Also less cheaters and an active support would be a nice bonus. Considering gameplay I expect it to be worse than TAD if they take EP as basis for the changes. Meta would evolve to having mainly stubborn 1v1 nerds playing nr10 semi ff only inf. Having a good diversity of civs and their playstyle was the reason I prefered aoe3 over aoe2. I think there are way too many changes made by EP. For fixing balance while staying close to the originial game design it would have been better to just make a few real necessary changes. Nowadays everything is considerd op after someone wins 3 games in a row with it on a livestream and it gets nerfed instantly because people can't handle a decent strat.
Canada dansil92
Retired Contributor
ESO: dansil92

Post by dansil92 »

skandertayebi wrote:Nowadays everything is considerd op after someone wins 3 games in a row with it on a livestream and it gets nerfed instantly because people can't handle a decent strat.
+1
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Looking forward to ESOC's first big tourney after DE. ESOC should really ramp up production for that -- probably going to be lots of new viewers checking out DE.
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05
ESO: EAGLEMUT
Clan: WPact

Post by EAGLEMUT »

skandertayebi wrote:Considering gameplay I expect it to be worse than TAD if they take EP as basis for the changes. Meta would evolve to having mainly stubborn 1v1 nerds playing nr10 semi ff only inf.
Just skimmed through finals of the latest tournament. Across a BO7 series, there was one instance of a player doing some sort of semi-ff (g3), and that player lost the match. In all of the matches, significant fights were happening before the 10 min mark.
momuuu wrote: theres no way eaglemut is truly a top player
No Flag JaguarProwlerKnoob
Musketeer
ESO: JaimePasTaFace

Post by JaguarProwlerKnoob »

Get rekt noobs!
United States of America Squamiger
Howdah
ESO: Squamiger

Post by Squamiger »

It won’t because you won’t ever be 13 years old again, opening up TAD for the first time after school on the family computer, your mom in the kitchen fixing you a snack. It’s friday, you have no homework for the weekend, and your friends are coming over to see your new game. The girl you like has added you on AIM. Your parents haven’t divorced yet. You have no worries about your debt or your rent or the dental work that you can’t afford and are putting off. College or a job seems miles away. Your future potential still seems limitless and unforeclosed
No Flag JaguarProwlerKnoob
Musketeer
ESO: JaimePasTaFace

Post by JaguarProwlerKnoob »

Squamiger wrote:It won’t because you won’t ever be 13 years old again, opening up TAD for the first time after school on the family computer, your mom in the kitchen fixing you a snack. It’s friday, you have no homework for the weekend, and your friends are coming over to see your new game. The girl you like has added you on AIM. Your parents haven’t divorced yet. You have no worries about your debt or your rent or the dental work that you can’t afford and are putting off. College or a job seems miles away. Your future potential still seems limitless and unforeclosed
Fuck that took a turn
Canada dansil92
Retired Contributor
ESO: dansil92

Post by dansil92 »

Squamiger wrote:It won’t because you won’t ever be 13 years old again, opening up TAD for the first time after school on the family computer, your mom in the kitchen fixing you a snack. It’s friday, you have no homework for the weekend, and your friends are coming over to see your new game. The girl you like has added you on AIM. Your parents haven’t divorced yet. You have no worries about your debt or your rent or the dental work that you can’t afford and are putting off. College or a job seems miles away. Your future potential still seems limitless and unforeclosed
Oof
Australia wardyb1
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: wardyb1

Post by wardyb1 »

“To love the journey is to accept no such end. I have found, through painful experience, that the most important step a person can take is always the next one.”
No Flag Astaroth
Howdah

Post by Astaroth »

EAGLEMUT wrote:
skandertayebi wrote:Considering gameplay I expect it to be worse than TAD if they take EP as basis for the changes. Meta would evolve to having mainly stubborn 1v1 nerds playing nr10 semi ff only inf.
Just skimmed through finals of the latest tournament. Across a BO7 series, there was one instance of a player doing some sort of semi-ff (g3), and that player lost the match. In all of the matches, significant fights were happening before the 10 min mark.
To be fair, Opti is known as an unconventional player and Mitoe doesn't play the most standard, either, often doing age2 timing pushes. Also, playing really greedily without units in age2 is kinda risky in a hidden tourney where you don't know if your opponent isn't a crazy player like Aiz, Opti or an aggro lover like Prince.

I cba to do an in-depth analysis of other tourneys, but I'm pretty sure there have been plenty of tournament games of both players just doing an almost straight FF, with maybe 5 pikes sieging a shrine or 10 musks in base.
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

dansil92 wrote:
skandertayebi wrote:Nowadays everything is considerd op after someone wins 3 games in a row with it on a livestream and it gets nerfed instantly because people can't handle a decent strat.
+1
Examples ? That's totally wrong.
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

Astaroth wrote:
EAGLEMUT wrote:
To be fair, Opti is known as an unconventional player and Mitoe doesn't play the most standard, either, often doing age2 timing pushes. Also, playing really greedily without units in age2 is kinda risky in a hidden tourney where you don't know if your opponent isn't a crazy player like Aiz, Opti or an aggro lover like Prince.

I cba to do an in-depth analysis of other tourneys, but I'm pretty sure there have been plenty of tournament games of both players just doing an almost straight FF, with maybe 5 pikes sieging a shrine or 10 musks in base.
It depends on the play style. I'd say half of the top players prefer the semi ff style, that doesn't mean that it's the only option)
The funny thing, is that when you don't go for a ff/semi ff strat (jap rush, sepoy rush, water boom, Russia rush, Aztec rush and even brit musk/huss), people still complain about that lol.
I think that the semi ff meta is more interesting that the Russia rush meta though.
Sweden Victor_swe
Lancer
Donator 01

Post by Victor_swe »

I have a feeling its gonna suck. But hopefully im wrong!
If I need a new comp to play it, i wont get it...
Dead hunts cant walk....

BrookG - "There is a G in everyone"