Getting enemy's treasure's

No Flag thebritish
Jaeger

Post by thebritish »

I have seen most people are trying to take enemy's treasures for free.
Well, if i am fighting for it, it is mine, not on the opponent, right?

Isnt it unfair to take enemy's treasure's when he fights for it?
I think for it like being coward and not being able to fight fair, but instead to steal which is the easiest thing.

[spoiler]{Spoiler}
Whats your opinion about this?[/spoiler]
krichk wrote: For some reason, you want the world to know that you're brave enough to challenge thebritish
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

All treasures are up for grabs for both players so just because one player starts attacking the guardians first doesn't mean the other player can't try to take it.
No Flag thebritish
Jaeger

Post by thebritish »

gibson wrote:All treasures are up for grabs for both players so just because one player starts attacking the guardians first doesn''t mean the other player can''t try to take it.
but most players wait and when p1 kills all guardians, p2 just takes the treasure and leaves or just attack p1 because he have low hp after the battle
krichk wrote: For some reason, you want the world to know that you're brave enough to challenge thebritish
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

thebritish wrote:
gibson wrote:All treasures are up for grabs for both players so just because one player starts attacking the guardians first doesnt mean the other player cant try to take it.
but most players wait and when p1 kills all guardians, p2 just takes the treasure and leaves or just attack p1 because he have low hp after the battle

Yup
No Flag thebritish
Jaeger

Post by thebritish »

gibson wrote:
thebritish wrote:but most players wait and when p1 kills all guardians, p2 just takes the treasure and leaves or just attack p1 because he have low hp after the battle
Yup
isnt that breaking the fair play??
No Flag Wuangaga
Lancer

Post by Wuangaga »

If you want to play fair, you can play Treaty no op hm no nats fair teams and whatever other rules you could use to mimimize your freedom of play. (inb4 treaty players hating on me). You should use all the oppoturnities to win a game that you have, be as good as possible and not as nice as possible (regarding gameplay).
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

thebritish wrote:
gibson wrote:Yup
isnt that breaking the fair play??

No lol. Your saying that whoever find a any treasure first should just get it, when fighting over things is a critical part of the game. Is at also unfair when your opponent raids your hunts, or destroys your houses?
No Flag thebritish
Jaeger

Post by thebritish »

wuangaga wrote:You should use all the oppoturnities to win a game that you have, be as good as possible and not as nice as possible (regarding gameplay).
Some players who are undetectale have opportunity to use maphacks
No Flag thebritish
Jaeger

Post by thebritish »

gibson wrote:
thebritish wrote:isnt that breaking the fair play??
No lol. Your saying that whoever find a any treasure first should just get it, when fighting over things is a critical part of the game. Is at also unfair when your opponent raids your hunts, or destroys your houses?
lol, so you are saying you would accept to play a game against aggressive opponent who is going to rush and he gets 140 food and you lose your explorer.

[spoiler]{Spoiler}
Its already a gg anyway[/spoiler]
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

thebritish wrote:
gibson wrote:No lol. Your saying that whoever find a any treasure first should just get it, when fighting over things is a critical part of the game. Is at also unfair when your opponent raids your hunts, or destroys your houses?
lol, so you are saying you would accept to play a game against aggressive opponent who is going to rush and he gets 140 food and you lose your explorer.

[spoiler]{Spoiler}

yes? I knew the risk when I went for the 140 food treasure? And no, its not already gg unless its an unfair MU.
No Flag Wuangaga
Lancer

Post by Wuangaga »

thebritish wrote:
wuangaga wrote:You should use all the oppoturnities to win a game that you have, be as good as possible and not as nice as possible (regarding gameplay).
Some players who are undetectale have opportunity to use maphacks
Excluding hacks of course i was talking about the opportunities the game gives you.
No Flag thebritish
Jaeger

Post by thebritish »

gibson wrote:
thebritish wrote:lol, so you are saying you would accept to play a game against aggressive opponent who is going to rush and he gets 140 food and you lose your explorer.

[spoiler]{Spoiler}
yes? I knew the risk when I went for the 140 food treasure? And no, its not already gg unless its an unfair MU.
he being able to age to colonial 1 minute before you and you having no explorer to scout?
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

thebritish wrote:
gibson wrote: yes? I knew the risk when I went for the 140 food treasure? And no, its not already gg unless its an unfair MU.
he being able to age to colonial 1 minute before you and you having no explorer to scout?

its not a minute earlier and like I said you knew the risk when you went for the treasure. If you had done a better job with it you would have either gotten it or not lost your Explorer. Just dont go for any treasures then.
No Flag thebritish
Jaeger

Post by thebritish »

gibson wrote:
thebritish wrote:he being able to age to colonial 1 minute before you and you having no explorer to scout?
its not a minute earlier and like I said you knew the risk when you went for the treasure. If you had done a better job with it you would have either gotten it or not lost your Explorer. Just dont go for any treasures then.
well, if somebody goes for 12 vills age up ( 9+2 ) this 140 food would be enough to age 1 minute before you
No Flag Wuangaga
Lancer

Post by Wuangaga »

thebritish wrote:
gibson wrote: yes? I knew the risk when I went for the 140 food treasure? And no, its not already gg unless its an unfair MU.
The 140 food one doesnt make you age 1 minute earlier its maybe 20-30 secs and if you know that your enemy is going to rush you can age a vill earlier to macth his age up and set up as defensive as possible. Also what do you want to do with your explorer when you know hes going to rush? Unit compositions maybe but thats not very relevant, just make units and try to hold with mm+tc fire and some military shipment.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

thebritish wrote:
gibson wrote:its not a minute earlier and like I said you knew the risk when you went for the treasure. If you had done a better job with it you would have either gotten it or not lost your Explorer. Just dont go for any treasures then.
well, if somebody goes for 12 vills age up ( 9+2 ) this 140 food would be enough to age 1 minute before you

Thats irrelevant. If someone raids you and kills 75% of your vils thats also gg. If someone has 30 musk circle seiging your tc and you have nothing thats also gg. Both the things I just listed are much much worse than loosing a 140 food treasure. So are these things unfair too?
No Flag thebritish
Jaeger

Post by thebritish »

gibson wrote:
thebritish wrote:well, if somebody goes for 12 vills age up ( 9+2 ) this 140 food would be enough to age 1 minute before you
Thats irrelevant. If someone raids you and kills 75% of your vils thats also gg. If someone has 30 musk circle seiging your tc and you have nothing thats also gg. Both the things I just listed are much much worse than loosing a 140 food treasure. So are these things unfair too?
you can use explorer to see what is he going to do
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

thebritish wrote:
gibson wrote:Thats irrelevant. If someone raids you and kills 75% of your vils thats also gg. If someone has 30 musk circle seiging your tc and you have nothing thats also gg. Both the things I just listed are much much worse than loosing a 140 food treasure. So are these things unfair too?
you can use explorer to see what is he going to do

youre completely ignoring the fact that age of Empires is a game where you try to get advantages over your opponent and than exploit those advantages to win the game. Treasures are one way that manifests itself, as well as just about every single other interaction you have with your opponent.
No Flag 360noob
Crossbow

Post by 360noob »

Age of empires is a contest for resources. Treasures are resource too. It sucks when you lose a treasure but thats all part of the game.
United States of America sc
Dragoon
ESO: _ZOMBIE_

Post by sc »

wow wtf sup players steal treasures?? lmao just another reason treaty is better than sup. in treaty everyone knows that when you find a treasure, its YOURS. you spent the time and APM scouting the treasure, you EARNED it. if anyone stole a treasure from me i would probably quit (idc about PR, only honor) pest the guy that stole from me, and then make 5 password protected chat rooms telling everyone about the BM. incredible that the sup community is still figuring stuff out after all these years
VIRTZN and CM1993 are my friends and they never cheat. everyone should add them. kappa
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

sc wrote:wow wtf sup players steal treasures?? lmao just another reason treaty is better than sup. in treaty everyone knows that when you find a treasure, its YOURS. you spent the time and APM scouting the treasure, you EARNED it. if anyone stole a treasure from me i would probably quit (idc about PR, only honor) pest the guy that stole from me, and then make 5 password protected chat rooms telling everyone about the BM. incredible that the sup community is still figuring stuff out after all these years

don''t forget to put a _ in front of your chat rooms so they are automatically at the top of the user created chat rooms.
No Flag lukasl99
Musketeer

Post by lukasl99 »

sc wrote:wow wtf sup players steal treasures?? lmao just another reason treaty is better than sup. in treaty everyone knows that when you find a treasure, its YOURS. you spent the time and APM scouting the treasure, you EARNED it. if anyone stole a treasure from me i would probably quit (idc about PR, only honor) pest the guy that stole from me, and then make 5 password protected chat rooms telling everyone about the BM. incredible that the sup community is still figuring stuff out after all these years
+1 if somebody steals a treasure in my games ->' instant pest after game
No Flag thebritish
Jaeger

Post by thebritish »

lukasl99 wrote:
+1 if somebody steals a treasure in my games ->' instant pest after game
+2
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

thebritish wrote:
lukasl99 wrote:+1 if somebody steals a treasure in my games -> instant pest after game
+2

just making sure you know they were being sarcastic.....
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

gibson wrote:
thebritish wrote:+2
just making sure you know they were being sarcastic.....

Nope, just treaty noobs :clint: