19%
Strong World is a nation war!
81%

Total votes: 74

France iNcog
Ninja

Strong World: nation wars?

Post by iNcog »

So a few posters in the Strong World have talked about converting Strong World from a clan league to a nations league. So instead of participating and fighting for your clans, you would fight for your country. Something, something patriotism, etc.

Sounds kind of fun, I sort of like the idea, especially since it seems to interest quite a few people. Since I'm not running this to stroke my own ego², rather I'm doing it so that people have fun, I am interested in this change. Also, I don't have a lot of sign ups, which is embarrassing! :P

The new format would be for people to sign up individually and then get assigned to their country. easy sign up, easy life

There is ONE pitfall which I'm already disliking and if we're to go through with this change then I want you guys to provide a good solution for it. A country such as Germany will have quite a few top players in its team, which would make it difficult for lower level players to participate. Remember that the goal is to provide everyone a shot an entering.

I have a few ideas, but let's first open up this poll.
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote:
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Re: Strong World: nation wars?

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

Yeaaa.
I can't find a clan but I'd play a country war for fun.
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Post by fightinfrenchman »

America wins by default
Dromedary Scone Mix is not Alone Mix
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

Another pitfall is that players from small countries (e.g. they're the only ones from that country playing the game) would need to rally behind a common banner. My current proposal is to unite them under the UN banner.
Garja wrote:
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

fightinfrenchman wrote:America wins by default

No way :P
No Flag enjoy2play
Dragoon

Post by enjoy2play »

#countrywar
Acergamer wrote:Well, that's it for me fellas haha. Anyways I just want to say good luck to Samwise12 ,and hope he beats Lordraphael since he's basically a piece of shit idiot combination of Garja and Umeu.
N3O_Jerom wrote:and huh the balance is actually pretty good
Palestine Mimsy for President
Jaeger

Post by Mimsy for President »

There should be max 3 guys per team imo. Then you can number the teams , e.g Team UK 1, Team UK 2 etc.
Although French, I'd rather play (if I could) in a mixed team. Team NATO <3
France krichk
Musketeer
ESO: AAAzzz___

Post by krichk »

Here's my PR19 opinion on why this is the greatest idea ever: being what some (many?) would call a noob, I would never have had enough motivation to apply to a clan of better players that I don't know and who speak a language I'm not 100% comfortable with. But if I can play some balanced matchs from time to time I would definitely apply.
Go France!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Ps: 'strong world' fits perfectly for a nations tournament doesn't it?
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

Mimsy for President wrote:There should be max 3 guys per team imo. Then you can number the teams , e.g Team UK 1, Team UK 2 etc.
Although French, I'd rather play in a mixed team. Team NATO <3

Then it's not a country war.
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

krichk wrote:Here's my PR19 opinion on why this is the greatest idea ever: being what some (many?) would call a noob, I would never have had enough motivation to apply to a clan of better players that I don't know and who speak a language I'm not 100% comfortable with. But if I can play some balanced matchs from time to time I would definitely apply.
Go France!!!!!!!!!!! :D

!!!!!!!
Also this would create a great hype and people from the same country would help to each other, good players would teach lower players.
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

H2O can fly out to the basement and teach basement players how to improve!
France krichk
Musketeer
ESO: AAAzzz___

Post by krichk »

Mimsy for President wrote:There should be max 3 guys per team

Best way to have only very good players and overinvested noob imo
Larger teams would be harder to manage, but I think it's the only way to have both balanced teams AND noobs in the tournament.
Of course I'm assuming that everyone is welcome, which is the case if I understood correctly
Jaeger

[Armag] diarouga wrote:
Mimsy for President wrote:There should be max 3 guys per team imo. Then you can number the teams , e.g Team UK 1, Team UK 2 etc.

Hmm it kinda is. French, Dutch, German, Austrian, American, Finnish, British, Brazilian. At least 8 countries. Not that bad.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

fightinfrenchman wrote:H2O can fly out to the basement and teach basement players how to improve!

I doubt even the great H2O could teach Adam to get to imperial before 30 minutes.....
United States of America Papist
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Papist

Post by Papist »

Good idea. I think to prevent smaller countries will only a few players from being shut out, we should give people a regional option (e.g. Team Latin America, Team SE Asia, Team NATO), etc. if they can;t find anyone from their own country.
The function of man is to live, not to exist.
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

gibson wrote:
fightinfrenchman wrote:H2O can fly out to the basement and teach basement players how to improve!

I doubt even the great H2O could teach Adam to get to imperial before 30 minutes.....

We'll send Adam to live with H2O for a year to train under him
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

Mimsy for President wrote:
[Armag] diarouga wrote:

Hmm it's kinda is. French, Dutch, German, Austrian, American, Finnish, British, Brazilian. At least 8 countries. Not that bad.

As far as I know, Osmane would be alone in Austria. Don't forget Canada btw, with Mitoe in it, it's going to be a force to reckon with.

There's another thing to consider and that is what do we do with clans which have already signed up. WAC and A414A will split up into French and Dutch factions. I'm not sure how they'd feel about that.

HWY have expressed the desire to show their clan's strength as well. aaaaaaaand those are the only clans which have signed up, haha.

If possible, could those people come forward and tell us their thoughts.
Garja wrote:
Jaeger

iNcog wrote:
Show hidden quotes
Hmm it's kinda is. French, Dutch, German, Austrian, American, Finnish, British, Brazilian. At least 8 countries. Not that bad.

As far as I know, Osmane would be alone in Austria. Don't forget Canada btw, with Mitoe in it, it's going to be a force to reckon with.

There's another thing to consider and that is what do we do with clans which have already signed up. WAC and A414A will split up into French and Dutch factions. I'm not sure how they'd feel about that.

HWY have expressed the desire to show their clan's strength as well. aaaaaaaand those are the only clans which have signed up, haha.

Osmane, mongo10 and Hwoarang are Austrian. Mitoe and DivineFire are the only Canadians I know ^^ So it should be Team North America I guess.
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

iNcog wrote:
Show hidden quotes

Then do it depending on languages, put osmane with germans and mitoe with brit/us.
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

mongo isn't German? If HWY are all austrian this does simplify things a little.

sircallen is Canadian and has expressed desire to participate. I'm sure there are other Canadian players.
Garja wrote:
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

I guess people are magically more motivated to play for a country even though that makes little sense. We should just scrap the clan thing and call it a team league where you play both 1v1 and teamgames with a group of 3 or 4 people in a BO5 format or so.
Jaeger

French and Dutch communities are large enough to create several teams. Same goes to the UK and Germany if I'm not wrong.
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

[Armag] diarouga wrote:Then do it depending on languages, put osmane with germans and mitoe with brit/us.

meh that's silly!

i can speak dutch for instance. " ik zou haar neuken "

very easy
Garja wrote:
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

What's fun with country war is that the teams are kinda random.
In clan wars, you team with people of your level while here you'd team with random people of your country.
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

iNcog wrote:
[Armag] diarouga wrote:Then do it depending on languages, put osmane with germans and mitoe with brit/us.

meh that's silly!

i can speak dutch for instance. " ik zou haar neuken "

very easy

How is that silly?