Aztec unit composition

India TNT333
Lancer
ESO: TNT333

Aztec unit composition

Post by TNT333 »

I wanna know the best unit composition for an aztec army that is late game. I go jaguars and maces with arrow knights and coyotes
"We are kings or pawns" Napoleon Bonaparte
Canada dansil92
Retired Contributor
ESO: dansil92

Re: Aztec unit composition

Post by dansil92 »

Eagle runners. Lots of eagle runners. Only french and dutch skirms can beat them and they take no additional damage from artillery as they dont count as infantry. Gotta keep your temple support card and knight upgrade cards in your deck. Add in attack dance and they are absolutely ridiculous. Also seminole tupi amd carib allies can boost them too. Its really the only thats good lategame for aztec
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

yea erk , maybe some coy and perhaps some mace for dps, arrow knights for siege
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

TNT333 wrote:I wanna know the best unit composition for an aztec army that is late game. I go jaguars and maces with arrow knights and coyotes

Don't make jaguars.
Usually you want some arrow knight to deal with the walls and with artillery. erk is indeed your best unit, so be sure to make as many erk as possible. You'll still need some melee units to deal with skirms, your best melee unit in late game is your fully upgraded WC in cover mode, but you should also make some coyotes.
I'm honestly not sure you should even make maces, they're quite bad in late game.
Canada dansil92
Retired Contributor

Post by dansil92 »

[Armag] diarouga wrote:
TNT333 wrote:I wanna know the best unit composition for an aztec army that is late game. I go jaguars and maces with arrow knights and coyotes

Don't make jaguars.
Usually you want some arrow knight to deal with the walls and with artillery. erk is indeed your best unit, so be sure to make as many erk as possible. You'll still need some melee units to deal with skirms, your best melee unit in late game is your fully upgraded WC in cover mode, but you should also make some coyotes.
I'm honestly not sure you should even make maces, they're quite bad in late game.

Yeah you absolutely never want mace late game they only are good if you can outnumber. When i play tr40 as aztec my composition is almost entirely Erks with the minimum amount of arrow knights i can get away with for anti artillery- my double carded and industrial ageup bonus enhanced warchief in covermode tanking up front and janey the pet jaguars (gotta stretch that pop limit) being spammed where possible to take on skirms and artillery (i dont use the temple card for the jaguars its like 8 extra hitpoints). Attack dance is essential. A few coyotes in stealth aren't terrible when fully carded but still not great. Remember that erks can go in stagger mode if you are facing artillery. When you push close enough to walls you want to big button your jaguars and pumas to take down walls and save your arrowknight big button just in case of an artillery pop
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

I think people are not playing the aztecs right you can search some garja and diarouga aztec recs they were good with them
Canada dansil92
Retired Contributor

Post by dansil92 »

Should mention that jaguars do have one use is that they counter meelee infantry like samarai or halberdiers. You wont often run into them but they do have multipliers against erks. Jaguars eat through a samarai spam faster than even artillery will so keep that in mind vs japan
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

But no one makes these units, and even if they do they're not supposed to ever be able to connect with your erk
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Canada dansil92
Retired Contributor

Post by dansil92 »

Kaiserklein wrote:But no one makes these units, and even if they do they're not supposed to ever be able to connect with your erk

I know they don't and they won't but it is the only use they have so it's worth mentioning. Snowww vs kynesie he made halbs in that aztec vs dutch match and they destroyed his erks (i would actually say that was the moment he lost tbh). Otherwise yes its a pretty useless unit
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

ERK/coyo for fight and jags for siege. Jags have insane stats in lategame. More attack than coyo and more siege than puma. Also more HP than all aztecs units except for skull knights. And they cost one pop. Also all this units are food heavy and, except for coyote they cost food/gold, which means you can make use of the ups for farms and plants (especially farms). AK are unfortunately very underwhelming. Even at sieging they are too slow. The only perk is that they can siege from distance.
Image Image Image
Canada dansil92
Retired Contributor

Post by dansil92 »

Garja wrote:AK are unfortunately very underwhelming. Even at sieging they are too slow.

Garja has spoken

I feel like they would only be actually useful if they
1) took 1 pop
2) had a multiplier against skirmishers
3) werent so unnecessarily slow
4) had same seige stats as skull knights

It would be nice if they did seige damage or area of effect too
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

dansil92 wrote:
Garja wrote:AK are unfortunately very underwhelming. Even at sieging they are too slow.

Garja has spoken

I feel like they would only be actually useful if they
1) took 1 pop
It's something we should consider in a future version of the EP.
2) had a multiplier against skirmishers
They're siege units, they don't have to be good vs skirms.
3) werent so unnecessarily slow
Siege units are slow in general.
4) had same seige stats as skull knights
They don't have a very good siege attack, but the huge range compensates for that.

It would be nice if they did seige damage or area of effect too
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

And let's not forget arrow knights are also designed to kill artillery, so it makes sense that their siege isn't insane.
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03
ESO: Gendarme

Post by Gendarme »

But Garja just said they only take one pop...
Pay more attention to detail.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

They take two pop which is the biggest drawback. Also the speed which is slower than normal artillery (in transport mode).
The unit doesn't necessarily need better stats, the design makes those stats ok. But in practice it just ends up being a huge population burden. So it should either have 1 pop and be spammbale or at least have better speed and better attack/siege to justify the 2 pop.
Image Image Image
Canada dansil92
Retired Contributor

Post by dansil92 »

Absolutely agree with you Garja. Since it is supposed to be a mortar&culverin it really should have better seige. Perhaps we should open up a thread in patch discussion for arrow knights?
India TNT333
Lancer
ESO: TNT333

Post by TNT333 »

dansil92 wrote:Absolutely agree with you Garja. Since it is supposed to be a mortar&culverin it really should have better seige. Perhaps we should open up a thread in patch discussion for arrow knights?

Idk, groups of ak can really burn down towers etc
"We are kings or pawns" Napoleon Bonaparte
Canada dansil92
Retired Contributor

Post by dansil92 »

TNT333 wrote:
dansil92 wrote:Absolutely agree with you Garja. Since it is supposed to be a mortar&culverin it really should have better seige. Perhaps we should open up a thread in patch discussion for arrow knights?

Idk, groups of ak can really burn down towers etc

In the very latest of games (eg. Imperial) they are very good when fully carded (100 seige iirc from very long range) but still very pop heavy which is their downside. The 30+ attack with the firepit and a rof of 1.5 isn't bad either but since they take 2 pop so you can either have 2 erks (369hp 42 attack 22 seige in imperial) or one arrow knight (345hp 34 attack 108 seige). In team games however you can definitely spam arrow knights but 1v1 it is not really viable to have more than 5 or 6 at a time and even then...
Portugal Kazamkikaz
Dragoon
ESO: Kazamkikaz

Post by Kazamkikaz »

I remember now my super noob fase when i was making ff in 10 min to just make arrow knight, thinking was infantry type unit to kill others normals units including cav with super big range :devil:
It's so amazing how i knew about hit and run trick in this time cause i was trying all the time hide my arrow knights to kill sealthly :ugly:
My Youtube channel

"If you can't win the fight
don't take the fight"-Aizamk 2016