FR vs Japan on no-TP Maps

European Union Scroogie
Lancer
ESO: Scroogie
GameRanger ID: 10056919

FR vs Japan on no-TP Maps

Post by Scroogie »

I (as FR) played this MU thrice yesterday (on EP), twice on no-TP maps (the one with TPs was Great Plains, where i had great fun being ahead 20 points all game, getting stagecoach and semi-FFing no problem :biggrin: )
On no TP maps, i am not sure of what to do. The first game on Gran Chaco i tried a bow pike rush into contain and sieging his shrines all the time, which somehow worked out, i ended up slowly gaining a military advantage after many skirmishes and winning of the back of that.

On the second map, i tried to 4cdb 700w 5pike 5bow semi ff, which worked out horribly, just when i hit up he was in my base, killing all my army and 10cdbs. From there i managed to get okaish trades with skirm goon, but my eco was so behind he eventually outmassed and beat me.

So, what strat/BO do you recommend in this MU on no TP maps, and more importantly, if you have a military advantage vs Japan, where do you go? Vs other civs you can raid them, contain them, vs Japan you can't do much besides sieging shrines, and if you have skirm goon that probably isnt even a good idea.
Me being slightly ahead vs H2O: Image
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Re: FR vs Japan on no-TP Maps

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

Can't really win on no TP. I guess bow rush is the best way though.
Australia Kawapasaka
ESOC Pro Team

Post by Kawapasaka »

Tbh it's really weird I always feel like I do worse vs getting bow-pike rushed from France than vs their standard TP semi stuff.
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

i prefer musk huss to bow rush tbh. u can snare any units trying to poke sieging, you can hunt down heroes and ofc huss are great vs age 2 jap and its hard to mix them after 700w and 600w have gone into bows
European Union Scroogie
Lancer
ESO: Scroogie
GameRanger ID: 10056919

Post by Scroogie »

Hazza54321 wrote:i prefer musk huss to bow rush tbh. u can snare any units trying to poke sieging, you can hunt down heroes and ofc huss are great vs age 2 jap and its hard to mix them after 700w and 600w have gone into bows

Hmm yea but i remember H2O saying Musk Huss is the worst option for France, in H2O explains vs snowww.
Me being slightly ahead vs H2O: Image
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

It's controversial. Personnally, I don't like musk/huss. Imo you're not going to achieve much with this composition.
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

its not ideal but i feel like its easier and you can outplay easier with this composition with catching units and pressure spots. going bow pike means u need to keep units together, chop alot of wood after the crate spam, when steel traps + 700c 600c means bigger mass and of the relevant unit.
Germany lordraphael
Pro Player
EWTNWC LAN SilverAdvanced Division WinnerDonator 01

Post by lordraphael »

bow pike into musk huss
breeze wrote: they cant even guess how much f***ing piece of stupid retarded they look they are trying to give lesson to people who are over pr35 and know the best mu. im pretty sure that we need a page that only pr30+ post and then we could have a nice discussins.