Did diarouga almost donate NWC final spot to tabben?

No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Did diarouga almost donate NWC final spot to tabben?

Post by deleted_user0 »

Let's talk about NE game.

starts 2h 25 min.

I'm not quite convinced that Tabben-Diarouga game was over when diarouga resigned. Diarouga won the series after all but let's still analyze.

Diarouga could have evacuated all his eco to island - wall it - block it - spam hand mortars.
Tabben could have not gotten any other warships but ironclads after revo. Therefore, let's say diarouga evacuates asap with a good number of vills.
Tabben probably continues to siege everything diarouga has. Diarouga blocks the coastal to prevent loading units to the island and prepares a hand mortars defence ready to sink any ship with units. It would taken tabben probably same time to realize what's going on. Possibly, after a couple of minutes he realizes to send ironclads to transport units to the island but meanwhile diarouga could have had enough hand mortars/castles to instant sink it, while having unloading spots blocked by buildings.

In this situation, the tabben optimal move is to put factories to resources, build tps and trade monopoly. But with only factories that takes time - he might not have realized this play immediately - gather resources for monopoly and wait for it 5 mins. At that point diarouga still had so many vills that during time he could have aged industrial and get monitors.
But if tabben would have drown all his army on the sea, as could have happened, diarouga could have easily sieged even some trading posts on land.

The game was not over - but to win from diarouga would have required 9000iq. And it could have looked like bm when not resigning when it "looks over". However, revolution has these loopholes that could have been abused.

And yes. He had plenty of time to do all this. Still ship in the pond. Still plenty of buildings. He had time to evacuate easily. Maybe even with 30 vills.
@Diarouga @tabben
just tagging u. I think u find it interesting scenario or if u have comments
United States of America Cometk
Retired Contributor

Re: Did diarouga almost donate NWC final spot to tabben?

Post by Cometk »

you tagged the wrong diarouga x)

@[Armag] diarouga
Russia yurashic
Howdah
ESO: Yurashic

Post by yurashic »

I remember having the same thoughts when I was watching this in summer.
Germany Lukas_L99
Pro Player
Donator 01
ESO: Lukas_L99

Post by Lukas_L99 »

Hmm, where would he get the res for the castles and hand mortars from tho?
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

all I remember was tabben wasting the HCs but after that there wasnt much that Diarouga could have done, except from just dragging out the game
Image Image Image
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

Lukas_L99 wrote:Hmm, where would he get the res for the castles and hand mortars from tho?
There are some trees on the island and there is a gold mine so you can trade from a market. Also, possibly sneaking a few vills to Tabben's corner. He still had both wonders, some units to play time and a lot of villages. With so many vills, I'm sure he would have had time to prepare a some kind of an island defence.

You don't need sooo much stuff to sink a 2k ironclad if you manage to put the buildings/walls to prevent unloading.
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

Shut up somppu you cunt
India Challenger_Marco
ESOC Media Team
ESO: challenger_marco

Post by Challenger_Marco »

Only 9000iq like sommppu can pull that game off with Somali tactics!
:nwc:
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

Somali too smart for this community
Germany Lukas_L99
Pro Player
Donator 01
ESO: Lukas_L99

Post by Lukas_L99 »

somppukunkku wrote:
Lukas_L99 wrote:Hmm, where would he get the res for the castles and hand mortars from tho?
There are some trees on the island and there is a gold mine so you can trade from a market. Also, possibly sneaking a few vills to Tabben's corner. He still had both wonders, some units to play time and a lot of villages. With so many vills, I'm sure he would have had time to prepare a some kind of an island defence.

You don't need sooo much stuff to sink a 2k ironclad if you manage to put the buildings/walls to prevent unloading.
Not sure if those res are enough, hand mortars cost 90w 50 f each and you need some mass t beat iron clads.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

Well first of all he would need to evacuate. That means waiting until you've got a boat from a shipment (assuming diarouga had the colo war junks shipment?) or from a dock, it's not free nor instant. Meanwhile tabben would keep pushing and do damage. Then once tabben realizes it, he can just ship ironclads, possibly before diarouga is ready to defend the island (keep in mind he's got all his eco idle, needs to rebuild villages for pop space, build walls, a castle, hand mortars...). Only if diarouga is somehow ready to hold them, he has a chance. And even then, after losing some vils and the porcelain tower, vs 4 tps stagecoach + factories, I feel like diarouga would be behind in eco, with zero map control. Ah and if tabben takes both nat posts, I think he can keep the control of trade monopoly even vs monitors from the shore.

If you ask me it's very unlikely diarouga would have won like that, but I guess with perfect play, and maybe a couple mistakes from tabben, it might have worked
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

I thought about it afterwhile and I believe that I could have walled and used the sea.

The game was not over but the tilt made me resign. I thought that it was going to be an easy win because it's an easy MU + I was on a losing streak, that's a lot of frustration.

Also keep in mind that I thought I was going to beat his army in the big fight. If I dodged this fight and went for the other sea I probably would have won.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

@Kaiserklein yes you're right but I think he had the time to evacuate becauce of the number of buildings and army left-over.

I'm just curious how the game would have looked if played until the end. Still, there would have been a chance tabben would have (arrogantly) transport all army to island. And if you catch that single ship, the game is over.

Even if tabben was ahead in eco, there are not too many options to use the res. No arti, no buildings, no docks or warships.