Halo Wars 2

Place open for new posts — threads with fresh content will be moved to either Real-life Discussion or ESOC Talk sub-forums, where you can create new topics.
No Flag yoda
Musketeer

Halo Wars 2

Post by yoda »

Hey I just saw that they announced Halo Wars 2!
No Flag Mr. Pecksniff
Howdah

Halo Wars 2

Post by Mr. Pecksniff »

I just saw it on reddit. Apparently there will also be a PC version. Hopefully that means the game won't be linear and depthless like the last one.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Halo Wars 2

Post by momuuu »

So that means the developement of a new game by microsoft isn't aoe4 but halo wars 2? :(
Germany lordraphael
Pro Player
EWTNWC LAN SilverAdvanced Division WinnerDonator 01

Halo Wars 2

Post by lordraphael »

Are they insane ?? They picked halo wars over aoe4 ?? That's just stupid aoe has a super big fan base while halo wars was a complete mess ... Microsoft :(
breeze wrote: they cant even guess how much f***ing piece of stupid retarded they look they are trying to give lesson to people who are over pr35 and know the best mu. im pretty sure that we need a page that only pr30+ post and then we could have a nice discussins.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Halo Wars 2

Post by deleted_user0 »

Meh... They need to sell on console to save xbox. Pc software sells regardless of aoe i guess. So sad
No Flag thebritish
Jaeger

Halo Wars 2

Post by thebritish »

jerom wrote:So that means the developement of a new game by microsoft isn''t aoe4 but halo wars 2? :(
probably :(
krichk wrote: For some reason, you want the world to know that you're brave enough to challenge thebritish
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01
ESO: edeholland
GameRanger ID: 4053888
Clan: ESOC

Halo Wars 2

Post by edeholland »

drlegend wrote:It says it is being developed by Creative Assembly which is not the studio that Microsoft created to develop the "beloved strategy franchise" they spoke of.
What studio was that then?
France iNcog
Ninja

Halo Wars 2

Post by iNcog »

-- deleted post --

Reason: on request (off-topic bulk delete)
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote:
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Halo Wars 2

Post by Goodspeed »

drlegend wrote:Apparently "Decisive Games."
Source?
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Halo Wars 2

Post by Goodspeed »

Hmm
Worrying how they seem to want to release whatever it is they're developing on xbox as well. That means the game will be playable without a mouse which means it's probably not going to be a real RTS :(
France iNcog
Ninja

Halo Wars 2

Post by iNcog »

-- deleted post --

Reason: on request (off-topic bulk delete)
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote:
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
Germany lordraphael
Pro Player

Halo Wars 2

Post by lordraphael »

calmyourtits wrote:Hmm
Worrying how they seem to want to release whatever it is they''re developing on xbox as well. That means the game will be playable without a mouse which means it''s probably not going to be a real RTS :(
aoe 2 was released on xbox / ps2 aswell :)
breeze wrote: they cant even guess how much f***ing piece of stupid retarded they look they are trying to give lesson to people who are over pr35 and know the best mu. im pretty sure that we need a page that only pr30+ post and then we could have a nice discussins.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Halo Wars 2

Post by momuuu »

drlegend wrote:Practically every game requires a gamepad these days. I remember when I was a kid you could play flying games, racing games, strategy games, platformer games, etc. with just a few buttons on your keyboard and it was quite easy to adjust the controls to allow two people to play on one keyboard. Now you need at least one gamepad to play any game or, if you''re lucky, to play with someone else on the same computer.

Although I read somewhere that a new controller was developed for the X1 or PS4 that allowed you to have mouse-like precision or something like that.

racing games are easily superior with a controller, because you cant tell a vehicle how much you want it to turn with a keyboard, unlike with a controller. There is turning and not turning really.

Also, games like dark souls (and probably skyrim and other similair games) are more enjoyable with a controller imo.
No Flag Mr. Pecksniff
Howdah

Halo Wars 2

Post by Mr. Pecksniff »

drlegend wrote:powerupgaming.co.uk/articles/493-microsoft-working-on-beloved-strategy-game
Your cherry-picked tabloid articles do not convince me, goy.
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Halo Wars 2

Post by Goodspeed »

7/10
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Halo Wars 2

Post by pecelot »

lordraphael wrote:]aoe 2 was released on xbox / ps2 aswell :)

Do you mean this? It was released on Nintendo DS.

jerom wrote:racing games are easily superior with a controller, because you cant tell a vehicle how much you want it to turn with a keyboard, unlike with a controller. There is turning and not turning really.

As another example, modern FIFA games are unplayable without a controller, so youre right there.
Germany lordraphael
Pro Player

Halo Wars 2

Post by lordraphael »

pecelot wrote:
lordraphael wrote:]aoe 2 was released on xbox / ps2 aswell :)
Do you mean this? It was released on Nintendo DS.
jerom wrote:
no i mean the real xbox or ps2 version of the game still remember the day i first saw this cause i was like " how is it possible to play this with a controller ":)
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Halo Wars 2

Post by momuuu »

drlegend wrote:
jerom wrote:racing games are easily superior with a controller, because you cant tell a vehicle how much you want it to turn with a keyboard, unlike with a controller. There is turning and not turning really.

Also, games like dark souls (and probably skyrim and other similair games) are more enjoyable with a controller imo.
I would never buy a gamepad. How can a game be enjoyable if I dont play it? Either create the game as playable without a gamepad or I wont play it. Its pretty simple.

many games can be played without a controller, almost all games have keyboard hotkeys. The thing is, many games are just a lot more fun with a gamepad. I havent regretted getting one for even a small second.
No Flag cowhax
Skirmisher

Halo Wars 2

Post by cowhax »

Clearly not much excitement about this. I suppose that only makes sense when during the time AoE Castle Siege was announced, the PR man said "it's not the end of AoE".

Maybe Microsoft is getting its' RTS bearings down with HW2 before attempting to get another AoE going. I mean Ensemble is dissolved, so if there is another AoE then this could easily just be an experiment both to test how well the studio can make a comprehensive RTS, and how much interest there is in the RTS market.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Halo Wars 2

Post by momuuu »

But hw2 is probably gonna fail and then ms just says screw this. Honestly, I cant imagine ms doing anything right anymore.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Halo Wars 2

Post by gibson »

jerom wrote:But hw2 is probably gonna fail and then ms just says screw this. Honestly, I cant imagine ms doing anything right anymore.

Not right for us at least. They''re like the abusive husband who has another family in another city and makes promises of changing but never does.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Halo Wars 2

Post by momuuu »

gibson wrote:
jerom wrote:But hw2 is probably gonna fail and then ms just says screw this. Honestly, I cant imagine ms doing anything right anymore.
Not right for us at least. Theyre like the abusive husband who has another family in another city and makes promises of changing but never does.

yeah I know exactly what you mean. Your analogy of this situation that everyone has been through at least once made it so clear.

But ye, agree.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Halo Wars 2

Post by gibson »

jerom wrote:
gibson wrote:Not right for us at least. Theyre like the abusive husband who has another family in another city and makes promises of changing but never does.
yeah I know exactly what you mean. Your analogy of this situation that everyone has been through at least once made it so clear.

But ye, agree.

so you havent had an abusive husband? Jesus man