Do you come from a traditional family?

Place open for new posts — threads with fresh content will be moved to either Real-life Discussion or ESOC Talk sub-forums, where you can create new topics.

Traditional Family?

Yes
85%
No
15%

Total votes: 65

Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

ivan wrote:
gibson wrote: Yup thats basically exactly what I think. At least in the case of polygamy. Men made it up for their own personal benefit. I mean would you rather fuck one girl or seven? Religion wasnt made it with the intention of personal benefit, I think it was a genuine attempt to answer questions we couldnt and some that we still cant answer. However, much of it today is just used by people for personal gain.
So... You think mormons, muslims, etc... at some point corrupted their own religions so they could convince many women to stay married to them?

No I think that those religions view women as lesser than men, and from their its a natural progression to thinking that its alright to take multiple women as wives if you get bored of your first wife and want another younger and more beautiful one for sexual purposes.
No Flag Good ol Ivan
Howdah
ESO: ivanelterrible

Post by Good ol Ivan »

signslasher wrote:
ivan wrote:So... You think mormons, muslims, etc... at some point corrupted their own religions so they could convince many women to stay married to them?
Has Islam not allowed it since day one?
Precisely?
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

drlegend wrote:OK how about you don''t worry about the horny guys. What do you think about relationships where the woman is married to three guys or even three other women?

That doesn''t really happen Tbh...The vast majority of polygamous relationships are one male and multiple females.
No Flag SignSlasher
Crossbow

Post by SignSlasher »

ivan wrote:
signslasher wrote:Has Islam not allowed it since day one?
Precisely?
So... It was corrupt from the beginning?
No Flag Good ol Ivan
Howdah
ESO: ivanelterrible

Post by Good ol Ivan »

signslasher wrote:
ivan wrote:Precisely?
So... It was corrupt from the beginning?
No, silly. Its not about monogamy being inherently good vs polygamy which is inherently bad. I was talking about corrupting religious dogmas and convictions.
Gibson said religion isnt inherently bad, but he is saying polygamy is inherently bad. So Im asking whether he thinks some religions have polygamous relationships because men corrupted their religions into accepting polygamy so men could have more wives, and in turn said religions corrupted women into thinking polygamy is good.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

ivan wrote:
signslasher wrote:So... It was corrupt from the beginning?
No, silly. Its not about monogamy being inherently good vs polygame which is inherently bad. I was talking about corrupting dogmas and believes.
Gibson said religion isnt inherently bad, but he is saying polygame is inherently bad. So Im asking whether he thinks some religions have polygamous relationships because men corrupted their religions into accepting polygamy (which is bad) and in turn said religions corrupted women into thinking polygamy is good, all for the mens gain.

I never said polygamy was inherently bad lol. It made perfect since for men to believe women were Inferior to them in a time where physical strength ruled.
Switzerland _venox_
Howdah
ESO: _Venox_

Post by _venox_ »

Yolo.
Don't let the things you can't change dictate your life.
United States of America SoldieR
Pro Player
ESO: SoldieR

Post by SoldieR »

I guess I got the info I wanted from this topic. Was looking for it to go in the direction of "is it still realsitic?" Instead of another philosophical rambling, but then again, this is offtopic
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

-- deleted post --

Reason: on request (off-topic bulk delete)
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote:
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
No Flag goldenicon
Musketeer

Post by goldenicon »

iamsoldier wrote:Shocked at the % of this poll. Gotta be a US thing..

staying married can''t be confused as an automatic good thing though. I Know A Few Women That Stay With their Husbands For The Sake Of The Children. These women have experienced physical and psychological abuse however they can''t find a way to live without the financial support their husband provides.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

oh god, soldier, what did you do, you just gave @drlegend a field trip into Magic Wonderland of Trolls, he is so excited. Might be that he got his first erection.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

incog wrote:it should be pretty realistic, though i guess that divorce and so on will be on the rise

you think so? It used to be not done to divorce, back when society and church were intertwined.. But here we had the 70s and 80s where people really stopped caring about that stuff anymore. Back then divorce was surely on the rise, but would it still be today then?
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

jerom wrote:
incog wrote:it should be pretty realistic, though i guess that divorce and so on will be on the rise
you think so? It used to be not done to divorce, back when society and church were intertwined.. But here we had the 70s and 80s where people really stopped caring about that stuff anymore. Back then divorce was surely on the rise, but would it still be today then?

seems youre correct, at least in the US

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2014/12/02/up ... ?referrer=
United States of America SoldieR
Pro Player
ESO: SoldieR

Post by SoldieR »

Wow, what an article. And terrible truth at the end..people are just going to separate further with wealthy, educated family growing in number, and also single parent, uneducated familys growing in number. Story of Chicago right there