My "rights" are more important than yours.

Place open for new posts — threads with fresh content will be moved to either Real-life Discussion or ESOC Talk sub-forums, where you can create new topics.
No Flag arriah
Dragoon

Re: My

Post by arriah »

Metis wrote:It's recently come to light that the student at The University of Missouri who went on hunger strike because he was a member of an "oppressed minority" and who demanded that the president of the university publicly state his "white privilege" just might be a bit privileged himself.

Butler is a member of a prominent Omaha family. His father, Eric L. Butler, is an executive vice president for the Union Pacific Railroad. His 2014 compensation was $6.7 million and his estimated total net worth is well over $20 million.

http://www1.salary.com/Eric-L-Butler-Sa ... -CORP.html

Here is a picture of this poor oppressed student at a black-tie dinner:

The whole thing started because a Black student claimed that someone said "nigger" in his presence.

When the above "oppressed" back student ended his very short hunger strike, the first thing his black supporters said, as he took a bite out of a gourmet burger, were "Wooo, shit nigger!" and "Yeah, nigger!"

Not only this, the claims that the University of Missouri president had his driver run his car into protestors and that the police were brutal to them also were blatantly false. Watch the video below to see what actually transpired.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phA_mGxR4-A

Is he privileged because he's rich or whatever? Yes, but it doesn't fucking matter. That is totally irrelevant. It's also irrelevant if black people use the word "nigger" since it's their oppression. Is that hard to understand?

The fact is that there were loads of things going on in the campus that disadvantaged and distressed certain students, so one of them did something about it.
United States of America Metis
Howdah

Post by Metis »

arriah wrote:
Is he privileged because he's rich or whatever? Yes, but it doesn't fucking matter. That is totally irrelevant. It's also irrelevant if black people use the word "nigger" since it's their oppression. Is that hard to understand?

The fact is that there were loads of things going on in the campus that disadvantaged and distressed certain students, so one of them did something about it.

It's not irrelevant when someone who has a microphone and is shouting about his "chains" and "oppression" and who demands that a university president publicly admit his "white privilege" is the son of a wealthy corporate executive who is worth twenty times what that supposedly "privileged" president is.

It not irrelevant when someone is purportedly so overwhelmed by someone shouting "nigger" from a passing vehicle that he has to go on a hunger strike then the first thing his friends say when he ends that strike are "Wooo, shit nigger!" and "Yeah, nigger!" (If you don't believe me, watch the video).

You have a right in America to say what you wish, as long as it doesn't threaten or command actual harm to someone (as those two fired protesting faculty did). You don't have the right not to be offended, nor do you have the right to demand censorship of a word, any word.

Also, there hardly were "loads of things going on in the campus that disadvantaged and distressed certain students." Everyone today has a video camera. Videos have come out refuting half of what the protestors claimed.

As for the right not to be "distressed" well, grow up. Well-to-do, middle and upper-class college students really have little to complain about so they have to fabricate issues where none exist. I've attended or taught at nearly a dozen colleges. For the most part, race issues were a non issue, they simply didn't exist unless someone decided that they would fabricate them to make a point. US universities can be some of the most culturally diverse places on earth. We have people from literally every other country on earth attending our colleges. Most students and faculty relish in the diversity.
No Flag arriah
Dragoon

Post by arriah »

Metis wrote:It's not irrelevant when someone who has a microphone and is shouting about his "chains" and "oppression" and who demands that a university president publicly admit his "white privilege" is the son of a wealthy corporate executive who is worth twenty times what that supposedly "privileged" president is.

It not irrelevant when someone is purportedly so overwhelmed by someone shouting "nigger" from a passing vehicle that he has to go on a hunger strike then the first thing his friends say when he ends that strike are "Wooo, shit nigger!" and "Yeah, nigger!" (If you don't believe me, watch the video).

Your first argument is so ridiculous. So because I have privilege in one area that means I'm not allowed to talk about any issues that affect me, ever? It is irrelevant because the power dynamic of a white person calling a black person "nigger" without his permission is different.

Metis wrote:You have a right in America to say what you wish, as long as it doesn't threaten or command actual harm to someone (as those two fired protesting faculty did). You don't have the right not to be offended, nor do you have the right to demand censorship of a word, any word.

You do have the right to free speech. You also have the right to protest. Your point?

Metis wrote:Also, there hardly were "loads of things going on in the campus that disadvantaged and distressed certain students." Everyone today has a video camera. Videos have come out refuting half of what the protestors claimed.

Did you even read the article I linked to ages ago? This was about more than the swastika.

Metis wrote:As for the right not to be "distressed" well, grow up.

No one said you have the right not to be distressed, you are putting words in my mouth. I just don't get why you are crying so hard because someone exercised their right to protest.

Metis wrote:Well-to-do, middle and upper-class college students really have little to complain about so they have to fabricate issues where none exist. I've attended or taught at nearly a dozen colleges. For the most part, race issues were a non issue, they simply didn't exist unless someone decided that they would fabricate them to make a point. US universities can be some of the most culturally diverse places on earth. We have people from literally every other country on earth attending our colleges. Most students and faculty relish in the diversity.

I suppose you're the expert on these things. You're the expert on everything, including everyone's lives and everyday experiences. :roll:
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Post by fightinfrenchman »

Someone sent in Stonemasons, because these walls of text are being raised so quickly!
Dromedary Scone Mix is not Alone Mix
United States of America evilcheadar
Gendarme

Post by evilcheadar »

Metis wrote:
evilcheadar wrote:Don't bump old threads

I added new, relevant information to a thread I started, that's not a bump. If you live in the US you would know that this is an ongoing issue. There was a report on the local new about it just this evening. If you are not interested in the topic then free to stay in the threads about "popcorn" and "Pu$$y".

It's just the rules, old threads are to go to dust. Why do you think I belong in those threads? I'm into talking about anything really.
A post not made is a post given away

A slushie a day keeps the refill thread at bay

Jackson Pollock was the best poster to ever to post on these forums
Howdah

Post by Metis »

evilcheadar wrote:It's just the rules, old threads are to go to dust. Why do you think I belong in those threads? I'm into talking about anything really.

The last post in this thread was less than a week old. How short of an attention span do you have that you consider news less than a week old "old"?
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Metis wrote:
evilcheadar wrote:It's just the rules, old threads are to go to dust. Why do you think I belong in those threads? I'm into talking about anything really.

The last post in this thread was less than a week old. How short of an attention span do you have that you consider news less than a week old "old"?

I've been scolded for bumping inactive threads before, I think he's just trying to make sure you don't get in trouble
United States of America evilcheadar
Gendarme

Post by evilcheadar »

Metis wrote:

It's very easy to get hauled away by the mods on here for such an apparently innocuous infraction. Be warned before continuing dangerous activity like this.
A post not made is a post given away

A slushie a day keeps the refill thread at bay

Jackson Pollock was the best poster to ever to post on these forums
Howdah

Post by Metis »

@arriah

If these upper-middle-class Black students were really being oppressed it might be one thing. However, as college students, they are some of the most privileged people in America, not to mention the world. Even if they have to work hard to pay for it, which their "leader" definitely doesn't have to do, it's still a privilege to be able to attend college. That they demand that White people stay out of their "Black-only safe zones" probably has the real civil right activists of the 50s, who worked long and hard to have segregation abolished, rolling over in their graves or slapping their heads in dismay.

They shout about how the "Black man" is "gunned down in the street" but don't seem to realize that it's not Whites doing this.

In 2,491 single-victim, single offender murders of Blacks in 2013, the race of the offender was Black in 2,245 cases and White in only 189 cases. (FBI data).

If these privileged Black college students want a "safe zone" then they would be better off hanging around Whites than they would their fellow Blacks.

https://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ucr/c ... r_2013.xls
No Flag arriah
Dragoon

Post by arriah »

Metis wrote:@arriah
If these upper-middle-class Black students were really being oppressed it might be one thing. However, as college students, they are some of the most privileged people in America, not to mention the world. Even if they have to work hard to pay for it, which their "leader" definitely doesn't have to do, it's still a privilege to be able to attend college. That they demand that White people stay out of their "Black-only safe zones" probably has the real civil right activists of the 50s, who worked long and hard to have segregation abolished, rolling over in their graves or slapping their heads in dismay.

Being college students doesn't make them not people of color or groups of other minorities, and I can't even bother when you pretend to know what civil rights activists would think about this.

Metis wrote:They shout about how the "Black man" is "gunned down in the street" but don't seem to realize that it's not Whites doing this.

In 2,491 single-victim, single offender murders of Blacks in 2013, the race of the offender was Black in 2,245 cases and White in only 189 cases. (FBI data).

If these privileged Black college students want a "safe zone" then they would be better off hanging around Whites than they would their fellow Blacks.

https://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ucr/c ... r_2013.xls

you should really stop watching Fox News. The fallacy behind this argument has been pointed out only a million times.
Howdah

Post by Metis »

You are going to have to expand on how my presenting homicide data showing that most murders of Blacks are committed by Blacks leads to a fallacy. Also, I don't know where you are from but the FBI isn't Fox News, it's an investigative agency of the US government.
No Flag arriah
Dragoon

Post by arriah »

Metis wrote:You are going to have to expand on how my presenting homicide data showing that most murders of Blacks are committed by Blacks leads to a fallacy. Also, I don't know where you are from but the FBI isn't Fox News, it's an investigative agency of the US government.

Because you have linked Fox several times and Fox always makes this BS argument every time a black person is killed.

Just google "black on black crime fallacy", then I don't have to waste my time restating what's already written.
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Metis wrote:You are going to have to expand on how my presenting homicide data showing that most murders of Blacks are committed by Blacks leads to a fallacy. Also, I don't know where you are from but the FBI isn't Fox News, it's an investigative agency of the US government.

Honest question, what is your point in presenting this info?
Howdah

Post by Metis »

arriah wrote:
Because you have linked Fox several times and Fox always makes this BS argument every time a black person is killed.

Just google "black on black crime fallacy", then I don't have to waste my time restating what's already written.

Notice what you just did here? You failed to even try to logically prove why my argument was fallacious while at the same time presenting your own fallacies.

"Fox always makes a BS argument every time a Black person is killed." -- False. The use of "always" is almost always a fallacy in and of itself as very few things are universal "It's the "all crows are black" fallacy. I can completely refute a universal statement by finding only one counter example.

Once again, and for the final time where you are concerned, Fox News (I'm not talking about the opinion shows but the printed news), obtains their news feeds from the same organizations, such as AP news, as do most of the other news channels.

Fox News simply reports the news here, they give no argument:

A five-month-old baby girl has been killed in a drive-by shooting in Cleveland. Aavielle Wakefield is the third child to be shot dead on the city's streets in a month. The child was in the car with her mother, who was driving, and at least one other person, according to police. She was hit on the chest and died after being taken to University Hospitals. The child was the only person shot in the tragedy, which occurred in a neighborhood a few miles southeast of the city center on Thursday. Police suspect the gunfire came from an apartment building, but reports suggest no immediate arrests have been made.

ABC uses appeal to emotion to plump up their version of the same story.

Five-month-old Aavielle Wakefield -- who was shot to death in Cleveland earlier this month -- was laid to rest today, with her heartbroken family crying as they walked behind her tiny, white coffin on the way to her gravesite.
On the night of Oct. 1, Aavielle was in her car seat riding with family when shots rang out. A bullet tore through the car door and into her chest.
Her grandmother frantically called 911, trying to get help, saying: “I need the police. I need an ambulance. Someone is shooting at our car, and they shot the baby!" But it was too late.
Police Chief Calvin Williams says these kids are innocent victims in the epidemic of murders plaguing that city.

Your second statement reminds be of the college dropout who said that he was smarter than a PhD because he didn't have to learn anything, he could just Google any information he wanted. Good luck, fellow, in trying to get a job with that attitude or even trying to solve a real-world problem. Also, if you disparage a news organization for its purported BS then what makes Internet OP-eds any better? I presented you with data clearly showing that more Blacks murder Blacks than Whites murder Blacks. If this doesn't refute the claim that Whites are gunning Blacks down in the street then what does?

Remember Arriah, that being argumentative and logically arguing are not the same thing.
Howdah

Post by Metis »

fightinfrenchman wrote:Honest question, what is your point in presenting this info?

To refute the protestors, who were insinuating that Whites were gunning Blacks down in the streets.

In general, Whites kill far fewer Blacks than Blacks kill Whites (see the data above). Specifically for police shootings, of the 1012 police killings that the Guardian tracked this year, 32 involved unarmed blacks. However, "unarmed" doesn't necessarily mean "not a threat." At the same time, 36 unarmed Whites were killed.

Unauthorized and unwarranted police killings are a problem. but it's not just a Black problem.
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Metis wrote:
fightinfrenchman wrote:Honest question, what is your point in presenting this info?

To refute the protestors, who were insinuating that Whites were gunning Blacks down in the streets.

Is that what they were "insinuating?" Seems like you're just attacking a strawman
No Flag arriah
Dragoon

Post by arriah »

Metis wrote:
arriah wrote:

Notice what you just did here? You failed to even try to logically prove why my argument was fallacious while at the same time presenting your own fallacies.

"Fox always makes a BS argument every time a Black person is killed." -- False. The use of "always" is almost always a fallacy in and of itself as very few things are universal "It's the "all crows are black" fallacy. I can completely refute a universal statement by finding only one counter example.

Once again, and for the final time where you are concerned, Fox News (I'm not talking about the opinion shows but the printed news), obtains their news feeds from the same organizations, such as AP news, as do most of the other news channels.

Fox News simply reports the news here, they give no argument:

A five-month-old baby girl has been killed in a drive-by shooting in Cleveland. Aavielle Wakefield is the third child to be shot dead on the city's streets in a month. The child was in the car with her mother, who was driving, and at least one other person, according to police. She was hit on the chest and died after being taken to University Hospitals. The child was the only person shot in the tragedy, which occurred in a neighborhood a few miles southeast of the city center on Thursday. Police suspect the gunfire came from an apartment building, but reports suggest no immediate arrests have been made.

ABC uses appeal to emotion to plump up their version of the same story.

Five-month-old Aavielle Wakefield -- who was shot to death in Cleveland earlier this month -- was laid to rest today, with her heartbroken family crying as they walked behind her tiny, white coffin on the way to her gravesite.
On the night of Oct. 1, Aavielle was in her car seat riding with family when shots rang out. A bullet tore through the car door and into her chest.
Her grandmother frantically called 911, trying to get help, saying: “I need the police. I need an ambulance. Someone is shooting at our car, and they shot the baby!" But it was too late.
Police Chief Calvin Williams says these kids are innocent victims in the epidemic of murders plaguing that city.

Your second statement reminds be of the college dropout who said that he was smarter than a PhD because he didn't have to learn anything, he could just Google any information he wanted. Good luck, fellow, in trying to get a job with that attitude or even trying to solve a real-world problem. Also, if you disparage a news organization for its purported BS then what makes Internet OP-eds any better? I presented you with data clearly showing that more Blacks murder Blacks than Whites murder Blacks. If this doesn't refute the claim that Whites are gunning Blacks down in the street then what does?

Remember Arriah, that being argumentative and logically arguing are not the same thing.

hahahahahahaha you're arguing about the credibility of Fox News claims with my obvious exaggeration and people call me the troll.
No Flag arriah
Dragoon

Post by arriah »

Metis wrote:

Black people are more likely to be killed by police even when unarmed. You're argument was completely flawed based off irrelevant data.

For someone who is so condescending towards everyone who's not a "scientist", you sure as hell suck at interpreting data.
Howdah

Post by Metis »

arriah wrote:
you sure as hell suck at interpreting data.

I am not going to respond to you any more unless you present a valid argument. Obtain and compile the data and logically argue your point. Just saying that I "suck" isn't going to cut it.
No Flag arriah
Dragoon

Post by arriah »

Metis wrote:
arriah wrote:

I am not going to respond to you any more unless you present a valid argument. Obtain and compile the data and logically argue your point. Just saying that I "suck" isn't going to cut it.

Why don't you present a valid argument seeing as how none of yours so far fall under in that category
Howdah

Post by Metis »

arriah wrote:
Metis wrote:
arriah wrote:

Why don't you present a valid argument seeing as how none of yours so far fall under in that category

OK, no argument. I'll just ignore you from now on.
No Flag arriah
Dragoon

Post by arriah »

Metis wrote:
arriah wrote:
Show hidden quotes

OK, no argument. I'll just ignore you from now on.

You constantly insult everyone with passive aggressive and condescending remarks, and then when you get backed into a corner because your own arguments fail you play the "poor me, you insulted me :' " card
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

Lol Metis, your inner redneck is showing recently ;)

I guess someone had to make up for the lack of Dragonlegend. Deep down we all miss him.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

Is this the topic that made metis leave lol?
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Jerom wrote:Is this the topic that made metis leave lol?

I'm not really sure why he left, but his racist ramblings were getting a bit ridiculous