Korea South Vinyanyérë
Retired Contributor
Donator 06
ESO: duolckrad, Kuvira
Clan: 팀 하우스

Ro16 schedule and a note on casting

Post by Vinyanyérë »

Hi everyone,

I'm putting up the tentative Ro16 schedule for this weekend. I'll be reaching out to casters to see if anyone's available to cast scheduled games, but I'm not going to be able to make guarantees that everything will be casted this round. Once the Ro8 starts I'll be trying to be a little more proactive about getting the schedule ready and finding casters sooner.

As you probably know, for the major tournaments ESOC requires that casters are drawn from an approved ESOC casters list. This is a good rule to have in place because it keeps production values high, but it isn't needed for the 2nd Chance Tournament which tries to keep things fairly loose by design. As a result, our rules differ from main tournaments in that anyone, including non-approved casters, are allowed to cast 2nd Chance games on their personal channels.

This has a few caveats, however:
  • If multiple people are able to cast a game but some are ESOC-approved and some are not, the ESOC-approved casters get preference. This is because they can cast on ESOCTV, which is likely to draw a greater number of viewers than a personal channel, and is easier for us to convert to a Youtube VOD.
  • If you are an ESOC-approved caster, please use ESOCTV to cast instead of your personal channel, unless your co-caster is not approved. This is for the same reason as above.
  • If you are a player, you accept some risk in allowing non-approved casters to cast your games. We have no way of vetting these streams to ensure that map-checking is not biased, the caster is not providing information to one player, the stream delay is properly set, etc. In turn, you as a player have a right to deny casting from any non-approved caster at your discretion.

Onto the schedule:

Note: This schedule is subject to change at any time. We always try to stream as much as possible, however, matches in this schedule may not be casted due to the lack of casters available at specific times. Series which are stricken through are being played, but not streamed. Want to get your match casted? Schedule a specific (GMT) time and tag the media team. This schedule will be updated as more matches are scheduled

All times are in GMT.

Saturday (20/01)
10:00 - 12:00
aligator92 vs. loloekie10

14:00 - 16:00
Jerom_ vs. loOk_tOm

20:00 - 22:00
QueenOfdestiny vs. SVmerle

Sunday (21/01)
19:00 - 21:00
Jerimuno vs. RSY
duck