For the tournament,mirror is boring.

China wookl
Skirmisher
ESO: wookl

Post by wookl »

yes,everyone want to win,but too many mirror.it is so boring,the tournament will be boring.
we want to see the different civ how to confront,and want to see more wonderful games.
United States of America giveuanxiety
Advanced Player
Donator 02
ESO: GiveUAnxiety

Post by giveuanxiety »

this is more opinion based and we cant force players not to play mirrors. Besides there are plenty of non mirror games in the tournament.
Lasol wrote: :hmm: just Saw a YouTube video with giveyouanexiaty. He Said check youre stove, if you Want to improve youre aoe3 skills.

WHAT does check your stove means? And how do you do it?
China wookl
Skirmisher
ESO: wookl

Post by wookl »

we should make a rule like no mirror in the next tournament.
player need submit the match civ to staff and don't allow to change.
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

I disagree, vs some players I get raped in some MUs like japan vs india or fre vs brit even if it is fair while I win them in fre/brit and india mirror.
Great Britain WickedCossack
Retired Contributor

Post by WickedCossack »

1.8 - Players must be respectable to each other when selecting civilizations in a game. Players cannot intentionally change to unfair match-ups, or otherwise be difficult to agree to a match-up. The tournament staff reserves the right to two possible outcomes. 1. If only one player is deemed challenging, then that player will be forced to pick their civilization first. 2. If both players are disagreeable then blind pick will be enforced. This decision is made by the staff.

I guess this works both ways. Refusing to play any non-mirror MU is probably pushing it too far ...
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

wickedcossack wrote:
1.8 - Players must be respectable to each other when selecting civilizations in a game. Players cannot intentionally change to unfair match-ups, or otherwise be difficult to agree to a match-up. The tournament staff reserves the right to two possible outcomes. 1. If only one player is deemed challenging, then that player will be forced to pick their civilization first. 2. If both players are disagreeable then blind pick will be enforced. This decision is made by the staff.
I guess this works both ways. Refusing to play any non-mirror MU is probably pushing it too far ...
imo if one change his civ to always force a mirror while the other tries to counter civ, we should force a mirror.
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

ew, this discussion again

only mirroring your opponent is also an asshole move
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote:
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

Part of strategy is trying to use the advantages of your civilisation and abuse your opponents disadvantages as much as possible. Mirrors are usually quite a bit more boring, because both players go for the same build and make the same unit composition. But of course better players want to play mirrors, they have the better mechanics (often also the better strategies but still), so it's harder to lose based on that.
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

There are small strategic decisions in mirrors as well.

I just find mirrors boring
Garja wrote:
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
No Flag blackstarop
Skirmisher

Post by blackstarop »

Mirrors show who is the better player mechanic wise.Non mirrors are just random mostly,not decided by skill.
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

blackstar wrote:Mirrors show who is the better player mechanic wise.Non mirrors are just random mostly,not decided by skill.
Yeah mirrors are won because of skill. It is boring because it is always the same strat but we''re in a tourney.
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

I wonder if people will ever realise that there's more to this game than mechanics.
Great Britain WickedCossack
Retired Contributor

Post by WickedCossack »

calmyourtits wrote:I wonder if people will ever realise that there''s more to this game than mechanics.
Some people will never realise. :-/
United States of America SoldieR
Pro Player
ESO: SoldieR

Post by SoldieR »

calmyourtits wrote:I wonder if people will ever realise that there''s more to this game than mechanics.
This so hard.

The hardest thing about this game is understanding each matchup and choosing the correct strategy or adaptation to matchups.

Mirrors are typically decided by hunts or gold, or yes, people that spam that specific mirror the most will win because they know the best strategy in that bland mu.
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

whos talking about mechanics, niga we just appreciating strategy
Garja wrote:
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

Well I don't really appreciate mechanics as much I appreciate the strategic decisions.
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Post by zoom »

First of all the idea that mirrors are boring is merely an opinion and not a fact. Second of all, even if every single viewer were to think mirrors are boring it is still completely irrelevant as to the civilization rules. This is a competitive tournament.

The reasonable thing to do here is to say: "I think mirrors are boring as shit. Please play less mirrors you fucking nerds. Thank you kindly."
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

incog wrote:whos talking about mechanics, niga we just appreciating strategy

Can you stop the racial slurs? How can you say such things and be a mod?
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

umeu wrote:
incog wrote:whos talking about mechanics, niga we just appreciating strategy

Can you stop the racial slurs? How can you say such things and be a mod?
Trolling?
No Flag bart331
Lancer
Donator 01

Post by bart331 »

Incog had had better posts
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

iamsoldier wrote:
calmyourtits wrote:I wonder if people will ever realise that theres more to this game than mechanics.
This so hard.

The hardest thing about this game is understanding each matchup and choosing the correct strategy or adaptation to matchups.

Mirrors are typically decided by hunts or gold, or yes, people that spam that specific mirror the most will win because they know the best strategy in that bland mu.

I dont get it, the strategies for almost all matchups have been discovered already, which ones are so hard?
last time i cryed was because i stood on Lego
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

ovi12 wrote:
iamsoldier wrote:This so hard.

I dont get it, the strategies for almost all matchups have been discovered already, which ones are so hard?
Lol they arent xD. I think that no one is played russia right atm.
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

diarouga wrote:
ovi12 wrote:I dont get it, the strategies for almost all matchups have been discovered already, which ones are so hard?
Lol they arent xD. I think that no one is played russia right atm.
What? You kindda just contradicted yourself lol, you said the strategies are not hard to figure out but then you said no one has igured out how to play russia correctly in any MU
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

ovi12 wrote:
diarouga wrote:Lol they arent xD. I think that no one is played russia right atm.
What? You kindda just contradicted yourself lol, you said the strategies are not hard to figure out but then you said no one has igured out how to play russia correctly in any MU

I didnt say that the strategies arent hard to find lol.
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

diarouga wrote:
ovi12 wrote:What? You kindda just contradicted yourself lol, you said the strategies are not hard to figure out but then you said no one has igured out how to play russia correctly in any MU

I didnt say that the strategies arent hard to find lol.
What did you mean by "lol they arent?" And also, arent 99% of the mus dicovered already? For example with germany always cav or bow pike semi ff, with spain always ff, with india most of the times 600w 300e or 5 sepoy first, with french mostly musk huss or semi ff, etc.