A Farewell to His Manclness, _H2O, Dictator of ESOC

China fei123456
Jaeger
ESO: fei123456

Post by fei123456 »

diarouga wrote:@jerom Do you now understand why we didn''t publish the notes before?
Because people, including you, are talking about balance changes while they haven''t tested it yet.
Some changes can seem small, the otto one, the port one and the dutch one but really they are balanced civs now.

Do you remember that -2% exp and nerfed shipments put spain from top civ to underpowered?
That -1v, +100c, -50% bank exp, +bank wagon killed dutch?

These are small changes and totally changed the balance. Trust us when we say that port is now a good civ, that dutch is playable and that otto isn''t broken.
it''s asian civs that killed spain and dutch.
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

paul wrote:
diarouga wrote:@jerom Do you now understand why we didnt publish the notes before?
Because people, including you, are talking about balance changes while they havent tested it yet.
Some changes can seem small, the otto one, the port one and the dutch one but really they are balanced civs now.

Do you remember that -2% exp and nerfed shipments put spain from top civ to underpowered?
That -1v, +100c, -50% bank exp, +bank wagon killed dutch?

These are small changes and totally changed the balance. Trust us when we say that port is now a good civ, that dutch is playable and that otto isnt broken.
its asian civs that killed spain and dutch.
Not true, dutch and spain do well vs TAD civs.
Spain can beat china/japan even if theyre not favoured and dutch vs india is perfectly fair imo and dutch do well vs china.
China fei123456
Jaeger

Post by fei123456 »

the changes are good, but iro is so weak now.
iro units without cards are weak. without a tp iro has bad eco in early age 2(less vills, no steel trap), and bad units too. how can iro deal with ff/semiff and 2 cannons? or gurkha zamburak? naginata ashigaru yumi?
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Post by zoom »

The only Iroquois unit that is weak without cards is the Tomahawk, and that's barely worse than a Musketeer. Factoring in the Warchief aura it's actually better than a Musketeer...

Testing has shown Iroquois to still be competitive. That's all I can say personally.
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

paul wrote:the changes are good, but iro is so weak now.
iro units without cards are weak. without a tp iro has bad eco in early age 2(less vills, no steel trap), and bad units too. how can iro deal with ff/semiff and 2 cannons? or gurkha zamburak? naginata ashigaru yumi?

I have 5 fp recs where I rape india as iro, one where mitoe rapes my chinese and one where I beat France.
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

We will be releasing a replay pack so as to give everyone some food for thought. :)
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote:
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
Germany yemshi
Jaeger
ESO: yemshi

Post by yemshi »

A black_thought!
No Flag mongobillione
Dragoon
Donator 02

Post by mongobillione »

is the fanpatch in english only?
No Flag mongobillione
Dragoon
Donator 02

Post by mongobillione »

mnogud wrote:CAN ANYONE PLS EXPLAIN ME WHY DON''T EURO VILS GET TO BUILD TCs ?

yea lol they aaid its gona happen...
China fei123456
Jaeger

Post by fei123456 »

zoom wrote:The only Iroquois unit that is weak without cards is the Tomahawk, and that''s barely worse than a Musketeer. Factoring in the Warchief aura it''s actually better than a Musketeer...

Testing has shown Iroquois to still be competitive. That''s all I can say personally.

really? kanya is shit. even with 15% aura they lose to hussar.
Germany fard
Dragoon
ESO: Fard

Post by fard »

incog wrote:We will be releasing a replay pack so as to give everyone some food for thought. :)

U rly think we gna use ur shiddie bo''s? cmon, we (TGR) gna show u how to play on ya fp
LEL
China fei123456
Jaeger

Post by fei123456 »

diarouga wrote:
paul wrote:the changes are good, but iro is so weak now.
I have 5 fp recs where I rape india as iro, one where mitoe rapes my chinese and one where I beat France.

oh really? whats your BO then? even in this patch i think iro vs india is 50-50 or 55-45.
also, its better to give cetan bow 2 range istead of 10 hp i think.
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme

Post by zoom »

paul wrote:
zoom wrote:The only Iroquois unit that is weak without cards is the Tomahawk, and thats barely worse than a Musketeer. Factoring in the Warchief aura its actually better than a Musketeer...

Testing has shown Iroquois to still be competitive. Thats all I can say personally.
One on one, sure. Not per cost.
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

paul wrote:
zoom wrote:The only Iroquois unit that is weak without cards is the Tomahawk, and thats barely worse than a Musketeer. Factoring in the Warchief aura its actually better than a Musketeer...

Testing has shown Iroquois to still be competitive. Thats all I can say personally.
kanye wests are op
Russia yurashic
Howdah
ESO: Yurashic

Post by yurashic »

marco1698 wrote:Cascade, Tibet, bengal are great maps for Otto still, if we consider we can replace tp with church + speed vills production. Anyway, in general rush on eso maps doesn''t work as good as on standard maps because opponent has got all his resources in his base

No, those are terrible maps for Ottomans. They need at least 2 tps and mosque 0.7 is not even close to tp 1.25. Mosque now costs more as well.

People who suggest removing 1 wood crate from Ottomans are very wrong because it will make their starting tp available only with 300 wood start, and without that tp they lose to every civ.
Great Britain samwise12
Pro Player
Summer 2015 winner
ESO: Samwise12

Post by samwise12 »

whats wrong with chopping the 100w like alot of other civs
China fei123456
Jaeger

Post by fei123456 »

zoom wrote:
paul wrote:really? kanya is shit. even with 15% aura they lose to hussar.
One on one, sure. Not per cost.

they are still shit per vs.
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

samwise12 wrote:
incog wrote:Yeah I agree with diarougas post there. As someone who has been on the receiving end of Ottos SR. Yes, they age up with 500w when you send that card. In fact its more than possible to go 3v, Silk Road and still have a shipment ready when you hit Colonial.

Ottos colonial units remained nerfed, they have a better economy to compensate for it, but their economy still isnt good. Time to test out the patch for yourselves. Again, remember that if balance still isnt good (which it wont realistically be), then we will be able to adjust that in the future patch. :)
You wont have a shipment ready if you send 3v and silk road age 1. In fact even in the best case scenario silk road will arrive just before you hit age 2 and you have a fairly long wait until the 3rd shipment. Even with the better crates Otto eco is underwhelming compared with almost all euro + TAD civs. Although i was saying we should keep -100 wood, everyone else seemed to disagree. Abus play a big factor in their age 2 play imo, and as musket has already said its such a large investment for Otto to get vet abus with their standard FF style. From the test games i played, i came to the conclusion that if otto were to play this eco heavy style with silk road they just felt too slow with everything else, and most civs on the ESO-C maps could exploit that.
Did you remember to only gather 80w from starting crates, finish gathering the crates after SR arrives, and building a second TP with the extra wood?
last time i cryed was because i stood on Lego
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

oxaloacetate wrote:
jerom wrote:It feels as if ottomans -100 starting wood is missing. As in, did you forget to include this change in the notes?
jerom wrote:Im not too happy with california and cascade range either tbh.

But everything better than the current qs map pool.
jerom wrote:I think otto couldve used a -100w nerf personally.
jerom wrote:The silk road change is just.. no. You cant do that if you have disagreed on tons of other potential changes because you dont want to change the way the game works. But whatever.
jerom wrote:Oh, I didnt notice the Japan change. Rip Japan FI.
Dude, can you please stop? .____.

Well, the otto one isnt because Id really argue the balance but because I feel like itd have improved the initial reception of the patch. In the end, the balance is still prettt broad, with civs ranging from russia to aztec in terms of strength, so an otto that is a little bit weak isnt the end of the world.

Regarding the silk road change, I dont care particulary much but it doesnt match the way they treated many other potential changes. Its okay though, could be nice I guess. Btw, if they want to go that far in balance changes, they should consider changing it up like they did in fp1.2. People really liked it back then.

Also, Japan FI died lol. You dont need to test it to know that it died as it was barely viable in the first place.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

diarouga wrote:
paul wrote:its asian civs that killed spain and dutch.
Not true, dutch and spain do well vs TAD civs.
Spain can beat china/japan even if theyre not favoured and dutch vs india is perfectly fair imo and dutch do well vs china.

dutch is strong on nilla because skirms are OP there, and had the bank wagon + 7 vill start + bank xp on twc. So they did remove a full vill and bank xp, which are pretty big changes. But well, it also made them go from OP to UP.
United States of America musketeer925
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: musketeer925

Post by musketeer925 »

mnogobillione wrote:is the fanpatch in english only?
Any strings we''ve modified will be in English (so, like, 5-6 of them) while the rest of your game will remain in the language it is currently.

If you''d like to provide translations of those few strings for other languages we can work that in.
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme

Post by zoom »

It's dead because you now only get one shipment, a Daimyo and a unit & train-time discount?

#brutal
No Flag mongobillione
Dragoon
Donator 02

Post by mongobillione »

musketeer925 wrote:
mnogobillione wrote:is the fanpatch in english only?
Any strings weve modified will be in English (so, like, 5-6 of them) while the rest of your game will remain in the language it is currently.

If youd like to provide translations of those few strings for other languages we can work that in.
well yea sure but only languege i can translate to is german :/
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

zoom wrote:It''s dead because you now only get one shipment, a Daimyo and a unit & train-time discount?

#brutal

well you used to get three and badly needed those to get aj army going. But something that wasnt viable at the top level wont be viable and my level after getting nerfed I think.