Problem logging in with my old account

Netherlands TmC_Necrote
Crossbow
ESO: Necrote

Problem logging in with my old account

Post by TmC_Necrote »

Hello there,

I want to play some aoe3 for nostalgic sake but I am encountering the following problems. I have all the original CD's + expansions and product keys. Because the games are at my parents place I decided to download the games online then use my own original product keys to login. For TAD this works fine. The first problem I am encountering is that I cannot login with my old account 'Necrote'. I have guessed about 50 different variations of my passwords but nothing works. Which is weird, because I remember playing this game around 2013 and the password wasn't an issue back then. Anyway, so now I want to retrieve my password or be sent a new one by that ESO password recovery teal. It asks my for my original Aoe3 Produt Key and Product ID. To get my Product ID I need to login to aoe3 first. When I enter my Product Key to do so it says 'invalid prodyct key'! I am 100% sure I am using the correct key and it's also an original one. What to do now? Thanks.
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05
ESO: EAGLEMUT
Clan: WPact

Re: Problem logging in with my old account

Post by EAGLEMUT »

Hello, for the recovery tool input you would need your original base game CD key and original base game Product ID (not of an expansion). This, I assume, would require you to go to your parents' place and retrieve the information there. It sounds to me like you are using Product ID of your current TAD installation, which is neither the base vanilla game, nor installed from the original CDs on which the account was created.
Netherlands TmC_Necrote
Crossbow
ESO: Necrote

Re: Problem logging in with my old account

Post by TmC_Necrote »

Hello, thanks for your reply. I did not install the game through CD (my laptop doesn't have a CD input and the games are at my parents place), however, my brother sent me a picture of all the product keys. The TAD-key works on the TAD game launcher but the vanilla one doesn't work on vanilla, and it's the vanilla one I need to login to to get my product ID and retrieve my password.