China doesnt have a weak eco lol their units are basically free, 10 china vills with no ups is like 13, 14 upgraded vills from other civs, no joke.
If you ever play china in a treaty game or ffa or whatever with 119 vills summer palace, confucian academy (also technically a factory locked on artillery) the porcelain tower, Russian factory... you will literally never run out of resources no matter how bad you trade vs someone (apart from wood).
China barely needs eco at all in 1v1 supremacy, honestly
It's how unviable natives for a few reasons but the main one is that you don't even need to scout it since you can see the icon on top of the players names !!
Wouldn't be a good idea to remove the native icon and maybe even the tp icon of the players names?? If is possible of course!!
That way things like natives would be a lot more viable and games would be more interesting!!
Sun Tzu - The art of war
I am absolutly agree with this, i know this thing exist since the begining but it's a non sence to me. Same thing with tp but tp is style prety strong.
Essentially, Nat rushing on such maps becomes potentially very powerful, since you can start off with very early pressure due to Nat. Treaties and Nats being trained quite fast in general, while also having the potential for a good followup with more military shipments, 700w for eco or 700c for age, which you wouldn't have otherwise.
Just as an example: if i am thinking about the botto vs callen sioux vs otto match on iowa, nat rushing might actually be better than double jan rushing in that case with this change, since you get one Tp worth of Xp in both cases + a mosque whcih you wont get on 300w start with double rax, + a much better composition that also beats Cetan Warhut due to Lakota. Essentially, you can invest in eco and military at the same time at a relatively low price + get a great value shipment in age 2 and some good techs later in the game (Bisons, dog soldiers, in the very late game inca train speed is pretty useful etc.).
edit: also remember we are talking about an TP map here. The effect is obviously even more pronounced and ridiculous on No-Tp Maps, esp. ones that also don't have water. If Technically possible the best change really would be removing the Nat-TP-Icon Imho.
Who (nationality) rape ?
stupid logic. noob players can say op?
toxic, Insult, Racism ?
The rush honestly also doesn't seem that strong, most civs can hold it fairly well. And Iro with fast age to age2 is kinda stuck there afterwards. Just watch eg Kaiser sometimes lose with age 2 iro vs worse players.
Sure, Iro is fairly flexible, but they have downsides as well: one of the weakest ecos in game (stagecoach is nice ofc, but I've seen countless games of Iro going SC FF and just losing to a late age2 push (eg Dutch or Brits) or an aggressive FF.
Iro units aside from FP aren't actually that amazing, either, especially without WC (even pros lose him fairly often). Sure their units are good with 3 cards, but that goes for all civs (Brit, dutch, France etc). Iro also doesn't get 2 falcs or anything.
EP 22.214.171.124 Beta3 [2019-10-28]
changelog since EP 126.96.36.199 Beta2
- Fixed a failure to load fonts when opening recorded games using the Recorded Games Recognition tool.
ESOC Patch bug fixes
- Fixed shipment arrival message of Indian Distributivism misleadingly referring to the card as Agrarianism.
- Recalculated Monastery XP bounties to correct values (45/90 from 20/40).
- Admiralty now correctly affects the European version of Imperial Men-o'-War upgrade.
- Garrochista Lancer unique model/art now activates upon researching the Garrochistas upgrade.
- Corrected references to Crossbows/Longbows in texts (-> Crossbowmen/Longbowmen).
- Fixed an inconsistency where the second Chinese Monk's Stun ability had different ranges than the initial Chinese Monk's Stun ability.
- Stagecoach & Iron Horse shared LoS fully enabled for all six expansion civilizations (previously only available to The Warchiefs civilizations in Campaign or when a match was started in the Post-Industrial/Post-Imperial Age).
- Fixed Mongolian & Black Flag banner-armies not spawning properly from Blockhouse.
- Summer Palace can now be configured to spawn Mongolian & Black Flag banner-armies.
ESOC Patch map changes
- UIx ESOC Lumaco: added new map by @Rikikipu!
- UIx ESOC Herald Island: changed terrain type to fix bright issues, added buildable terrain type on top of the map, disabled docks.
- UIx ESOC Mendocino: reduced TC distance between members of each team.
- UIx ESOC Manchac: added land terrain on top of TCs.
- UIx ESOC Iowa: revamped entire map, removed lakes.
- UIx ESOC Wadmalaw: remove cliffs, should smooth the map flow.
- UIx ESOC Tassili: changed map design a bit.
- UIx ESOC Thar Desert: added more starting trees, made them and the starting mine closer to the TC.
- UIx ESOC Kamchatka: starting treasure is now always a free macaque, slightly increased number of treasures on map.
- UIx ESOC Tibet: starting treasure is now always a free macaque.
- An error message is now displayed to observers running on an unsupported resolution.
- Fixed an issue in restored game rooms that prevented the host from seeing AI players and being able to ready them up, in order to start the game.
- AI players in restored game rooms are now ready by default.
- Fixed an issue where the observer interface wouldn't show up in restored games.
ESOC Patch balance changes
– Before Colonial Age, rescued warriors (treasure rewards) now do 1/4 damage to heroes and villagers
– Outlaw Rifleman (treasure guardian) range and line of sight decreased from 18 and 20 to 15 and 17, respectively
– Pirate (treasure guardian) hitpoints decreased from 600 to 400
– 100c dynamic ("random") starting crate spawn removed (does not impact the 100f+100c spawn)
– Starting Town Center building placement minimum range no longer applies to Trading Posts
– Native Embassy now available to Chinese, Indians, and Japanese
– British Allies hitpoints bonus decreased from 10% to 5%
– Fortress Age councils and politicians (not wonders), except for "The Exiled Prince" and "The Messenger" research points decreased from 110 to 105
– "2 Flatland Castles", "2 Hill Castles" and "3 Mountain Castles" shipments decreased to 1, 1, and 2 Castles, respectively (descriptions and names updated accordingly) [revert]
– Halberdier attack decreased from 30 to 28; hand resistance increased from 10% to 20%
– Coyote Runner hand attack decreased from 20 to 18 [revert]
– "5 Coyote Runners" shipment increased to 6 Coyote Runners
– "Coyote Combat" shipment increased from +20% Coyote Runner hitpoints and +4% Coyote Runner speed to +20% Coyote Runner hitpoints and +10% Coyote Runner speed [revert]
– Temple of Xipe Totec shipment now also increases Coyote Runner ranged resistance from 10% to 20%
– "9 Macehualtins" shipment increased to 10 Macehualtins [revert]
– "8 Macehualtins" Infinite shipment changed to "9 Macehualtins" [revert]
– Temple of Centeotl shipment now also grants the Macehualtin 1 splash radius (damage cap of 16 added accordingly)
– Arrow Knight speed increased from 3.75 to 4
– Great Temple of Quetzalcoatl Support shipment cost reduced from 2000c to 1500c (Religious Unity shipment adjusted accordingly)
– Skull Knight hitpoints increased from 300 to 320
– Great Temple of Huitzilopochtli shipment cost reduced from 2000c to 1500c (Religious Unity shipment adjusted accordingly)
– 100w removed from starting crates; dynamic ("random") starting crates added
– Keshik hand and ranged attacks decreased from 10 to 8 [revert]
– Iron Flail hand attack decreased from 20 to 19 (damage cap decreased from 40 to 38); hitpoints decreased from 320 to 292 [revert]
– Meteor Hammer attack increased from 25 to 29 [revert]
– Envoy train points decreased from 30 to 10
– "Tulip Speculation" shipment increased from +15% to +20% Bank coin trickle
– Unupgraded Trade Routes now deliver 4/5 the experience points
– 2 Settler Wagons and 1 Settler increased to 3 Settler Wagons [revert]
– Uhlan cost reduced from 60f, 100c to 50f, 100c; hitpoints decreased from 190 to 180 [revert]
– Brahmin Monk Stomp passive ability moved from Discovery to Colonial Age
– Ottoman Allies line of sight bonus no longer applies to buildings; "Levy" improvement cost increased from 200xprt to 250xprt
– Rajput hand attack decreased from 20 to 18 [partial revert]
– War Chief hitpoints aura decreased from 15% to 10%
– "Crates of 200 Food, 100 Wood, and 100 Coin" INFINITE shipment decreased to 100f, 100w, 100c [revert]
– Yabusame ranged attack decreased from 10 to 9 [partial revert]
– 100c removed from starting crates [revert]
– Berry and hunting gather-rates increased by 5%
– "Besteiros" improvement cost reduced from 2400w to 2000w
– Cassador ranged attack "rate-of-fire" increased (nerfed) from 3.5 to 4.5; ranged attack increased from 20 to 25 [extension]
– Musketeer batch cost increased from 270f, 90c to 285f, 95c [from -4% cost to +1% cost]
– "4 Villagers" shipment added [revert]
– Brand new "5 Villagers" shipment added to Colonial Age removed [revert]
– "Mustangs" shipment increased from 10% to 15%
– "Spanish Gold" shipment increased from 250c to 400c per shipment; moved to Fortress Age [revert]
- @Rikikipu for map updates of Thar Desert, Tassili, Wadmalaw, Iowa, Manchac, Mendocino, Herald Island, and a brand new map Lumaco
- @Kaiserklein for the treasure rework project, along with @Mitoe and @Garja
- @Kevsoft for his work on UHC2 (customprotounitcommands)
SirCallen wrote:Just drink the beer as it is, you hipsters.
Astaroth wrote:Yeah, boyars seem too strong tbh. Russia is a very good civ atm. On no TP, they are one of the top civs, but even on TP maps they are underrated. One small slip up loses you the game vs basic Russian builds.
currently on the ep the boyars of how much increase of attack and life to the strelez and cav?
Blastkiller wrote:Astaroth wrote:Yeah, boyars seem too strong tbh. Russia is a very good civ atm. On no TP, they are one of the top civs, but even on TP maps they are underrated. One small slip up loses you the game vs basic Russian builds.
currently on the ep the boyars of how much increase of attack and life to the strelizzi and cav?
Same as the official patch: 15% atk, 15% hp.
Basically a standard age 3 combat card in age 2 for 2/3 of Russia's core units. Iro has a comparable card but it's only 10%/10% as Hazza is suggesting.
Russia just going for a cheese full rusket 5/4/13 is already fairly strong (eg in RE) anyway, no need to boost it. It's a no-skill strat that shouldn't be rewarded.
Later on when Russia gets a good eco, the change doesn't matter much anyway.