DE list of issues

General forum about Age of Empires 3 DE. Please post strategy threads, recorded games, user-created content and tech support threads in their respective forum.
Great Britain Riotcoke
Retired Contributor
ECL Reigning ChampsDonator 01
ESO: Riotcoke
Clan: UwU

Re: DE list of issues

Post by Riotcoke »

Hazza54321 wrote:I assume they paid @Interjection as theyve basically taken his entire tips and tricks series and called it art of war
Will is a designer on the game, he works for Forgotten Empires

twitch.tv/stangoesdeepTV
Holy See Imperial Noob
Lancer

Post by Imperial Noob »

Riotcoke wrote:
Hazza54321 wrote:I assume they paid @Interjection as theyve basically taken his entire tips and tricks series and called it art of war
I can't tell if that's a joke.
France flontier
Lancer
Intermediate Division Winner
ESO: Flontier
Clan: PLOP

Post by flontier »

Imperial Noob wrote:
Riotcoke wrote:
I can't tell if that's a joke.
Ofc it is a joke, How can someone be a designer AND in jail at the same time :hmm:
Latvia harcha
Gendarme
ESO: hatamoto_samurai

Post by harcha »

He's just doing his sentence, what's funny about that?
POC wrote:Also I most likely know a whole lot more than you.
POC wrote:Also as an objective third party, and near 100% accuracy of giving correct information, I would say my opinions are more reliable than yours.
Holy See Imperial Noob
Lancer

Post by Imperial Noob »

Some problems with the single player campaigns:

1. when starting a mission, I see the loading screen, then it starts the mission cutscene, then a loading screen again for a brief moment, in a weird way. The clicking sounds of campaign mission selection play while this is happening.
2. In mission 4 of the Blood campaign the homecity flag is British, possibly later too
3. artillery shipments are in purple boxes despite not being infinite
4. villager shipments in the Knights campaign have TWC villager icons
5. there is a lack of description of a "level 10 homecity" requirement on the fort card and other cards despite them being locked, which would be very puzzling to new users
6. the amount of xp needed to reach the next homecity level is not displayed in the homecity tab during the match
7. the AI is very weak and does not attack the player. AI's attempts at microing end in weird unit dancing without attacking
8. when I tried to add the church card to the deck, the game crashed (app turned off instantly)
United States of America Darwin_
Howdah

Post by Darwin_ »

harcha wrote:He's just doing his sentence, what's funny about that?
Is he actually in jail? What for?
somppukunkku wrote:This is not a fucking discogame.
India _DB_
Howdah

Post by _DB_ »

flontier wrote: Ofc it is a joke, How can someone be a designer AND in jail at the same time :hmm:
Wait what? Interjection is in jail? Really?
Doing what you like is Freedom...
Liking what you do is Happiness...
Holy See Imperial Noob
Lancer

Post by Imperial Noob »

further SPC problems:
9. when an objective is completed, the sound of a "new objective discovered / quest added" is played.
10. at the end of a mission, 75% of the time there is no victory fanfare sound, only a silent victory screen. I've heard the fanfare correctly only once so far.
11. In some Art of War missions (it was definitely at the end of the warship one) there was no automatic return to the main menu or other feedback that the mission has been completed.
12. in the home city, the highlight colours of various shipment types are displayed only once you click a card, which is useless, because by that time you already have the mouse pointer on the card and can read what it does
13. In the first mission of Act 2 Ice the CDB in the purple village does not convert to the player
14. the shipments in Act 2 Ice are still bugged into wrong ages
15. extremely weird bug where I can't eat the sheep because they keep running away from the villagers or walking around, and sometimes I also see the Japanese "can't hunt" icon instead of the normal meat one.
16. In Act 2 Ice the advanced mill card has the icon of the advanced trading post
United States of America dicktator_
Howdah
EWT
ESO: Conquerer999

Post by dicktator_ »

Just played a game where I called CM from a TC that was about to be destroyed. The TC was destroyed in the middle of the CM call and the CM disappeared from the queue but then they appeared out of thin air, from the destroyed tc. Will clip later
steniothejonjoe wrote:I can micro better than 99% of the player base and that's 100% objective
:mds:
France Le Hussard sur le toit
Howdah
ESO: LeHussardsurletoit

Post by Le Hussard sur le toit »

dicktator_ wrote:Just played a game where I called CM from a TC that was about to be destroyed. The TC was destroyed in the middle of the CM call and the CM disappeared from the queue but then they appeared out of thin air, from the destroyed tc. Will clip later
I've been dreaming of such a mechanic for a long time !
ESOC : came for the game, stayed for the drama.
United States of America musketeer925
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: musketeer925

Post by musketeer925 »

Ordering of cards in decks is awful, why isn't 600 coin beside 700 coin?

United States of America musketeer925
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: musketeer925

Post by musketeer925 »

musketeer925 wrote:Ordering of cards in decks is awful, why isn't 600 coin beside 700 coin?

Actually, this seems like a bug with the premade decks, at least partly. I was clicking a card to remove it, and it removed a *different* card. Removing all and putting them back in made it a little better (although still not the same logical ordering as legacy)
Great Britain Riotcoke
Retired Contributor
ECL Reigning ChampsDonator 01
ESO: Riotcoke
Clan: UwU

Post by Riotcoke »

musketeer925 wrote:Ordering of cards in decks is awful, why isn't 600 coin beside 700 coin?

It fixes itself when you go in game

twitch.tv/stangoesdeepTV
Sweden deadrising78
Skirmisher
ESO: deadrising78

Post by deadrising78 »

Everytime i start the game and then close it down again all my settings and hotkeys get reset to default and i have to manually change them again. Is there any fix for this?
Netherlands xxsix9xx
Crossbow
ESO: Xzyage

Post by xxsix9xx »

deadrising78 wrote:Everytime i start the game and then close it down again all my settings and hotkeys get reset to default and i have to manually change them again. Is there any fix for this?
All changes you make are in ( I typ the path out of my so maybe I'm wrong) c/users/..... /games/age ofempiresdev and then in one of the folder there is my profile. You may look there at the end of the file to see what you last settings are.
Did you use save keybindings, under hotkeysmenu?
Sweden deadrising78
Skirmisher
ESO: deadrising78

Post by deadrising78 »

xxsix9xx wrote:
deadrising78 wrote:Everytime i start the game and then close it down again all my settings and hotkeys get reset to default and i have to manually change them again. Is there any fix for this?
All changes you make are in ( I typ the path out of my so maybe I'm wrong) c/users/..... /games/age ofempiresdev and then in one of the folder there is my profile. You may look there at the end of the file to see what you last settings are.
Is it the one called graphical profile? Because i checked that one and under setting there was nothing unfortunatly. Yeah i clicked save keybindings but it doesn't save it after i close down the game. I get to choose what UI i want everytime i start too
Netherlands xxsix9xx
Crossbow
ESO: Xzyage

Post by xxsix9xx »

deadrising78 wrote:
xxsix9xx wrote:
Is it the one called graphical profile? Because i checked that one and under setting there was nothing unfortunatly. Yeah i clicked save keybindings but it doesn't save it after i close down the game. I get to choose what UI i want everytime i start too
I went to my pc after \age off empires DE\ a long number \users\new profile.Xml
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

anyone else having the issue of needing to press the shipment more than once to send it
Holy See Imperial Noob
Lancer

Post by Imperial Noob »

17. The iro (nat) tomahawk has a 1,5x vs heroes and 1,5x vs villagers. Not exactly a step in the right direction...
Canada forgrin
Howdah
ESO: Forgrin

Post by forgrin »

Imperial Noob wrote:17. The iro (nat) tomahawk has a 1,5x vs heroes and 1,5x vs villagers. Not exactly a step in the right direction...
Great, nat laming is buffed :/ that must be a mistake, they probably meant to have a 0.5 multiplier but somebody can't math.
https://www.twitch.tv/forgin14

"WTF WHERE ARE MY 10 FALCS" - AraGun_OP
France chronique
Advanced Player
ESO: poissondu44

Post by chronique »

New kynesis style :D
Attachments
Sans titre.png
Argentina Jotunir
Howdah

Post by Jotunir »

chronique wrote:New kynesis style :D
This should be a meme :lol:
Spain yoqpasa
Lancer
ESO: yoqpasa

Post by yoqpasa »

I can't scroll down the browser games list

United States of America dicktator_
Howdah
EWT
ESO: Conquerer999

Post by dicktator_ »

dicktator_ wrote:Just played a game where I called CM from a TC that was about to be destroyed. The TC was destroyed in the middle of the CM call and the CM disappeared from the queue but then they appeared out of thin air, from the destroyed tc. Will clip later
Here is the clip, I recommend watching muted
https://clips.twitch.tv/OilyDeafWoodpeckerDuDudu
Hazza54321 wrote:anyone else having the issue of needing to press the shipment more than once to send it
Yea it was pointed out in the beta, was never fixed.
steniothejonjoe wrote:I can micro better than 99% of the player base and that's 100% objective
:mds:
Finland princeofkabul
Pro Player
NWC LAN Top 8EPL Reigning Champs
ESO: Princeofkabul

Post by princeofkabul »

dicktator_ wrote:
Here is the clip, I recommend watching muted
https://clips.twitch.tv/OilyDeafWoodpeckerDuDudu
Hazza54321 wrote:anyone else having the issue of needing to press the shipment more than once to send it
Yea it was pointed out in the beta, was never fixed.
NOOOOOOO
Chairman of Washed Up clan
Leader of the Shady Swedes
Team Manager of the Blockhouse Boomers