Tried DE again, and got another refund..

General forum about Age of Empires 3 DE. Please post strategy threads, recorded games, user-created content and tech support threads in their respective forum.
Canada Cocaine
Lancer
ESO: Cow God

Tried DE again, and got another refund..

Post by Cocaine »

Hi all.

Quick back story, I got DE when it came out.. My graphics card couldn't run it so I got a refund and went back to TAD.. Last night since I got a new graphics card I tried DE again and it could run really well.. BUT... Few things I did not like:

Searching lobby for "ranked" 3v3 match gave me 0 results.. "Casual ranked" wtf is that anyway?

I did quick search for 1v1 got one, versed someone below my skill level so I won. Searched 3v3 ranked but got nothing.

Finally played a 3v3 casual ranked vs a set team of 3 friends and got absolutely obliterated.

I could not tell the skill level of my team mates or the opponents just their win% and games played/lost

as for the game itself, it seemed less snappy than TAD.. Less responsive.. Trust me it worked good but like the graphics was bloby and the game itself kinda like blah.

The improvements I would love to see is:

Create a visible rank for skill level of players like PR.. And make things more snappy like tad.. clicking, selecting.. I feel like a lot of milisecond delays are due to graphics like buttons highlighting and so on.

Whatever this is, call it a rant, I got another refund and never going back to DE. Aoe4 I await you.
A little Cocaine never hurt nobody!

Latvia harcha
Gendarme
ESO: hatamoto_samurai

Re: Tried DE again, and got another refund..

Post by harcha »

Pointless post, but would be more worthwhile if you posted it on the official forum.
POC wrote:Also I most likely know a whole lot more than you.
POC wrote:Also as an objective third party, and near 100% accuracy of giving correct information, I would say my opinions are more reliable than yours.
United States of America n0el
ESOC Business Team
ESO: jezabob
Clan: 팀 하우스

Post by n0el »

Basically you lost some games so you had a hissy fit and demanded a refund?
mad cuz bad
Argentina Jotunir
Howdah

Post by Jotunir »

Cocaine wrote:Hi all.

Quick back story, I got DE when it came out.. My graphics card couldn't run it so I got a refund and went back to TAD.. Last night since I got a new graphics card I tried DE again and it could run really well.. BUT... Few things I did not like:

Searching lobby for "ranked" 3v3 match gave me 0 results.. "Casual ranked" wtf is that anyway?

I did quick search for 1v1 got one, versed someone below my skill level so I won. Searched 3v3 ranked but got nothing.

Finally played a 3v3 casual ranked vs a set team of 3 friends and got absolutely obliterated.

I could not tell the skill level of my team mates or the opponents just their win% and games played/lost

as for the game itself, it seemed less snappy than TAD.. Less responsive.. Trust me it worked good but like the graphics was bloby and the game itself kinda like blah.

Create a visible rank for skill level of players like PR.. And make things more snappy like tad.. clicking, selecting.. I feel like a lot of milisecond delays are due to graphics like buttons highlighting and so on.

Whatever this is, call it a rant, I got another refund and never going back to DE. Aoe4 I await you.
I get your point, "better" graphics are useless if they hinder your ability to actually play the game. I am glad you could get a refund.
Macau firstaim
Crossbow

Post by firstaim »

I felt tired of dev keeps messing up the balance and there are still many bugs not even appeared in TAD didn't get fix after released for several months. It just like still playing a beta version.

May I know what is the procedure to refund the game and is it possible after I brought it several months ago?
Australia JKProwler
Dragoon

Post by JKProwler »

DE is better than legacy in 1v1. Legacy is just a lag fest after u play DE for awhile and the graphics feel outdated.

Teams in DE tho is bad. I miss the legacy ranked team lobbies and whispering friends and seeing them online and inviting them to games.

I think the team and useless friends functionality is what's putting off some of the legacy players moving across
Canada Cocaine
Lancer
ESO: Cow God

Post by Cocaine »

n0el wrote:Basically you lost some games so you had a hissy fit and demanded a refund?
U legit dont comprehend my post do you? Please, spare me your low IQ mumblings next time.
A little Cocaine never hurt nobody!

No Flag helln00
Howdah
ESO: helln00

Post by helln00 »

Are u sure u didnt try the french cowboom and got caught out again, that seems to happen with you alot
Great Britain Riotcoke
Retired Contributor
ECL Reigning ChampsDonator 01
ESO: Riotcoke
Clan: UwU

Post by Riotcoke »

Just because you can't spawn the tommyinator on de doesn't mean it's a bad game

twitch.tv/stangoesdeepTV
No Flag Astaroth
Howdah

Post by Astaroth »

Riotcoke wrote:Just because you can't spawn the tommyinator on de doesn't mean it's a bad game
/thread
Argentina Jotunir
Howdah

Post by Jotunir »

I am amazed at how @Cocaine made a rant about how he was dissappointed about DE and you all just mock him. DE is effectively worse than EP and he should be taken seriously.
Vietnam duckzilla
Jaeger

Post by duckzilla »

It is. DE feels weird. I cannot even distinguish between different units such as chukonu and jaegers. Musketeers feel and look so weird. The new sounds are crap. There are few things that I do not dislike. At least there are like 6 campaign missions which totally make up for the cost.
Whatever is written above: this is no financial advice.

Beati pauperes spiritu.
European Union aaryngend
Howdah
Clan: N3O

Post by aaryngend »

Jotunir wrote:I am amazed at how @Cocaine made a rant about how he was dissappointed about DE and you all just mock him. DE is effectively worse than EP and he should be taken seriously.
Finally a reply from you! I was shocked to find out that you didn't post one yet when I first visited the thread.
For the record, the thread starter isn't getting mocked because he dislikes DE, there are other reasons for this.
European Union Scroogie
Lancer
ESO: Scroogie
GameRanger ID: 10056919

Post by Scroogie »

Based.
Me being slightly ahead vs H2O: Image
Argentina Jotunir
Howdah

Post by Jotunir »

aaryngend wrote:
Jotunir wrote:I am amazed at how @Cocaine made a rant about how he was dissappointed about DE and you all just mock him. DE is effectively worse than EP and he should be taken seriously.
Finally a reply from you! I was shocked to find out that you didn't post one yet when I first visited the thread.
For the record, the thread starter isn't getting mocked because he dislikes DE, there are other reasons for this.
You missed me :love:
China SquidTheSid
Musketeer

Post by SquidTheSid »

Yes, the new ranked matchmaking isn't great. I preferred the old method of lobbies, and given how small the community is, we're starting to see more uneven matchups. I get that quick-search was a joke in TAD, but I'd like to see ranked lobbies make a return in some way, especially since you're locked into a specific civ before you can see the opponent's selection. This means you'll be in some truly awful matchups if you don't have a good generalist civ. I'd like to see some sort of drafting for matchmaking to help ameliorate this issue. The new chevrons for casual play are also less intuitive than power ranking, I'd say.

A lot of the new graphical effects make the game harder to play, the new TAA anti-aliasing being the worst offender, as it smears vaseline all over your screen. You need to turn a lot of these off for the sake of playability, which is a shame. They've also broken attack move, as it's incredibly inconsistent (sometimes it works, sometimes my jungle bowmen deathball charge into musketeers). The game also feels quite laggy. Maybe it's due to the new netcode, but the old game never felt this consistently..off. There was the famous 3v3 Deccan lag spikes at the start of the match, but I didn't notice much in the middle of my 1v1 games.
Great Britain chris1089
Retired Contributor
ESO: chris1089

Post by chris1089 »

I don't think DE is great, but these are some of the worst objections honestly. Like what do you expect the ladder to be like for your first few games? It's the same problem with PR anyway.
No Flag helln00
Howdah
ESO: helln00

Post by helln00 »

SquidTheSid wrote:

Yes, the new ranked matchmaking isn't great. I preferred the old method of lobbies, and given how small the community is, we're starting to see more uneven matchups. I get that quick-search was a joke in TAD, but I'd like to see ranked lobbies make a return in some way, especially since you're locked into a specific civ before you can see the opponent's selection. This means you'll be in some truly awful matchups if you don't have a good generalist civ. I'd like to see some sort of drafting for matchmaking to help ameliorate this issue. The new chevrons for casual play are also less intuitive than power ranking, I'd say.

A lot of the new graphical effects make the game harder to play, the new TAA anti-aliasing being the worst offender, as it smears vaseline all over your screen. You need to turn a lot of these off for the sake of playability, which is a shame. They've also broken attack move, as it's incredibly inconsistent (sometimes it works, sometimes my jungle bowmen deathball charge into musketeers). The game also feels quite laggy. Maybe it's due to the new netcode, but the old game never felt this consistently..off. There was the famous 3v3 Deccan lag spikes at the start of the match, but I didn't notice much in the middle of my 1v1 games.
Idk i hated the 1v1 lobbies back in RE, it was either casual which didnt matter or it was people kicking people until they got the matchup they wanted or just counter picking to death. the RE balance didn't help. I much prefer picking something and sticking to it rather then people just bargaining with each other before the game.
France ǝɯɐuɹǝsn
Dragoon

Post by ǝɯɐuɹǝsn »

firstaim wrote:I felt tired of dev keeps messing up the balance and there are still many bugs not even appeared in TAD didn't get fix after released for several months. It just like still playing a beta version.

May I know what is the procedure to refund the game and is it possible after I brought it several months ago?
If you bought it on steam you need to have less than 2 hours of play to ask a refund
France ǝɯɐuɹǝsn
Dragoon

Post by ǝɯɐuɹǝsn »

come play legacy
United States of America SoldieR
Pro Player
ESO: SoldieR

Post by SoldieR »

Some of these points you can't argue with. Ranked team games is a mess. Half the games that get matched dont launch and it takes like 20min to get a game started with the auto canceling or teammate not connecting or something else. Then once you get into the game you cant even know the skill level unless you know the opponents names.

Obs is a whole massive flop on it's own. This is really making tournaments much more difficult. This to me is the #1 issue.

Other than those things and maybe pathing stuff, the game is much nicer than legacy at this point.
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01
ESO: edeholland
GameRanger ID: 4053888
Clan: ESOC

Post by edeholland »

He is not being taken seriously because he is a known cheater on RE. Not trying to witch hunt or accuse somebody here, he is one of the rare cases of someone admitting they are cheating on these forums.

I, like everyone else here, agree that the criticism about DE is valid. Nobody says it's perfect and everyone wants it to improve. But there is a difference between people mindlessly posting "DE sucks, come to RE" and top players spending hours of their free time trying to improve the game by collection constructive criticism and sharing it with the developers.
United States of America xMyPleasureX
Crossbow

Post by xMyPleasureX »

edeholland wrote:
He is not being taken seriously because he is a known cheater on RE. Not trying to witch hunt or accuse somebody here, he is one of the rare cases of someone admitting they are cheating on these forums.

I, like everyone else here, agree that the criticism about DE is valid. Nobody says it's perfect and everyone wants it to improve. But there is a difference between people mindlessly posting "DE sucks, come to RE" and top players spending hours of their free time trying to improve the game by collection constructive criticism and sharing it with the developers.
My man ended his whole career
Argentina Jotunir
Howdah

Post by Jotunir »

edeholland wrote:
Thank you for clearing that up for me, I had no idea.
Netherlands Vafurx
Crossbow
Donator 02

Post by Vafurx »

I played a lot of 3v3s through ranked matchmaking without much problem and avg 2-3 min queue time. :)