Age of Empires III: Definitive Edition — Update 20322

General forum about Age of Empires 3 DE. Please post strategy threads, recorded games, user-created content and tech support threads in their respective forum.
Tokelau jesus3
Jaeger

Re: Age of Empires III: Definitive Edition — Update 20322

Post by jesus3 »

The good thing about Dutch being "too" good (if that's even the case) is that it still needs a skillful player to pull it off. You still have to be precise with your Macro and especially Micro, but let's say you've got some wiggle room for now. Only at higher levels I can see it truly being problematic
Netherlands don_artie
Dragoon
ESO: don artie

Post by don_artie »

I think people are losing their shit over dutch for no good reason. The bank cards now being reasonable is far from game breaking and the 5% gold mining increase will only add like 50 coin in the first 8 mins of the game if you're booming +ff' ing. I dont think the change was necessary, but no need to lose your shit over it. If dutch are good now it just means they already were, giving them a 0.1 vill wont be the difference maker
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

Yeah people like to overreact to tiny changes. When in fact getting like an extra treasure in age 1 is probably more impactful lol.
That's also due to people underrating dutch to begin with. Now when they see the civ is okay they'll think it's due to the tiny coin buff, when in fact they were just blind before
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

Fucking dutch lobbying so hard!
Great Britain I_HaRRiiSoN_I
Retired Contributor

Post by I_HaRRiiSoN_I »

the biggest buff dutch received was other civs receiving nerfs. So it will appear that in game dutch are doing well but is due to other civs being dropped down a peg (sweden, port con jap, lakota etc.)
Netherlands don_artie
Dragoon
ESO: don artie

Post by don_artie »

I_HaRRiiSoN_I wrote:the biggest buff dutch received was other civs receiving nerfs. So it will appear that in game dutch are doing well but is due to other civs being dropped down a peg (sweden, port con jap, lakota etc.)
Yeah, and that"s why I've been advocating for just nerfing the top ones and see how the meta develops rather than buffing the weak ones. For example top civs have been nerfed, alooot of livestock maps have been added (I think all added maps have llamas and cows), india could now be very strong all of a sudden without them specificly being touched. I'm not saying india will be OP btw but just meant as an example
United States of America Dolphincup
Musketeer
ESO: Dolphincup

Post by Dolphincup »

onfiregun17 wrote:Units can still turn into gates. Seems like a rather big over oversight for pretty simple fix considering it's been 5 months since release. It's getting rather annoying to wonder where some of my units are and then noticing random gates littered throughout the map.
Has this actually been seen in a multiplayer game by other players in the game? There are many things (especially graphical things) that you can do to your client that are not relayed to the server, and therefore not relayed to the other players in the game or impactful to the game in any way. Most likely you see your units as gates, but nobody else in the game sees this at all. I'd bet money that this is a non-issue.
Rainbow Land onfiregun17
Skirmisher
ESO: onfiregun17

Post by onfiregun17 »

Dolphincup wrote:
onfiregun17 wrote:Units can still turn into gates. Seems like a rather big over oversight for pretty simple fix considering it's been 5 months since release. It's getting rather annoying to wonder where some of my units are and then noticing random gates littered throughout the map.
Has this actually been seen in a multiplayer game by other players in the game? There are many things (especially graphical things) that you can do to your client that are not relayed to the server, and therefore not relayed to the other players in the game or impactful to the game in any way. Most likely you see your units as gates, but nobody else in the game sees this at all. I'd bet money that this is a non-issue.
Yes, this is a legitimate issue that affects everyone. If you read through the thread I linked you can see multiple other players verified this.
Croatia toriancarconn
Skirmisher
Donator 03
ESO: toriancarconn

Post by toriancarconn »

Vafurx wrote:
toriancarconn wrote:
Show hidden quotes
it might be low lewel players are confused about Aztec units and have no clue what counters them.
This. They need to make the counter symbols (unit types) more clear and merge shock infantry symbol with heavy cav.
erks and coyotes just don't look like cav :)
Germany Joe
Dragoon

Post by Joe »

toriancarconn wrote:
Vafurx wrote:
Show hidden quotes
This. They need to make the counter symbols (unit types) more clear and merge shock infantry symbol with heavy cav.
erks and coyotes just don't look like cav :)
noob trap :hehe:
Great Britain I_HaRRiiSoN_I
Retired Contributor

Post by I_HaRRiiSoN_I »

hey guys, check out my longer discussion on dutch balance, build openings, strats and Match Up discussion post patch

many thanks!
Argentina Jets
Dragoon
ESO: SsJetstream
Clan: FPL

Post by Jets »

Why the base mining buff and not a free market tech? It's a buff to their early, mid and possible late game if you lose your banks.

I'm all against giving free techs but in this case, giving dutch a free market tech included on their bills wouldn't be much trouble.
Spain Hago the carrier
Crossbow

Post by Hago the carrier »

draztik wrote:I notice that the two maps without tp also have very poor treasures. This is a huge nerf for spain Imo. I will always delete my dog at the begining of the game on these 2 maps. gg ez. these maps are also quite open (if there is no water I consider the map as an open map) and it will be the dreams for players who like to play hide and seek vills. (spain army have no mobilty, cannot raid much ), === big nerf inside.

Yukon was a very good map.

The nerf to Swedish looks quite small but let's see.

I am not convince that dutchs deserve a boost, this civ is easy to play and it should be seriously taken into account ( bot civ who just need to spam 1 or 2 units like suede)

sick
What you mean spain army have no mobility? you have hussars as half europeans, with cards. then you have rods who are also fast. and on top , you can add unction, with also fast misionaries. I think bank cards buffs are ok, but thoose 5 percent have no reason.
Latvia harcha
Gendarme
ESO: hatamoto_samurai

Post by harcha »

"no mobility" while having more mobile units and more upgradable mobile units lol
POC wrote:Also I most likely know a whole lot more than you.
POC wrote:Also as an objective third party, and near 100% accuracy of giving correct information, I would say my opinions are more reliable than yours.
Spain Efraín
Skirmisher
ESO: Efraín

Post by Efraín »

Spain Efraín
Musketeer 0
29 Jan 2021, 22:25

Efraín wrote:
The Chinese and the Swedes deserve a buff to be able to compete better in second age.

The cuts to Sweden, despite having a large heavy infantry and brutal economy, were excessive and failed to make it competitive enough.

The Chinese need a little more strength in second age (since they have a vulnerable and late ff), for one thing it is that main China is not seen much.

The Aztecs are hopeless: D.

I didn't say my noob ideas.

Buff archaic units of china, either card or base.

Raise Coyote HP to 155 (6 Hussar hits without upgrades).

A rectification of the brutal nerfies of the Swedish blueberries, logically I once asked that they eliminate the improvements by others, but neither what they did to the poor with those cuts.

21 21.
Kiribati princeofcarthage
Retired Contributor

Post by princeofcarthage »

Mr_Bramboy wrote:
princeofcarthage wrote:Bring back random crates.
It is astounding how you can manage to have the wrong opinion in every single matter with no exceptions at all.
Just cuz few bots like your post doesn't make you right. You simply lack the ability to comprehend the scope of the game and it's intended original design. While I can engage in discussion based on statistics and logic and explain why random crates is good for the game, you resort to personal attacks.
Fine line to something great is a strange change.
India Challenger_Marco
ESOC Media Team
ESO: challenger_marco

Post by Challenger_Marco »

Please not again ,my head is about to burst
:nwc:
Germany Joe
Dragoon

Post by Joe »

princeofcarthage wrote:
Mr_Bramboy wrote:
princeofcarthage wrote:Bring back random crates.
It is astounding how you can manage to have the wrong opinion in every single matter with no exceptions at all.
Just cuz few bots like your post doesn't make you right. You simply lack the ability to comprehend the scope of the game and it's intended original design. While I can engage in discussion based on statistics and logic and explain why random crates is good for the game, you resort to personal attacks.
evryone disagrees on ur opinion that random crates are good. logic says that random crates will create balance issues
Germany Joe
Dragoon

Post by Joe »

[Armag] diarouga wrote:
princeofcarthage wrote:
Show hidden quotes
Yes, cuz fixed crates push civs into certain specific starts unless ofcourse you have abundant start like deccan. It's pretty clear from posts above how a crate change has suddenly changed the start of Japan.
Nope, it's actually the opposite. With wood start, Japan can go consulate + kami, TP into toshogu, shrine into torii. With coin start, market into torii is the best way to play in many situations.
It's the same for almost every civ. Wood start gives you different options, coin only gives you one. And on top of reducing diversity, random crates create balance issues :hmm:
listen to diarouga
Australia JKProwler
Dragoon

Post by JKProwler »

Random crates just creates another dimension to the never ending balance issues.

If we need more diversity in tactics from specific civs, isn't it smarter to just target home city cards or gather rates etc.. for that specific civ?
Switzerland sebnan12
Jaeger
ESO: Mongobillione

Post by sebnan12 »

[Armag] diarouga wrote:
princeofcarthage wrote:
Show hidden quotes
Yes, cuz fixed crates push civs into certain specific starts unless ofcourse you have abundant start like deccan. It's pretty clear from posts above how a crate change has suddenly changed the start of Japan.
Nope, it's actually the opposite. With wood start, Japan can go consulate + kami, TP into toshogu, shrine into torii. With coin start, market into torii is the best way to play in many situations.
It's the same for almost every civ. Wood start gives you different options, coin only gives you one. And on top of reducing diversity, random crates create balance issues :hmm:
Im 100% on rougas side, just wanna be a nitty nancy and say that treasures u find have a fairly similar impact on ur starting choices, not only the crate start. Ud never buy wood as germans when u find 80 wood for example. So the treasures u might or might not find have a huge impact on ur starting ideas sometimes
"Why are you trying to lecture me on my own language, no wonder you people shit in the open street."- Riotcoke

''man he's slow rolling him more than a fish on a royal flush'' - Garja

NEED MORE XP
Tokelau jesus3
Jaeger

Post by jesus3 »

imagine still listening to and answering >insert pr20 with godly knowledge or person who doesn't play the game<
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

Yeah honestly as France it feels like the treasures you get and the first TP xp are sometimes just as impactful than a crate lol. The difference between being able to go 14, 13, or 12/10, is huge, and just depends on treasures.
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Sweden Aussie_Drongo
Skirmisher
ESO: Darkalbino_

Post by Aussie_Drongo »

Kaiserklein wrote:Yeah honestly as France it feels like the treasures you get and the first TP xp are sometimes just as impactful than a crate lol. The difference between being able to go 14, 13, or 12/10, is huge, and just depends on treasures.
I appreciate its part of the game but treasures have really made me frustrated recently, I think on maps like New England especially it can be incredibly one sided. I had a game today where I got 2x 80 food treasure and 1x 70 food treasure before 2 minutes, my opponent got 50 coin and 80 xp (after first shipment lol)

I wonder if we could ever see a happy medium between empire wars and standard play where there are no treasures, they really just annoy me massively.
United States of America n0el
ESOC Business Team
ESO: jezabob
Clan: 팀 하우스

Post by n0el »

Aussie_Drongo wrote:
Kaiserklein wrote:Yeah honestly as France it feels like the treasures you get and the first TP xp are sometimes just as impactful than a crate lol. The difference between being able to go 14, 13, or 12/10, is huge, and just depends on treasures.
I appreciate its part of the game but treasures have really made me frustrated recently, I think on maps like New England especially it can be incredibly one sided. I had a game today where I got 2x 80 food treasure and 1x 70 food treasure before 2 minutes, my opponent got 50 coin and 80 xp (after first shipment lol)

I wonder if we could ever see a happy medium between empire wars and standard play where there are no treasures, they really just annoy me massively.
i've always been a proponent of fixed and balanced treasures
mad cuz bad