Can you find out why the Hispanic community is not represented in the beta presentation with Mayorcete?

General forum about Age of Empires 3 DE. Please post strategy threads, recorded games, user-created content and tech support threads in their respective forum.
Spain yoqpasa
Lancer
ESO: yoqpasa

Re: Can you find out why the Hispanic community is not represented in the beta presentation with Mayorcete?

Post by yoqpasa »

AFAIK Mayorcete is an intense and passionate guy who always speaks out his mind whether you like it or not, regardless of who you are. But violating a NDA is not his style, he is not dumb. He is fully commited to AOE, and AOE3 is his favourite game most likely. He continuously speculates about new content, and you don't need to be a genious to guess Incas and Swedes assuiming that was the leaked information, not sure about it.
Is the video in question still up or was it removed?

United States of America n0el
ESOC Business Team
ESO: jezabob
Clan: 팀 하우스

Re: Can you find out why the Hispanic community is not represented in the beta presentation with Mayorcete?

Post by n0el »

yoqpasa wrote:AFAIK Mayorcete is an intense and passionate guy who always speaks out his mind whether you like it or not, regardless of who you are. But violating a NDA is not his style, he is not dumb. He is fully commited to AOE, and AOE3 is his favourite game most likely. He continuously speculates about new content, and you don't need to be a genious to guess Incas and Swedes assuiming that was the leaked information, not sure about it.
Regardless of how passionate or likable he is, he definitely violated the NDA. It isn’t even a discussion.
mad cuz bad
No Flag Adribird
Musketeer
Clan: ArC

Post by Adribird »

n0el wrote:
yoqpasa wrote:AFAIK Mayorcete is an intense and passionate guy who always speaks out his mind whether you like it or not, regardless of who you are. But violating a NDA is not his style, he is not dumb. He is fully commited to AOE, and AOE3 is his favourite game most likely. He continuously speculates about new content, and you don't need to be a genious to guess Incas and Swedes assuiming that was the leaked information, not sure about it.
Regardless of how passionate or likable he is, he definitely violated the NDA. It isn’t even a discussion.
I didn't know that making a video about speculation, where he mixes possible civilizations based on the Wars of Liberty, is breaking the NDA. I highly doubt that an investigation has been done to clearly say that it has broken the NDA.

BTW in the video above (Aug 2020) he speculated on the arrival of the African DLC in the not too distant future, naming the Ethiopian civ as one of the candidates. Curious.
Rainbow Land callentournies
Howdah
ESO: esuck

Post by callentournies »

My screen is cracked can someone give me a one line TL DR?
If I were a petal
And plucked, or moth, plucked
From flowers or pollen froth
To wither on a young child’s
Display. Fetch
Me a ribbon, they, all dead
Things scream.
No Flag Kanoo
Skirmisher

Post by Kanoo »

Intense, passionate, outspoken and well liked Spaniard with the "terrible facial hair" is accused of breaking NDA.

P.S. Spanish is 2nd most widely spoken language in the world!
thebritish wrote:
19 Jan 2016, 09:58
So, you are saying that if i watch H20's rec, i can beat anyone below H20's level because i know his BO?
ESOC Business Team

Post by n0el »

Adribird wrote:
n0el wrote:
I didn't know that making a video about speculation, where he mixes possible civilizations based on the Wars of Liberty, is breaking the NDA. I highly doubt that an investigation has been done to clearly say that it has broken the NDA.

BTW in the video above (Aug 2020) he speculated on the arrival of the African DLC in the not too distant future, naming the Ethiopian civ as one of the candidates. Curious.
I was in the same discord as him that was very secretive and within like a day of learned of the new civs he made a YouTube video speculating about the new civs. If you agree to a
NDA and have access to that information that is something you don’t do.
mad cuz bad
Australia JKProwler
Dragoon

Post by JKProwler »

Well my question which should clear this up for me whether this was an oversight or he broke some nda rule is....was he given beta access to the US DLC?
Tokelau jesus3
Jaeger

Post by jesus3 »

A passionate and intense character is no excuse for breaking the NDA agreement. Grown ups who sign/agree to contracts are expected to follow them. From what I can see, he wanted to find ways around the NDA to profit from exclusive content.
Also, please don't try to make this a (another) "Spanish speaking community vs the rest of the world" fight because of feelings of belonging. This is solely about the person in question.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

A lot of other content creators do the same or similar with speculating about the upcoming civs/dlcs (and pretend that they don't know anything while already being included in it), I don't get how it can be considered as leaking informations for only mayorcete.
European Union scarm
Howdah
ESO: Malebranche

Post by scarm »

Adribird wrote: I didn't know that making a video about speculation, where he mixes possible civilizations based on the Wars of Liberty, is breaking the NDA. I highly doubt that an investigation has been done to clearly say that it has broken the NDA.
It doesn't matter if there's proof or not. If the people responsible for choosing marketing partners think he did, and choose not to involve him in the future, that is their decision. It is a business after all, it is not like he's entitled to get early info lol.
No Flag victorav29
Crossbow

Post by victorav29 »

When he's playing, he's always saying eat my d*ck and suchs things to the other players.

About the "cultural changes" he's full on paranoia, he said the the camel gatling guns riders where black because political correctness. (Dude, he even't stopped to listen that the units are speaking egyptian mameluke dialects and they are trained with the Arabian alliance).
Whether you agree or don't in this changes, you can discuss it without calling "tiraflechas" to the voice actor of the new American Natives civs. The equivalent it's calling n*gga to an Afroamerican. And yes, the voice acting was either poor recorded, mixed or acted, but no need to attack with this word. Just say that the voices lacked professionalism.

Hell, I even agree on some of his criticism
Great Britain Riotcoke
Retired Contributor
ECL Reigning ChampsDonator 01
ESO: Riotcoke
Clan: UwU

Post by Riotcoke »

He broke the NDA, this is very obvious and why he hasn't been invited to other Age series tests that require NDAs.

Also, if you actually try and work out player count by language just base it off ESOCs userbase which gives a relatively fair representation.

twitch.tv/stangoesdeepTV
No Flag Adribird
Musketeer

Post by Adribird »

jesus3 wrote:A passionate and intense character is no excuse for breaking the NDA agreement. Grown ups who sign/agree to contracts are expected to follow them. From what I can see, he wanted to find ways around the NDA to profit from exclusive content.
Also, please don't try to make this a (another) "Spanish speaking community vs the rest of the world" fight because of feelings of belonging. This is solely about the person in question.
How many Spanish-speaking people have early access?

Cri cri.
deleted_user wrote:A lot of other content creators do the same or similar with speculating about the upcoming civs/dlcs (and pretend that they don't know anything while already being included in it), I don't get how it can be considered as leaking informations for only mayorcete.
Tell that to @EAGLEMUT, @Riotcoke and @n0el, who like to repeat the same thing without having investigated.

Well, little can be expected of N0el and Riotcoke when they have liked Gibson's comment where he says he is a bad player and a moron.

That is the reputation they want from the forum, there they, toxicity repels a lot of people.
Tokelau jesus3
Jaeger

Post by jesus3 »

Adribird wrote:
jesus3 wrote:A passionate and intense character is no excuse for breaking the NDA agreement. Grown ups who sign/agree to contracts are expected to follow them. From what I can see, he wanted to find ways around the NDA to profit from exclusive content.

Cri cri.
Honestly, I don't understand what you're getting at and why you're provoking me.
What does your answer have to do with my post you cited? Do you know that number by any chance? What do you want to say?
No Flag Adribird
Musketeer

Post by Adribird »

jesus3 wrote:
Adribird wrote:

Cri cri.
Honestly, I don't understand what you're getting at and why you're provoking me.
What does your answer have to do with my post you cited? Do you know that number by any chance? What do you want to say?
I only asked you one question about this: Also, please don't try to make this a (another) "Spanish speaking community vs the rest of the world" fight because of feelings of belonging.

And then, I made the sound of the crickets (implying that I will not have an answer).
Great Britain Riotcoke
Retired Contributor
ECL Reigning ChampsDonator 01
ESO: Riotcoke
Clan: UwU

Post by Riotcoke »

Adribird wrote:

Cri cri.
deleted_user wrote:A lot of other content creators do the same or similar with speculating about the upcoming civs/dlcs (and pretend that they don't know anything while already being included in it), I don't get how it can be considered as leaking informations for only mayorcete.
Tell that to @EAGLEMUT, @Riotcoke and @n0el, who like to repeat the same thing without having investigated.

Well, little can be expected of N0el and Riotcoke when they have liked Gibson's comment where he says he is a bad player and a moron.

That is the reputation they want from the forum, there they, toxicity repels a lot of people.

I know personally he has been barred from a different beta from microsoft because he broke the AGE3DE NDA. So this isn't speculation.

twitch.tv/stangoesdeepTV
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Adribird wrote:

:flowers:
Argentina Jotunir
Howdah

Post by Jotunir »

victorav29 wrote:When he's playing, he's always saying eat my d*ck and suchs things to the other players.

About the "cultural changes" he's full on paranoia, he said the the camel gatling guns riders where black because political correctness. (Dude, he even't stopped to listen that the units are speaking egyptian mameluke dialects and they are trained with the Arabian alliance).
Whether you agree or don't in this changes, you can discuss it without calling "tiraflechas" to the voice actor of the new American Natives civs. The equivalent it's calling n*gga to an Afroamerican. And yes, the voice acting was either poor recorded, mixed or acted, but no need to attack with this word. Just say that the voices lacked professionalism.

Hell, I even agree on some of his criticism
Just one thing I would like to point out, it's not the equivalent of calling n*gga to an Afroamerican. "Tira flechas" literally means "arrow thrower". It's pejorative in this case, but it means primitive.
ESOC Business Team

Post by n0el »

I am not disagreeing that there should be Spanish or Brazilian content creators and giving them access, I am disagreeing that it should be mayorcete, who violated the NDA and was booted from the server in the past for leaking information and then trying to lie about that in public to save his image.
mad cuz bad
Spain Snuden
Jaeger
ESO: Snuden

Post by Snuden »

He broke the NDA.
[Sith] - Baphomet
No Flag Adribird
Musketeer

Post by Adribird »

Riotcoke wrote:
Adribird wrote:

Cri cri.

I know personally he has been barred from a different beta from microsoft because he broke the AGE3DE NDA. So this isn't speculation.
If your opinion on a video, which talks about "possible civilizations that could come out" and names the Koreans, Swedes, Incas and Italians based on the WOL, it is that it has broken the NDA, it is unfair to the community who have seen the video where he is accused and they did not even think that Mayorcete had leaked anything (if you saw the comments, no one knew that Mayorcete leaked because it was not technically so). I will say little more.
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

Holy shit, so much drama over a dead game.
Mongolia badger_prince
Musketeer
ESO: badger_prince

Post by badger_prince »

Adribird wrote: If your opinion on a video, which talks about "possible civilizations that could come out" and names the Koreans, Swedes, Incas and Italians based on the WOL, it is that it has broken the NDA, it is unfair to the community who have seen the video where he is accused and they did not even think that Mayorcete had leaked anything (if you saw the comments, no one knew that Mayorcete leaked because it was not technically so). I will say little more.
If Mayorcete and/or his fans are of the opinion that no leak happened, they should appeal to microsoft/aoe officials. Arguing on esoc will have no effect on the situation.

I also support preview keys for as many popular non-english streamers as possible. It can only grow the game. It would be great.
It will not work for streamers who broke an NDA before.
Are there no other spanish speaking streamers?
No Flag Adribird
Musketeer

Post by Adribird »

badger_prince wrote:
Adribird wrote: If your opinion on a video, which talks about "possible civilizations that could come out" and names the Koreans, Swedes, Incas and Italians based on the WOL, it is that it has broken the NDA, it is unfair to the community who have seen the video where he is accused and they did not even think that Mayorcete had leaked anything (if you saw the comments, no one knew that Mayorcete leaked because it was not technically so). I will say little more.
If Mayorcete and/or his fans are of the opinion that no leak happened, they should appeal to microsoft/aoe officials. Arguing on esoc will have no effect on the situation.

I also support preview keys for as many popular non-english streamers as possible. It can only grow the game. It would be great.
It will not work for streamers who broke an NDA before.
Are there no other spanish speaking streamers?
There are Devs in EsoC too.