Nomad Ottoman Cow Boom ?

Sweden Aurori
Crossbow
ESO: Average

Nomad Ottoman Cow Boom ?

Post by Aurori »

So I have a question I ask myself, how feasible do you guys think a Nomad age started Cow Boom is with Ottoman?
Basically, quickly after you’d have your TC built you’d gain your first shipment which could be ‘Ranching’, enabling you to train cows. And as Ottoman you dont need food for settlers, so you could probably train 10 Cows, now the question is; Can this delayed Age up to Colonial age endure foe’s tower rush ?
:export: ~ An apple a day
- keep the bad Mojo away ~
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Re: Nomad Ottoman Cow Boom ?

Post by Jaeger »

No, this strategy is very easy to scout and I am very confident it will lose to any other civ, whether they chose to rush or not.
last time i cryed was because i stood on Lego
United States of America Squamiger
Howdah
ESO: Squamiger

Post by Squamiger »

I’m not sure about ottomans. But I wonder about a livestock boom in supremacy in general. We see other types of booms pulled off, eg manor boom, fish boom, war priest boom. Could someone pull off a cow boom? What civ would do it best? What about China, since they already get villages? Would it ever pay off before it is punished?
Canada Cocaine
Lancer
ESO: Cow God

Post by Cocaine »

DO this is a 3v3 and you're going to win everytime. I have been doing a 5 pen cow boom with france in 3v3 since the past year now. Once everyone reaches age 3, and with a bit of luck you're unstoppble 1vs3. But it takes a shit ton of micro.
A little Cocaine never hurt nobody!

Vietnam duckzilla
Jaeger

Post by duckzilla »

Livestock booms have the fundamental problem of a delayed payoff. If your opponent rushes you, you are dead. If your opponent booms himself, you can reap massive benefits. Hence, a livestock boom can only be advisable when you are very sure that the game is becoming a boom game.
Whatever is written above: this is no financial advice.

Beati pauperes spiritu.
No Flag helln00
Howdah
ESO: helln00

Post by helln00 »

Cocaine wrote:DO this is a 3v3 and you're going to win everytime. I have been doing a 5 pen cow boom with france in 3v3 since the past year now. Once everyone reaches age 3, and with a bit of luck you're unstoppble 1vs3. But it takes a shit ton of micro.
Ah yes I remember a game where you did that, It does require a ton of walls and probably in the future should consider swinging to make it more effective.
No Flag helln00
Howdah
ESO: helln00

Post by helln00 »

Squamiger wrote:I’m not sure about ottomans. But I wonder about a livestock boom in supremacy in general. We see other types of booms pulled off, eg manor boom, fish boom, war priest boom. Could someone pull off a cow boom? What civ would do it best? What about China, since they already get villages? Would it ever pay off before it is punished?
China used to dominate livestock map on a 2 village start due to the cows finishing to fasten around the time one reach age 3, allowing for non-stop unit spam or FI. I think they had to even nerf the fattening rate pre age 3 for this reason alone.
Canada dansil92
Retired Contributor
ESO: dansil92

Post by dansil92 »

I wouldn't train cows but otto has some pretty ridiculous livestock shipments if i remember correctly
Canada Cocaine
Lancer
ESO: Cow God

Post by Cocaine »

helln00 wrote:
Cocaine wrote:DO this is a 3v3 and you're going to win everytime. I have been doing a 5 pen cow boom with france in 3v3 since the past year now. Once everyone reaches age 3, and with a bit of luck you're unstoppble 1vs3. But it takes a shit ton of micro.
Ah yes I remember a game where you did that, It does require a ton of walls and probably in the future should consider swinging to make it more effective.
It requires the team to defend the shit out of the first rush or two, until I could take over and 1vs3.. But thats the problem.. I sometimes got close to the transition and my team mates quit.. Cuz they were mad.
A little Cocaine never hurt nobody!