User avatar
Sweden Aurori
Crossbow
Posts: 2
ESO: Average
Location: Sweden

28 Jul 2020, 20:01

So I have a question I ask myself, how feasible do you guys think a Nomad age started Cow Boom is with Ottoman?
Basically, quickly after you’d have your TC built you’d gain your first shipment which could be ‘Ranching’, enabling you to train cows. And as Ottoman you dont need food for settlers, so you could probably train 10 Cows, now the question is; Can this delayed Age up to Colonial age endure foe’s tower rush ?
:export: ~ An apple a day
- keep the bad Mojo away ~
User avatar
No Flag ovi12
Jaeger
Posts: 4389

28 Jul 2020, 20:06

No, this strategy is very easy to scout and I am very confident it will lose to any other civ, whether they chose to rush or not.
last time i cryed was because i stood on Lego
User avatar
United States of America Squamiger
Dragoon
Posts: 332
ESO: Squamiger

30 Jul 2020, 01:02

I’m not sure about ottomans. But I wonder about a livestock boom in supremacy in general. We see other types of booms pulled off, eg manor boom, fish boom, war priest boom. Could someone pull off a cow boom? What civ would do it best? What about China, since they already get villages? Would it ever pay off before it is punished?
ajabu ya kondoo kucheka kioo
User avatar
Canada Cocaine
Lancer
Posts: 604
ESO: Moltke
Location: Your mothers room

30 Jul 2020, 02:21

DO this is a 3v3 and you're going to win everytime. I have been doing a 5 pen cow boom with france in 3v3 since the past year now. Once everyone reaches age 3, and with a bit of luck you're unstoppble 1vs3. But it takes a shit ton of micro.
A little Cocaine never hurt nobody!

Image
Vietnam duckzilla
Lancer
Posts: 885

30 Jul 2020, 06:40

Livestock booms have the fundamental problem of a delayed payoff. If your opponent rushes you, you are dead. If your opponent booms himself, you can reap massive benefits. Hence, a livestock boom can only be advisable when you are very sure that the game is becoming a boom game.
"To counter the pike-boom, you must become the pike-boom." - Karl V. (HRE)
No Flag helln00
Dragoon
Posts: 221
ESO: helln00

30 Jul 2020, 07:17

Cocaine wrote:DO this is a 3v3 and you're going to win everytime. I have been doing a 5 pen cow boom with france in 3v3 since the past year now. Once everyone reaches age 3, and with a bit of luck you're unstoppble 1vs3. But it takes a shit ton of micro.

Ah yes I remember a game where you did that, It does require a ton of walls and probably in the future should consider swinging to make it more effective.
No Flag helln00
Dragoon
Posts: 221
ESO: helln00

30 Jul 2020, 07:20

Squamiger wrote:I’m not sure about ottomans. But I wonder about a livestock boom in supremacy in general. We see other types of booms pulled off, eg manor boom, fish boom, war priest boom. Could someone pull off a cow boom? What civ would do it best? What about China, since they already get villages? Would it ever pay off before it is punished?


China used to dominate livestock map on a 2 village start due to the cows finishing to fasten around the time one reach age 3, allowing for non-stop unit spam or FI. I think they had to even nerf the fattening rate pre age 3 for this reason alone.
User avatar
Canada dansil92
ESOC Maps Team
Posts: 1382
ESO: dansil92

30 Jul 2020, 17:45

I wouldn't train cows but otto has some pretty ridiculous livestock shipments if i remember correctly
https://eso-community.net/viewtopic.php?p=441858#p441857
My official maps thread


There is a master sergeant level solution for every PR 40 problem.
-Le Hussard sur le toit
User avatar
Canada Cocaine
Lancer
Posts: 604
ESO: Moltke
Location: Your mothers room

01 Aug 2020, 02:27

helln00 wrote:
Cocaine wrote:DO this is a 3v3 and you're going to win everytime. I have been doing a 5 pen cow boom with france in 3v3 since the past year now. Once everyone reaches age 3, and with a bit of luck you're unstoppble 1vs3. But it takes a shit ton of micro.

Ah yes I remember a game where you did that, It does require a ton of walls and probably in the future should consider swinging to make it more effective.


It requires the team to defend the shit out of the first rush or two, until I could take over and 1vs3.. But thats the problem.. I sometimes got close to the transition and my team mates quit.. Cuz they were mad.
A little Cocaine never hurt nobody!

Image

Forum Info

Return to “Strategy”



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests