Ideas to turn HALBEDIERS and GRENADIERS into useful units

General forum about Age of Empires 3 DE. Please post strategy threads, recorded games, user-created content and tech support threads in their respective forum.
No Flag helln00
Howdah
ESO: helln00

Re: Ideas to turn HALBEDIERS and GRENADIERS into useful units

Post by helln00 »

Idk from my point of view the 4 speed + halbs doesnt need to be like dealing actual damage, but is so that the threat of closing in is more credible then what is on right now. Even if they get sniped the fact tats its harder to purely kite them either makes the opponents back off abit and allows ur range units to take shots back and so the halbs would be better at scaring units away
Latvia harcha
Gendarme
ESO: hatamoto_samurai

Post by harcha »

@macacoalbino you're not supposed to make skirms and musks not counter halbs, the idea is making halbs better at what they're supposed to do. thus increased speed would be good as that helps them fend off cavalry.

@ShinkuroYukinari i didn't even know that gren prices were buffed lol. i guess i need to test them out before adding to this discussion
POC wrote:Also I most likely know a whole lot more than you.
POC wrote:Also as an objective third party, and near 100% accuracy of giving correct information, I would say my opinions are more reliable than yours.
Brazil macacoalbino
Howdah
ESO: MacacoAlbino
Clan: 3Huss

Post by macacoalbino »

Yeah I got your point @harcha I just pointed that lowering the base attack would make them less scary to engage, while right now it's one of the scariest melee units to face if you are using a pure melee composition (not accounting carolineans ofc)