Sweden BO

General forum about Age of Empires 3 DE. Please post strategy threads, recorded games, user-created content and tech support threads in their respective forum.
No Flag hidden_blaze
Musketeer

Sweden BO

Post by hidden_blaze »

Greetings,

What is a current BO for Sweden? I'm basically asking for the card order, I most of the time go for 3vil, 700w, 600w to build a lot of torps, but i cannot do much more than that.

Other than that, is it still viable to play both age II and III depending on the MU? Or should i always look to go up to the thrid age?

And are Sweden stable openings a thing? I don't really know what else I'd open with against, for example, dutch, since caroleans seem to be a waste in that MU(?).
United States of America musketeer925
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: musketeer925

Re: Sweden BO

Post by musketeer925 »

Would be great to have a more recent write-up/BO/etc for the strategy wall.
Germany Joe
Dragoon

Post by Joe »

watch https://www.twitch.tv/zanerre for Top 50 Schweden Gameplay
Sweden Suzido
Crossbow
ESO: Suzido

Post by Suzido »

Yeah Zanerre and don artie are good streamers to follow to learn some Swedish. 600w is not really meta but can be situationally good, e.g. if you are under pressure. Try instead to get your torp techs in right after the 700w.

Stable openings are indeed a thing, but try not to overmass huss. Good vs e.g. Dutch, Ger (sometimes). Caroleans are not a waste in any MU though.
European Union aaryngend
Howdah
Clan: N3O

Post by aaryngend »

musketeer925 wrote:Would be great to have a more recent write-up/BO/etc for the strategy wall.
Would be great to have any guides and build orders updated at all. A lot of that stuff is horribly outdated and often times even for the old legacy game.
No Flag hidden_blaze
Musketeer

Post by hidden_blaze »

Suzido wrote:Yeah Zanerre and don artie are good streamers to follow to learn some Swedish. 600w is not really meta but can be situationally good, e.g. if you are under pressure. Try instead to get your torp techs in right after the 700w.

Stable openings are indeed a thing, but try not to overmass huss. Good vs e.g. Dutch, Ger (sometimes). Caroleans are not a waste in any MU though.
Thanks a lot for the insight, I appreciate it! :)

If I don't go 600 wood, how many torps would I build then? Max them out with vils on wood or is there some pop space number that's considered desirable?
European Union aaryngend
Howdah
Clan: N3O

Post by aaryngend »

hidden_blaze wrote:If I don't go 600 wood, how many torps would I build then? Max them out with vils on wood or is there some pop space number that's considered desirable?
You don't need to max them out before sending in cards like Engelsberg Torps. Yes, you will continue to have a lot of vills on wood to slowly up your torp count after the 700w are depleted. If it's not a heavy boom, I saw many swedish players go for roughly 120-140 pop in torps until they slowly up that number to full torp count by just chopping continously.
As others have said, 700w is a must, 600w is optional.
After Engelsberg, another eco boost is sending blueberries. Sometimes you don't even care about Engelsberg and send blueberries before that!

The days of being able to send Dominions and get 4 extra torp wagons which autobuild (and increase the HP of all existing and future torps) are sadly gone with the card moving to age 3.

Once you are age 3, sending blackberries some time after is also very beneficial, as your torp bushes have most likely run out or are running out soon. Don't forget that you can send this card twice.

Anyone correct me on parts I didn't get right please :!:
Sweden Suzido
Crossbow
ESO: Suzido

Post by Suzido »

aaryngend wrote:
hidden_blaze wrote:If I don't go 600 wood, how many torps would I build then? Max them out with vils on wood or is there some pop space number that's considered desirable?
You don't need to max them out before sending in cards like Engelsberg Torps. Yes, you will continue to have a lot of vills on wood to slowly up your torp count after the 700w are depleted. If it's not a heavy boom, I saw many swedish players go for roughly 120-140 pop in torps until they slowly up that number to full torp count by just chopping continously.
As others have said, 700w is a must, 600w is optional.
After Engelsberg, another eco boost is sending blueberries. Sometimes you don't even care about Engelsberg and send blueberries before that!

The days of being able to send Dominions and get 4 extra torp wagons which autobuild (and increase the HP of all existing and future torps) are sadly gone with the card moving to age 3.

Once you are age 3, sending blackberries some time after is also very beneficial, as your torp bushes have most likely run out or are running out soon. Don't forget that you can send this card twice.

Anyone correct me on parts I didn't get right please :!:
Seems about right. Just try to have enough on food (and coin if need be) to be able to train your batches, and the rest on wood to build torps asap.
United States of America musketeer925
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: musketeer925

Post by musketeer925 »

aaryngend wrote:
musketeer925 wrote:Would be great to have a more recent write-up/BO/etc for the strategy wall.
Would be great to have any guides and build orders updated at all. A lot of that stuff is horribly outdated and often times even for the old legacy game.
Even non-expert players taking some high-level VOD and transcribing the build order would be interesting. And that would likely get feedback from higher level players to correct issues/etc.