User avatar
France ǝɯɐuɹǝsn
Skirmisher
Posts: 199

17 Aug 2021, 17:52

link to download the new patch for legacy to still be able to play aoe 3 legacy online : https://www.ageofempires.com/ageiiiesopatch/ (from september 1st)
User avatar
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05
Posts: 4337
ESO: EAGLEMUT
Clan: WPact

17 Aug 2021, 17:59

Might as well at least use ESOC Patch at that point, since a manual patch is required either way :hmm:
User avatar
France ǝɯɐuɹǝsn
Skirmisher
Posts: 199

17 Aug 2021, 18:20

EAGLEMUT wrote:Might as well at least use ESOC Patch at that point, since a manual patch is required either way :hmm:


but the esoc patch is dead since the DE is out
Denmark Chinggis_Qaan
Crossbow
Posts: 28
ESO: Chinggis_Qaan
GameRanger ID: 1000

01 Sep 2021, 08:35

Is the patch needed if you are running the cd version of the game not launched/owned on steam

seems to have an essue patching the cd version.

/CQ
Denmark Chinggis_Qaan
Crossbow
Posts: 28
ESO: Chinggis_Qaan
GameRanger ID: 1000

01 Sep 2021, 08:53

Image
Image
Image

fail with all the exe files

Cd version not steam

/CQ
User avatar
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
ESOC Media Team
Donator 01
Posts: 7898
ESO: [VOC] Bram
Location: Amsterdam

01 Sep 2021, 08:59

@Chinggis_Qaan I think you need to click on age3.exe (vanilla version), not age3y.exe (the asian dynasties)
Denmark Chinggis_Qaan
Crossbow
Posts: 28
ESO: Chinggis_Qaan
GameRanger ID: 1000

01 Sep 2021, 13:29

Mr_Bramboy wrote:@Chinggis_Qaan I think you need to click on age3.exe (vanilla version), not age3y.exe (the asian dynasties)


Tried that aswell same error

/CQ
User avatar
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
ESOC Media Team
Donator 01
Posts: 7898
ESO: [VOC] Bram
Location: Amsterdam

01 Sep 2021, 13:57

Chinggis_Qaan wrote:
Mr_Bramboy wrote:@Chinggis_Qaan I think you need to click on age3.exe (vanilla version), not age3y.exe (the asian dynasties)


Tried that aswell same error

/CQ

Try loading the patch program in administrator mode (right-click the icon -> run in administrator mode (in Danish))
Denmark Chinggis_Qaan
Crossbow
Posts: 28
ESO: Chinggis_Qaan
GameRanger ID: 1000

01 Sep 2021, 15:43

Mr_Bramboy wrote:
Chinggis_Qaan wrote:
Mr_Bramboy wrote:@Chinggis_Qaan I think you need to click on age3.exe (vanilla version), not age3y.exe (the asian dynasties)


Tried that aswell same error

/CQ

Try loading the patch program in administrator mode (right-click the icon -> run in administrator mode (in Danish))


Did not work either on any of the exe hmm

/CQ
User avatar
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
ESOC Media Team
Donator 01
Posts: 7898
ESO: [VOC] Bram
Location: Amsterdam

01 Sep 2021, 15:45

Then I'm not sure .. perhaps the patch program does not work for the CD version. Have you considered buying DE?
User avatar
Netherlands MCJim
Retired Contributor
Posts: 2622
ESO: MCJim
Location: The Netherlands

01 Sep 2021, 18:41

Does this mean we lost ESO forever?
:food: AoE3 YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/jimleem1
:wood: AoE3 Twitch channel: http://www.twitch.tv/MCJim_


:coin: Age of Streaming YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/AgeOfStreaming
User avatar
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04
Posts: 21659
Location: Pennsylvania

01 Sep 2021, 18:51

Mr_Bramboy wrote:Then I'm not sure .. perhaps the patch program does not work for the CD version. Have you considered buying DE?

Bad suggestion from a bad guy
User avatar
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01
Posts: 4910
ESO: edeholland
GameRanger ID: 4053888
Clan: ESOC

01 Sep 2021, 22:42

MCJim wrote:Does this mean we lost ESO forever?

The domain eso.com? Yeah, probably.
France iNcog
Ninja
Posts: 12501

01 Sep 2021, 22:46

edeholland wrote:
MCJim wrote:Does this mean we lost ESO forever?

The domain eso.com? Yeah, probably.

https://www.eso.com
User avatar
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01
Posts: 4910
ESO: edeholland
GameRanger ID: 4053888
Clan: ESOC

02 Sep 2021, 10:38

iNcog wrote:
edeholland wrote:
MCJim wrote:Does this mean we lost ESO forever?

The domain eso.com? Yeah, probably.

https://www.eso.com
Yep, "we" lost it, meaning World's Edge no longer owns the domain.

If @MCJim is asking whether ESO the multiplayer platform is shut down, read the link or this thread: viewtopic.php?f=19&t=23405
User avatar
No Flag DayanG
Crossbow
Posts: 37
ESO: DayanG
Clan: NELOC

02 Sep 2021, 12:35

MCJim wrote:Does this mean we lost ESO forever?

No, it just changed into a health service
"I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once, but I fear the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times." :chinese:
“What is defeat? Nothing but education, the first step towards something better." :chinese:
User avatar
No Flag DayanG
Crossbow
Posts: 37
ESO: DayanG
Clan: NELOC

02 Sep 2021, 12:36

I am sarcastic for those who have not understood it
"I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once, but I fear the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times." :chinese:
“What is defeat? Nothing but education, the first step towards something better." :chinese:
User avatar
Netherlands MCJim
Retired Contributor
Posts: 2622
ESO: MCJim
Location: The Netherlands

02 Sep 2021, 13:39

edeholland wrote:
iNcog wrote:
Show hidden quotes

https://www.eso.com
Yep, "we" lost it, meaning World's Edge no longer owns the domain.

If @MCJim is asking whether ESO the multiplayer platform is shut down, read the link or this thread: viewtopic.php?f=19&t=23405

Thanks. This prevented a heart attack
:food: AoE3 YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/jimleem1
:wood: AoE3 Twitch channel: http://www.twitch.tv/MCJim_


:coin: Age of Streaming YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/AgeOfStreaming
User avatar
No Flag DayanG
Crossbow
Posts: 37
ESO: DayanG
Clan: NELOC

02 Sep 2021, 15:43

The ladders on esoc are still there, if I would play a game on legacy aoe3 now is it counted somewhere? I didn't understand what happened besides changing the domain
"I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once, but I fear the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times." :chinese:
“What is defeat? Nothing but education, the first step towards something better." :chinese:
User avatar
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05
Posts: 4337
ESO: EAGLEMUT
Clan: WPact

02 Sep 2021, 16:56

DayanG wrote:The ladders on esoc are still there, if I would play a game on legacy aoe3 now is it counted somewhere?

Yes, same as before.
I didn't understand what happened besides changing the domain

Absolutely nothing whatsoever.
And it looks like the domain still works too... :hmm:
Image
momuuu wrote:theres no way eaglemut is truly a top player
User avatar
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
ESOC Media Team
Donator 01
Posts: 7898
ESO: [VOC] Bram
Location: Amsterdam

02 Sep 2021, 18:11

EAGLEMUT wrote:
DayanG wrote:The ladders on esoc are still there, if I would play a game on legacy aoe3 now is it counted somewhere?

Yes, same as before.
I didn't understand what happened besides changing the domain

Absolutely nothing whatsoever.
And it looks like the domain still works too... :hmm:

I think what happened is that the owners of the eso.com domain figured out what was happening and told MS to stop pinging their domain by Sep 1st or else.
User avatar
No Flag DayanG
Crossbow
Posts: 37
ESO: DayanG
Clan: NELOC

03 Sep 2021, 00:05

EAGLEMUT wrote:
DayanG wrote:The ladders on esoc are still there, if I would play a game on legacy aoe3 now is it counted somewhere?

Yes, same as before.
I didn't understand what happened besides changing the domain

Absolutely nothing whatsoever.
And it looks like the domain still works too... :hmm:

Perfect, thanks for removing all my doubts
"I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once, but I fear the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times." :chinese:
“What is defeat? Nothing but education, the first step towards something better." :chinese:
User avatar
Netherlands MCJim
Retired Contributor
Posts: 2622
ESO: MCJim
Location: The Netherlands

14 Sep 2021, 21:14

I didn't have to download anything reaching ESO using the cd version.
:food: AoE3 YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/jimleem1
:wood: AoE3 Twitch channel: http://www.twitch.tv/MCJim_


:coin: Age of Streaming YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/AgeOfStreaming
User avatar
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05
Posts: 4337
ESO: EAGLEMUT
Clan: WPact

14 Sep 2021, 21:39

MCJim wrote:I didn't have to download anything reaching ESO using the cd version.

Yeah that's because contrary to Microsoft's announcements, literally nothing happened on September 1st :hmm:
Image
momuuu wrote:theres no way eaglemut is truly a top player
User avatar
Netherlands MCJim
Retired Contributor
Posts: 2622
ESO: MCJim
Location: The Netherlands

15 Sep 2021, 21:46

What??! :?
:food: AoE3 YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/jimleem1
:wood: AoE3 Twitch channel: http://www.twitch.tv/MCJim_


:coin: Age of Streaming YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/AgeOfStreaming

Forum Info

Return to “Tech Support”



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests