This is for discussions about news, politics, sports, other games, culture, philosophy etc.
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

21 May 2020, 05:10

For no particular reason
The doctor says it makes me stronger than your average Joe
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

21 May 2020, 05:15

I have no tips, this is more of a solicitation thread
Great Britain CuCkO0
Dragoon
ESO: CuCkO0

21 May 2020, 05:26

Big girls don’t cry
France iNcog
Ninja
ESO: kami_ryu

21 May 2020, 05:28

let it all out
For I am Oden, and I was born... TO BOIL!
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

21 May 2020, 05:35

iNcog wrote:let it all out

My eyes are so puffy right now they look like frogs ribbiting
India rsy
Howdah
Donator 01
ESO: RSY
GameRanger ID: 665696

21 May 2020, 06:17

Count your blessings my dude. You got to spend all that quality time with Tifa dont forget that. Tifa's got eight more lives mate, don't let Tifa see you crying
Attachments
Rescue Cat.PNG
Rescue Cat.PNG (689.71 KiB) Viewed 168 times
#IdrinkCoronas
Romania Dolan
Gendarme

21 May 2020, 11:31

Dw, she has ascended

ok.
No Flag RefluxSemantic
Jaeger
ESO: NWC_fan_101

21 May 2020, 11:37

I can't actually cry from feeling sad or bad. Sometimes I want to, but I can't.

Empathy does make me cry though, and it does too good of a job at that. Random sad video on the internet? Almost crying. Watching a movie that's hardly even emotional with my parents in law? Almost crying. Going to the funeral of some person I hardly even knew? Crying. My mother taught me that you can put the tip of your tong up against the back of your palate, and this actually prevents you from crying. I didn't think it would work, but it actually works. It's really convenient because sometimes crying is just completely inappropriate (and the masculine stereotype doesn't really help here) and this actually helps you. But I feel like that's not the sort of crying you are worried about.
:nwc: NWC fighting! :nwc:
Earth 007Salt
Musketeer
ESO: bittersalt123

23 May 2020, 13:53

Just try not to think about things... go for a run... grab an energy drink and play AOE3
No Flag lejend
Howdah

23 May 2020, 14:32

There is nothing that can replace the absence of someone dear to us, and one should not even attempt to do so. One must simply hold out and endure it.

At first that sounds very hard, but at the same time it is also a great comfort. For to the extent the emptiness truly remains unfilled one remains connected to the other person through it.

It is wrong to say that God fills the emptiness. God in no way fills it but much more leaves it precisely unfilled and thus helps us preserve—even in pain—the authentic relationship.

Further more, the more beautiful and full the remembrances, the more difficult the separation.

But gratitude transforms the torment of memory into silent joy. One bears what was lovely in the past not as a thorn but as a precious gift deep within, a hidden treasure of which one can always be certain.

—Dietrich Bonhoeffer, Letters and Papers from Prison, letter no. 89
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

23 May 2020, 14:40

lejend wrote:
There is nothing that can replace the absence of someone dear to us, and one should not even attempt to do so. One must simply hold out and endure it.

At first that sounds very hard, but at the same time it is also a great comfort. For to the extent the emptiness truly remains unfilled one remains connected to the other person through it.

It is wrong to say that God fills the emptiness. God in no way fills it but much more leaves it precisely unfilled and thus helps us preserve—even in pain—the authentic relationship.

Further more, the more beautiful and full the remembrances, the more difficult the separation.

But gratitude transforms the torment of memory into silent joy. One bears what was lovely in the past not as a thorn but as a precious gift deep within, a hidden treasure of which one can always be certain.

I was looking more for tips on how to make my eyes less puffy but thanks
Great Britain chris1089
Dragoon
ESO: chris1089

23 May 2020, 14:57

I think crying is an important part of grief. Being sad is part of working through grief, and suppressing it probably isn't a help to the process in the long run.
I wish I could give you a hug.
Earth 007Salt
Musketeer
ESO: bittersalt123

23 May 2020, 15:42

fightinfrenchman wrote:
lejend wrote:

I was looking more for tips on how to make my eyes less puffy but thanks

Doctor prescribing meds
India Ashvin
Retired Contributor
ESO: Octanium

23 May 2020, 15:54

@SirCallen yet another official thread

Forum Info

Return to “Real-life Discussion”