https://www.ageofempires.com/news/live- ... es-iii-de/
https://www.ageofempires.com/news/explo ... d-maltese/
"No, you are the one doing the flaming ("fan boy")" - Astaroth 2021
Also FUCKING FLAMETHROWER KNIGHTS
This is coolWith the Introduction of over 30 new European Maps, 9 new Minor Civilizations enter the game, adding an arsenal of unique new units, technologies, and abilities.
Beati pauperes spiritu.
* Now: I like the fact they are making justice to most of the wishes from community.
In terms of new content I can definitely say they are delivering what has been asked in the forums:
African expansion, new natives, south American maps, reviewed major civs, Italy civ, reworked cards, new cards for older civs, cattle mechanic, a grace for revolutions (Mexico) and now the so wished "European update": with the highly demanded european maps, Italy, european minor civs...
Pretty much 90% of the checkbox is marked, so I've got to congratulate them for that ! They deserve this praise. Specially because we live in the shadow of AOE2. I just wished they were a bit more vocal but it's fine in the end.
* Judging from my tracking...the most asked stuff still pending are:
- a review of Major Natives Lakota and Haudenosaunee (in the works)
- Legacy minor civis rework/viability (not a word about it but a dev passed by a post a few months ago);
- more minor natives for south America (not a word about it yet)
- more African minor civs/major civ (like Zulu etc)
- mercs reviewed/ new mercs (done occasionaly)
* I know people will criticize it due balance but unless most of the community is aware of that, I don't think the concerns about the balance of some civs for the top 1% will get the priority you hope for.
AOE3 needs some "face", "community leaders" or "YouTubers" to promote that.
Balance comes every month nonetheless, so eventually everything will be fine.
Anyway, I did preorder it, looks fun
This will be my favorite/second favorite DLC! Lots of new stuff but it feels familiar.
Italy has a special defensive building that can not train and garrison military units but also teleport them to another defensive building in the map. Purists are gonna be mad
The lesser the better tbf. QS map pool is alredy huge, really don't want to add more and end up not playing a specific maps for days or weeks.gibson wrote: ↑12 May 2022, 19:33A lot of the 30 maps are not at all competitive maps but cater to casuals. Like there are maps where you start with walls and towers, start with a random mill that gives you a food trickle, a map with random vils across the map, and the historical maps, none of which will ever be in the comp pool. I haven’t counted exactly but there’s probably 10/30 which will be in the comp pool at some point. Maybe 15.
Beati pauperes spiritu.
I only saw 3 on Drongo's video and its the House of Hanover
- Hussar with charged attack
- Drummer (griot that cant attack)
- ship hussar
- send one random shipment from the deck
- upgrade to drummer
- Age up to IMP with a factory wagon (cost is 12k 12k) - cost reduced with XP gain
- there's a tech that increases it's range by 2 (and other skirms by 1)
- Every time and individual unit kills something, it's range and ROF improve, capped at 3 kills. So after 3 kills this individual unit has 26 range and a 1.65 ROF. It's also an age II unit
All of these new 'nats' have this same 'promotion' mechanic which buffs a couple of their stats after kills, think the affected stats vary by unit.
Guess the solution to Inca fort is to make Inca nat rush even stronger? And meanwhile 'improve' the garrison mechanic for Malta by allowing them to teleport from garrison point to garrison point
The new natives are also on European maps, some of which (e.g. Pyrenees) are in the standard map pool as of now.iron_turtle wrote: ↑13 May 2022, 07:46Given that these new nats are only on historical maps, and I believe they will not be included in ranked map pool, new nats shouldn't cause much trouble. Good for forum posters lol, they finally got their wish. Someone wrote a 5000 word post on aoe forums on why devs should add military drummers and stuff like that.
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests