German FI ?!

France P i k i l i c
Howdah
ESO: Pikilic
GameRanger ID: 7497456

German FI ?!

Post by P i k i l i c »

German FI ?!

Hi all, I wanted to share a funny build I tried these days, as it worked surprisingly better than I thought
Note that I don't claim this strat to be viable, I only want to bring diversity and surprise. This can only be done against greedy play/greedy civs because of the very few amount of units you will have early on, and an opponent who scouts properly (or even look at decks :mrgreen: ) will want to pressure your base ASAP and crush you easily. But at my (low) level (master sergeant) this build can be really funny and effective against a shy opponent.

What is interesting in this build is that in the Industrial age, Germans get fantastic shipments such as 2 Heavy Cannons of course, but also 3 Horse Artillery, 4 Nitroglycerine Petards if you can afford to troll more, and above all 10 Guard Hussars from pecelot's homeland, knowing that all age IV shipments but this one give you 4 extra friendly Uhlans. Germans also have the 'Palatine settlements' card which is quite useful for the huge amount of pop you'll need

I highly recommend a map where you can build 2 TP, one of them in base is better

The deck I use :

Age I

Classic stuff here, TP or market depending on the start crates, 2 Settler Wagons as first card, wood treasures are welcome, age with the Quartermaster (400 :wood: )

Transition: Assign almost all villagers to :wood: , build what you are lacking (market or TP), gather for placer mines, a house, and 125 :wood: for steel traps, then all vills to :food: and :coin:

Age II

Send 3 SW, get steel traps, with your 400 :wood: from age up build a 2nd TP and 2 houses, no military building, which means that you are very fragile a this point

3rd card is Palatine settlements, you will really need this population in age IV
Gather :food: and :coin: in order to go age III ASAP, do it with the Marksman (6 skirms)

During transition gather for age IV

Age III

Send a mighty Fort to protect your colony, followed by 1000 :wood: .

Go Industrial with the Engineer (2 falconets). During transition, train War Wagons in your Fort. With 1000 :wood: , build a stable and a rax, keep 600 :wood: .

Age IV

If you succeeded to go so far unharmed, victory is almost yours. You should have a shipment waiting for your click, 10 Winged Hussars is almost always the best choice. The following ones depend much more of the progress of the game and your opponent's army composition.
Thanks to the 600 :wood: you have kept, research the 'Guard War Wagons' upgrade, and train more of them in your fort. Guards WW are pretty enjoyable units against age II or age III compositions.

Here are some recs of successful attempts, 3 on RE and one on the EP. I should'nt have tried this build against the Iroquois, but luckily he didn't attack early, he said after the game that he wasn't familiar with this civ. Even against Brits it is risky, you never really know what they will do, but against these guys it worked
Attachments
[RE SP] Pikilic[GE] vs wondutch[BR] - Sonora.age3yrec
On RE against Brits
(395.81 KiB) Downloaded 58 times
Sonora
Sonora
Rules: Supremacy (1v1)
Version: Official Patch (Legacy)
Length: 17 minutes
[RE SP] Pikilic[GE] vs Magic2607[IR] - Great Plains.age3yrec
On RE against Iroquois
(399.66 KiB) Downloaded 58 times
Great Plains
Great Plains
Length: 17 minutes
[RE SP] Pikilic[GE] vs Passi_Der_Große[BR] - Great Plains.age3yrec
On RE against Brits, only 1 TP
(405.32 KiB) Downloaded 50 times
Great Plains
Great Plains
Length: 14 minutes
[EP2 SP] Pikilic[GE] vs Octanium[PT] - ESOC Adirondacks.age3yrec
On the EP against Ports
(375.92 KiB) Downloaded 49 times
ESOC Adirondacks
ESOC Adirondacks
Version: ESOC Patch 2.0
Length: 15 minutes
Consider not the one who speaks the truth, but the truth that is said

:hmm: AoE logic :hmm:
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Re: German FI ?!

Post by pecelot »

I appreciate the shout-out :flowers:
United States of America HeatitUP_
Lancer

Post by HeatitUP_ »

This is auto win strat.. Could @H2O_ even beat this? The shipments are to real
All of the women on The Apprentice flirted with me - consciously or unconsciously. That's to be expected. - Donald Trump
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

If only uhlans and skirms werent royal guard :(
United States of America Darwin_
Howdah

Post by Darwin_ »

Lol this is probably a really good troll strat, but I have a BO for a more conservative one that is very practical in 3v3 games on large, defensive maps like siberia, and preferably with teammates playing civs that have good early military so that they can hold while you age and then carry them. The bo is as follows:
2sw
Age with 500 :food: or tower + 200 :coin:
700 :coin:
Age with exiled prince
700 :wood:
1000 :coin:
Age with 1000 :coin: politician or whatever else. You can normally hit age IV before 10-11 minutes.
somppukunkku wrote:This is not a fucking discogame.
Serbia sirmusket
Jaeger
ESO: ModernDayWarri0r

Post by sirmusket »

Darwin_ wrote:Lol this is probably a really good troll strat, but I have a BO for a more conservative one that is very practical in 3v3 games on large, defensive maps like siberia, and preferably with teammates playing civs that have good early military so that they can hold while you age and then carry them. The bo is as follows:
2sw
Age with exiled prince
Age with 1000 :coin: politician or whatever else. You can normally hit age IV before 10-11 minutes.

and another 5 min getting your factories and eco back, yeah gl doing an FI :)
Serbia sirmusket
Jaeger

Post by sirmusket »

P i k i l i c wrote:German FI ?!

Hi all, I wanted to share a funny build I tried these days, as it worked surprisingly better than I thought
Note that I don't claim this strat to be viable, I only want to bring diversity and surprise. This can only be done against greedy play/greedy civs because of the very few amount of units you will have early on, and an opponent who scouts properly (or even look at decks :mrgreen: ) will want to pressure your base ASAP and crush you easily. But at my (low) level (master sergeant) this build can be really funny and effective against a shy opponent.

What is interesting in this build is that in the Industrial age, Germans get fantastic shipments such as 2 Heavy Cannons of course, but also 3 Horse Artillery, 4 Nitroglycerine Petards if you can afford to troll more, and above all 10 Guard Hussars from pecelot's homeland, knowing that all age IV shipments but this one give you 4 extra friendly Uhlans. Germans also have the 'Palatine settlements' card which is quite useful for the huge amount of pop you'll need

I highly recommend a map where you can build 2 TP, one of them in base is better

The deck I use :

Age I

Classic stuff here, TP or market depending on the start crates, 2 Settler Wagons as first card, wood treasures are welcome, age with the Quartermaster (400 :wood: )

Transition: Assign almost all villagers to :wood: , build what you are lacking (market or TP), gather for placer mines, a house, and 125 :wood: for steel traps, then all vills to :food: and :coin:

Age II

Send 3 SW, get steel traps, with your 400 :wood: from age up build a 2nd TP and 2 houses, no military building, which means that you are very fragile a this point

3rd card is Palatine settlements, you will really need this population in age IV
Gather :food: and :coin: in order to go age III ASAP, do it with the Marksman (6 skirms)

During transition gather for age IV

Age III

Send a mighty Fort to protect your colony, followed by 1000 :wood: .

Go Industrial with the Engineer (2 falconets). During transition, train War Wagons in your Fort. With 1000 :wood: , build a stable and a rax, keep 600 :wood: .

Age IV

If you succeeded to go so far unharmed, victory is almost yours. You should have a shipment waiting for your click, 10 Winged Hussars is almost always the best choice. The following ones depend much more of the progress of the game and your opponent's army composition.
Thanks to the 600 :wood: you have kept, research the 'Guard War Wagons' upgrade, and train more of them in your fort. Guards WW are pretty enjoyable units against age II or age III compositions.

Here are some recs of successful attempts, 3 on RE and one on the EP. I should'nt have tried this build against the Iroquois, but luckily he didn't attack early, he said after the game that he wasn't familiar with this civ. Even against Brits it is risky, you never really know what they will do, but against these guys it worked

I like the way you write, thank's for the post, your a cool guy :)
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

Darwin_ wrote:Lol this is probably a really good troll strat, but I have a BO for a more conservative one that is very practical in 3v3 games on large, defensive maps like siberia, and preferably with teammates playing civs that have good early military so that they can hold while you age and then carry them. The bo is as follows:
2sw
Age with exiled prince

Why not ship 3 SW? Pretty sure you are up just as fast with the BO in the OP if you just age fast instead of 6 skirm and ship 1k gold
last time i cryed was because i stood on Lego
Tonga sdsanft
Howdah
ESO: sdsanft

Post by sdsanft »

Correct me if I'm wrong, but in an fi, slow age to fort is better because you want the extra units to help hold and you've got to gather res for indus anyways so the extra time doesn't make much of a difference. Sure, with the fast age you can get age3 unit shipments out faster to help hold, just in case, but in that scenario a straight ff/semi ff would be better anyways.

Site: Be there or be square
Jakey: I'm square because I'm not around
Serbia sirmusket
Jaeger

Post by sirmusket »

sdsanft wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong, but in an fi, slow age to fort is better because you want the extra units to help hold and you've got to gather res for indus anyways so the extra time doesn't make much of a difference. Sure, with the fast age you can get age3 unit shipments out faster to help hold, just in case, but in that scenario a straight ff/semi ff would be better anyways.

yeah i agree
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

sdsanft wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong, but in an fi, slow age to fort is better because you want the extra units to help hold and you've got to gather res for indus anyways so the extra time doesn't make much of a difference. Sure, with the fast age you can get age3 unit shipments out faster to help hold, just in case, but in that scenario a straight ff/semi ff would be better anyways.

Its completely situational honestly. Sometimes its better to age fast so you can get like 1k coin out quick and ultimately age to 4 faster
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

gibson wrote:

Its completely situational honestly. Sometimes its better to age fast so you can get like 1k coin out quick and ultimately age to 4 faster

If your opponent scouted the FI and is attacking you on purpose and pushing you in age 3, I don't think 6 skirms will make the difference between holding and not holding. Better get to IV faster imo
Switzerland _venox_
Howdah
ESO: _Venox_

Post by _venox_ »

With the fast age up you might get a better chance at putting up your fort for defence. I think you can also go for the standard 9 uhlan or prolongued semi ff and just gather the 2000 - 1200 for the age up, sending 1000w in the meantime. I think the uhlans can help you out at pulling it off by the raiding pressure and defensive measurements they provide, also allowing you to transition into standard fortress play at will.
I've made the experience that doppels, uhlans, bashkir ponies and heavy cannons is the funniest composition to do as the germans. Unlike colonial doppel / uhlans, with the artillery support musketeers shouldn't be your biggest weakness anymore.
Depending on whether you use warwagons or uhlans more you could exchange one colonial cavalry upgrade for the industrial uhlan upgrade.
Don't let the things you can't change dictate your life.
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03

Post by pecelot »

Germans don't have Bashkirs, Russians do.
Switzerland _venox_
Howdah
ESO: _Venox_

Post by _venox_ »

In that case you send 10 Polish hussars on Red Bull if you can't cheat yourself some Bashkirs.
Don't let the things you can't change dictate your life.
Serbia sirmusket
Jaeger

Post by sirmusket »

The last age 4 card in the deck <3 <3
France P i k i l i c
Howdah
ESO: Pikilic
GameRanger ID: 7497456

Post by P i k i l i c »

Thanks for the feedback guys, it is highly appreciated and interesting ! :flowers:
I also remember a debate between Kaiser and diarouga about the age III politician for a french FI ! Ok, I'll give a try to the fast one and see when he can be better :smile:
Consider not the one who speaks the truth, but the truth that is said

:hmm: AoE logic :hmm:
Great Britain britishmusketeer
Howdah

Post by britishmusketeer »

With an FI, getting the fort out asap is essential since once they start attacking you, they will likely catch on to the fact you are going for an fi and keep applying pressure meaning you will never be able to send the fort.
Howdah

Post by Darwin_ »

ovi12 wrote:
2sw
Age with exiled prince

Why not ship 3 SW? Pretty sure you are up just as fast with the BO in the OP if you just age fast instead of 6 skirm and ship 1k gold

You totally can ship 3sw instead of 700w, but that would mean that you have to ship 1000w after 1000c, which only slows down your factories.
Howdah

Post by Darwin_ »

sirmusket wrote:
2sw
Age with exiled prince

and another 5 min getting your factories and eco back, yeah gl doing an FI :)

The strength of the German FI is that they dont need that kind of time to recover. All they have to do is ship 10 Guard Huss or 2 Heavy cannons, and make 10 uhlans out of the two stables that you drop with the 1k :wood: to settle, or they can just ship factories (almost a 11 vill shipment may I remind you) and spam uhlan. They normally get up to age IV with about 22-27 vills depending on if you ship sw's, and if they ship factories as their first two cards in Age IV, they have over 45 vills at 12:30, which is better than ports doing an economical semi-ff with no TP's, and Germany also has ridiculous potential after that. They are probably one of the strongest civs in early age IV besides maybe Japan, and almost as comparatively strong in late Industrial, probably only being beaten by Brits, Japs, and Ports (maybe india but idk, never done an FI as india ^^).
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

If you're going to FI, do it right and go china old han reforms. Bbbbrrroookeennn
Howdah

Post by Darwin_ »

deleted_user wrote:If you're going to FI, do it right and go china old han reforms. Bbbbrrroookeennn
:P :P :P
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03

Post by pecelot »

3 SWs for a couple of minutes is better than shipping a factory 30 secs sooner.
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

Get also has 6sw card in IV
Tonga sdsanft
Howdah
ESO: sdsanft

Post by sdsanft »

Honestly, in an fi, getting facts out isn't a priority. They're only like 6 vills each and so you're generally gonna want to get out military shipments out asap so you can hold, then maybe crates and then your facts. Sure they can help you catch up economically once you've stabilised but realistically by the time you get to send facts you probs should havr won already (or your in a considerable lead/winning position) unless your opponent has somehow managed to follow you to age 4 as well or they're like jap/India with big eco in age 3.

Site: Be there or be square
Jakey: I'm square because I'm not around