Gun Control

This is for discussions about news, politics, sports, other games, culture, philosophy etc.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Re: Gun Control

Post by deleted_user0 »

vardar wrote:Your comparison with national nukes and personal nukes is asinine, I really cannot answer it. To compare a weapon that can kill millions in one drop to a gun is absolutely....asinine. It is neither realistic or ideal because it is impossible to even occur.

And you make it seem like America is the only country that has had troubles with racism, which is clearly not so. There are racists but it is not a racist country like you portray it as. You read about shootings and jump to the conclusion that America is racist. There is no systematic racism. If anything, the black on black violence is the most troubling as well as the problem with children growing up with no father figures in their lives....that is something that is worrying and needs to be fixed.

Point out to me the systematic racism and I will agree that it needs to be fixed.

well you comparing guns to knives, a weapon that can kill many in a short period of time vs one that can realistically kill only one to very few in quite a long time. what about assault rifles vs guns?!. what does it matter if you kill one or millions anyway, isnt every life equally valuable, assuming they are a normal person (let's not get in to the big baddy ppl debate!)

and i dont see how you can get from my posts that i think or make it seem that america is the only country with problems concerning racism. i dont think i even really mentioned racism, this is all in your head.
United States of America vardar
Lancer
ESO: VardarB98/DemonDeacs

Post by vardar »

umeu wrote:
vardar wrote:Your comparison with national nukes and personal nukes is asinine, I really cannot answer it. To compare a weapon that can kill millions in one drop to a gun is absolutely....asinine. It is neither realistic or ideal because it is impossible to even occur.

And you make it seem like America is the only country that has had troubles with racism, which is clearly not so. There are racists but it is not a racist country like you portray it as. You read about shootings and jump to the conclusion that America is racist. There is no systematic racism. If anything, the black on black violence is the most troubling as well as the problem with children growing up with no father figures in their lives....that is something that is worrying and needs to be fixed.

Point out to me the systematic racism and I will agree that it needs to be fixed.

well you comparing guns to knives. what does it matter if you kill one or millions anyway, isnt every life equally valuable, assuming they are a normal person (let's not get in to the big baddy ppl debate!)

and i dont see how you can get from my posts that i think or make it seem that america is the only country with problems concerning racism. i dont think i even really mentioned racism, this is all in your head.

Why do you mention kkk and lynch then?
c0ns!
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

just because of that can do go get-em attitude you like to pride in americans
United States of America vardar
Lancer
ESO: VardarB98/DemonDeacs

Post by vardar »

umeu wrote:just because of that can do go get-em attitude you like to pride in americans

Makes complete sense
c0ns!
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

This discussion is always very interesting in the sense that those that promote guns are willing to go extreme lengths to defend it and end up confessing pretty weird things like hey lets legalize heroin.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

Jerom wrote:This discussion is always very interesting in the sense that those that promote guns are willing to go extreme lengths to defend it and end up confessing pretty weird things like hey lets legalize heroin.

but not nukes. even though heroine and the heroine trade has caused devastation on a massive scale ever since the british empire forced china to opens its borders in the opium wars. fucking disgusting. but nukes.... nahhhhhhhhhhhh can kill billions, hasnt killed billions, but NUH!
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

vardar wrote:
umeu wrote:just because of that can do go get-em attitude you like to pride in americans

Makes complete sense

Also great trade mentality, best i've ever seen. You will never see a nation witch such a trade mentality. Made some pretty darn good deals, with the indians and what not. Great mentality, I know it, you know it, the world knows it.
United States of America XeeleeFlower
Retired Contributor
Xeelee Patron

Post by XeeleeFlower »

The snark and the venom that has dripped all over this thread makes me so sad. America is not without its issues, neither are Americans. But I grow so weary of the elitism that people from other countries exude when talking about and generalizing Americans. Carry on though :flowers: Don't forget to mention something like Americans like their guns just as much as they like to eat :roll:

(Yes, I recognize that I am also being snarky.)
Time is wise and our wounds seem to heal to the rhythm of aging,
But our past is a ghost fading out that at night it’s still haunting.

http://www.galactanet.com/oneoff/theegg_mod.html
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

maybe take a hard look in the mirror, because there is a tendency from american posters on this forum, and many other forums too, to take any criticism on ways to handle a problem as a personal dislike towards americans. whereas more often than not, this is not the case. you can disagree with how things are handled in america without hating americans, or without making it into a cultural issue, but that's hard because every criticism is countered by the same argument, were amewicans, this is how we do and u dont understand amewica!!! also, this problem doesnt exist only in amewica is a good 2nd! golly gosh, u sewious?!
Retired Contributor
Xeelee Patron

Post by XeeleeFlower »

Oh Umeu! I still think you are lovely. In fact, you all are. :flowers:

Netherland Antilles Laurence Drake
Jaeger

Post by Laurence Drake »

true tbh
Top quality poster.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

umeu wrote:maybe take a hard look in the mirror, because there is a tendency from american posters on this forum, and many other forums too, to take any criticism on ways to handle a problem as a personal dislike towards americans. whereas more often than not, this is not the case. you can disagree with how things are handled in america without hating americans, or without making it into a cultural issue, but that's hard because every criticism is countered by the same argument, were amewicans, this is how we do and u dont understand amewica!!! also, this problem doesnt exist only in amewica is a good 2nd! golly gosh, u sewious?!

This entire thread has been, essentially, a conversation between exactly two people.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

that comment didnt limit itself to this thread? or site even.
United States of America n0el
ESOC Business Team
ESO: jezabob
Clan: 팀 하우스

Post by n0el »

@site (person) or (web)site. Thanks to the person everyone is required to be specific now.
mad cuz bad
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

/vote site to be forced to change his name
United States of America site
Lancer
Donator 01
ESO: site

Post by site »

I am open to name suggestions.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

umeu wrote:that comment didnt limit itself to this thread? or site even.

I'm saying you took a conversation with one individual and created a somewhat large generalization out of it.

An awfully disparaging generalization.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

no, not at all. I'm taking my experiences with several people on this forum and other forums, and i draw a conclusion based on those experiences. Read again, I didn't say all americans do that, I didn't quantify, which indeed may confuse you to believe i meant all.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

I guess I just found it very demeaning regardless of the quantity.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

And why is that? There have been 2 people in this thread doing just what i said, and i've come across several other who have responded similarly on other sites. Am i not allowed to say that? It's not even a generalisation because i am talking about particular people.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

You're allowed to say whatever you want. I never said you weren't.

While you did not intend it to be nor is it really a generalization I initially thought it to be with wording like this:

"...because every criticism is countered by the same argument, were amewicans, this is how we do and u dont understand amewica!!! also, this problem doesnt exist only in amewica is a good 2nd! golly gosh, u sewious?!"

It just feels a little mean, is all. It kind of hurt my feelings. You can attack a person's position(s) without resorting to attacking their national and cultural background.

Edit: Feel free to draw your own conclusions from what I've sad and agree or disagree. I just wanted to voice how it made me feel and how I interpreted it, is all.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

Well, there mustve been some confusion then, though I admit I couldve phrased myself more clearly. However, your reply kinda shows what I meant, you also felt like i attacked all americans, though I didn't.
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

:flowers:
Retired Contributor
Xeelee Patron

Post by XeeleeFlower »

:flowers: :flowers:

Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

Oh I see how it is