Ranking up on ESO

United States of America mwhit6
Crossbow
ESO: mwhit6

Re: Ranking up on ESO

Post by mwhit6 »

JakeyBoyTH wrote:
mwhit6 wrote:http://imgur.com/a/ktfK6 this just happened, not sure what to do when red quits early and my teammates neither speak a lick of english nor keep the enemy from sending 1,000 Oprichniks repeatedly into their economy, which I had to repeatedly chase down with Jinetes and kill, which prevented me from contributing towards the main fight, which took place at the river ford on Orinoco

What I did is play mainly FFA, and make friends, then play rated games with them. You won't get kicked in an FFA.

I just did my first FFA--played Portugal--worst experience I've ever had in AOE3, it was horrifying. How do people do this?
Korea South jj0823
Musketeer
ESO: jj0823

Post by jj0823 »

Best thing you can do is 1v1's, as others have said. I started out playing with a friend and it was fun and all, but I never really improved. He stopped playing, I didn't, and instead continued to 1v1, now working my way through Master Sergeant. It is by far the best thing you can do to improve yourself; big team games are also fun but in my experiences they teach more bad habits than good. Also, I would start out in a mid-tier civilization because if all you do is lame Otto and Iro you will only get worse.
New Zealand JakeyBoyTH
Howdah
ESO: Ex-Contributor

Post by JakeyBoyTH »

mwhit6 wrote:
JakeyBoyTH wrote:
mwhit6 wrote:http://imgur.com/a/ktfK6 this just happened, not sure what to do when red quits early and my teammates neither speak a lick of english nor keep the enemy from sending 1,000 Oprichniks repeatedly into their economy, which I had to repeatedly chase down with Jinetes and kill, which prevented me from contributing towards the main fight, which took place at the river ford on Orinoco

What I did is play mainly FFA, and make friends, then play rated games with them. You won't get kicked in an FFA.

I just did my first FFA--played Portugal--worst experience I've ever had in AOE3, it was horrifying. How do people do this?

I tell people I'm peaceful and that I'm just here to practice my boom then resign. Then of course I don't and then just beat everyone.
Advanced Wonders suck

- Aizamk

Ugh Advanced Wonders suck

- Aizamk
Kyrgyzstan AOEisLOVE_AOEisLIFE
Lancer
ESO: dats my secret

Post by AOEisLOVE_AOEisLIFE »

JakeyBoyTH wrote:previous blabla

I tell people I'm peaceful and that I'm just here to practice my boom then resign. Then of course I don't and then just beat everyone.

you are one strategic mastermind of psychological illusion. whoever started this "how i get em levelz thread", listen to this guy.