QS

Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

QS

Post by pecelot »

I have two questions about quicksearch:
how long does it take to find a game? When there are more than 1k people on ESO it took me 20-30 secs max when I tried twice, but when there is a smaller number of players online is waiting for more than a minute worth it? Will it find me a game or it wiill continue forever?
Can one quit at the beginning of a QS game without dropping ELO points? Sometimes I would like to play for example Ports so I wouldn't like to be bashed by Umeu's Otto or Iro lol.
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01
ESO: edeholland
GameRanger ID: 4053888
Clan: ESOC

QS

Post by edeholland »

I heard that a quicksearch game is always rated. In normal games, you can leave the game in the first 2 minutes and not lose any ELO/PR. But I would need another opinion on this matter.
Switzerland _venox_
Howdah
ESO: _Venox_

QS

Post by _venox_ »

You won't lose pr if you quit before 2, but you will always lose elo. You won't win pr if you win against the same person in a row.
Don't let the things you can't change dictate your life.
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

QS

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

If I recall correctly, any qs game is automatically rated. However, a game hosted is ONLY rated after 2:00
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01
ESO: edeholland
GameRanger ID: 4053888
Clan: ESOC

QS

Post by edeholland »

This thread might be able to help you out: http://eso-community.net/thread/688/game-rated
Netherlands MCJim
Retired Contributor
ESO: MCJim

QS

Post by MCJim »

bramboy wrote:If I recall correctly, any qs game is automatically rated. However, a game hosted is ONLY rated after 2:00
That''s right. Every qs game is rated from the beginning. If you quit before 2 min, it''s rated.
:food: My AoE3 YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/MCJimAgeofEmpiresIII
:wood: My AoE3 Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/MCJim_

:coin: Age of Streaming YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/AgeOfStreaming
Great Britain CuCkO0
Dragoon
ESO: CuCkO0

QS

Post by CuCkO0 »

mcjim wrote:
bramboy wrote:If I recall correctly, any qs game is automatically rated. However, a game hosted is ONLY rated after 2:00
Thats right. Every qs game is rated from the beginning. If you quit before 2 min, its rated.

What these guys said.

Every single game you play in QS is rated from the start. You can quit at 0 seconds and you will get the loss and lose ELO+PR.

However if you host a game, it is not rated until 2 minutes.
KINGofOsmane wrote:If Elo is down what are we even fighting for
You have not set your flag, click to select your flag. Marco1698

QS

Post by Marco1698 »

There isn't a certain period of the time you have to wait for playing. Depends exclusively from who is trying to play qs with you. You can wait less if you put within 15 lvls but you can risk to find a player too much strong / bad than you. Even you resign at 1 sec you will lose pr + elo. That's because the game is always rated while if the game is hosted by browser it will counted only after 2 minutes. Now you understand why it's pretty hard to find a normal civ against on qs. Best civs all the time
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

QS

Post by pecelot »

lol that''s just a paradise for high lvl bashers xD
thanks

EDIT:

marco1698 wrote:There isn''t a certain period of the time you have to wait for playing. Depends exclusively from who is trying to play qs with you. You can wait less if you put within 15 lvls but you can risk to find a player too much strong / bad than you. Even you resign at 1 sec you will lose pr + elo. That''s because the game is always rated while if the game is hosted by browser it will counted only after 2 minutes. Now you understand why it''s pretty hard to find a normal civ against on qs. Best civs all the time

wow, that was actually pretty helpful, thanks
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

QS

Post by gibson »

venox wrote:You won''t lose pr if you quit before 2, but you will always lose elo. You won''t win pr if you win against the same person in a row.

bullshit. Elo and pr are directly connected in that the elo website gets its stats from agecom so if a game is not rated it will not affect elo. Also, qs games are always rated no matter how long or short they are.