E3 2016. New Age Of Empires.

What do you think Microsoft will show on E3 2016?

Age of Empires Mobile
19%
Age of Empires 4
51%
Age of Empires 2 Expansion
4%
Age of Empires 3 Expansion
14%
Age of Mythology Expansion
1%
Age of Empires I HD
10%

Total votes: 90

Canada _NiceKING_
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: _NiceKING_
GameRanger ID: 9999999
Clan: Xbox

E3 2016. New Age Of Empires.

Post by _NiceKING_ »

According to recent Microsoft leaks, on E3 2016 Microsoft will be showing new games, including something related to Age Of Empires. Is it going to be a new mobile game, a new age of empires 4 or a new expansion for AoE2/AoE3?
We will see it later this month; what are your thoughts?
Bavaria Gichtenlord
Howdah
Donator 03

Re: E3 2016. New Age Of Empires.

Post by Gichtenlord »

EHRMAGERD A NEW AOE MOBILE GAME OR IS IT AOE1 HD??? FINALLY OMG
r]
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

NEW MOBILE GAME PLS WITH THE THINGS WHICH TAKE HOURS TO COMPLETE AND I CAN BUY GEMS TO SPEED THE PROCESS UP TO SUPPORT THE DEVELOPERS BUT IT DOESN'T MATTER BECAUSE I NORMALLY PAY 50 EUROS FOR A GAME ANYWAYS SO I CAN BUY THOUSANDS OF GEMMMMMMSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
United States of America noissance
Jaeger
Donator 01
ESO: noissance

Post by noissance »

Probably a mobile game or age 3 expansion. If they do decide to make age4, idk what era it could be... Maybe world war 1? like battlefield?
Error 404: Signature not found
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

Age of empires 3 expansion? what are people thinking.
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Post by zoom »

Mobile obviously. Only viable market.
United States of America noissance
Jaeger
Donator 01
ESO: noissance

Post by noissance »

Jerom wrote:Age of empires 3 expansion? what are people thinking.

That's more likely than a new age of empires game, as M$ only cares about XBOX.
Error 404: Signature not found
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

I think a new aoe2/aom expansion seem more interesting in that case, especially since aoe3 is relatively modern thus would require "effort" to properly develope, while its easy to live up to aoe2 standards.
Canada _NiceKING_
Retired Contributor
Donator 01

Post by _NiceKING_ »

Microsoft seems to follow chronological order of the game releases. First they released a new expansion for aoe2 after so many years, then there was the release of aom expansion; logically, aoe3 expansion could be next.
Spain yoqpasa
Lancer
ESO: yoqpasa

Post by yoqpasa »

Microsoft? Then pick the worst option available. Age of Castle Siege, AO2 4k, AOEO2, AOE2 for Xbox 1... The posibilities are countless.

Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

It is just a rumor for now. If a teaser with some Age of Empires related content comes, then we can start calling it a leak.
Image Image Image
Bavaria Gichtenlord
Howdah
Donator 03

Post by Gichtenlord »

_NiceKING_ wrote:Microsoft seems to follow chronological order of the game releases. First they released a new expansion for aoe2 after so many years, then there was the release of aom expansion; logically, aoe3 expansion could be next.

Just wont happen. Imo, aoe3 is the least interesting classic aoe game for the mainstream, while something like aoe1 remake would get more attention
r]
Germany lordraphael
Pro Player
EWTNWC LAN SilverAdvanced Division WinnerDonator 01

Post by lordraphael »

if it is true it wont be a new mobile game ( if they do so i hope this company goes down, so that someone else can purchase the rights for aoe :P ). An aoe 3 expansion is actually not that unlikely given their current policy and the fact that they also made a new expansion for aom, which already wasnt as succesful as their previous games( I think ).
However since garja has pretty much been talking about it for 1 year or more. Ill go with a new game :)
breeze wrote: they cant even guess how much f***ing piece of stupid retarded they look they are trying to give lesson to people who are over pr35 and know the best mu. im pretty sure that we need a page that only pr30+ post and then we could have a nice discussins.
Germany lordraphael
Pro Player

Post by lordraphael »

Jerom wrote:I think a new aoe2/aom expansion seem more interesting in that case, especially since aoe3 is relatively modern thus would require "effort" to properly develope, while its easy to live up to aoe2 standards.

funny that you say that apparantly they fucked up all remakes / expansions so far. Not that easy after all.
breeze wrote: they cant even guess how much f***ing piece of stupid retarded they look they are trying to give lesson to people who are over pr35 and know the best mu. im pretty sure that we need a page that only pr30+ post and then we could have a nice discussins.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

lordraphael wrote:
Jerom wrote:I think a new aoe2/aom expansion seem more interesting in that case, especially since aoe3 is relatively modern thus would require "effort" to properly develope, while its easy to live up to aoe2 standards.

funny that you say that apparantly they fucked up all remakes / expansions so far. Not that easy after all.

Well I mean resource-light in terms of design. But yeah it's microsoft, tying shoelaces is hard for microsoft.
Bavaria Gichtenlord
Howdah
Donator 03

Post by Gichtenlord »

For the sake of having a new quality aoe game, they should have sold it to blizzard in the first place :P
r]
Tonga sdsanft
Howdah
ESO: sdsanft

Post by sdsanft »

_NiceKING_ wrote:According to recent Microsoft leaks, on E3 2016 Microsoft will be showing new games, including something related to Age Of Empires. Is it going to be a new mobile game, a new age of empires 4 or a new expansion for AoE2/AoE3?
We will see it later this month; what are your thoughts?

link? evidence? i wont believe til i see it.

Site: Be there or be square
Jakey: I'm square because I'm not around
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

I mean, there have been more rumours. Last rumours amounted into aoe2hd and aoe castle siege so they had some validity. But aoe:o wasn't even that long ago. It was just so unsuccesful that people kinda lost hope of ever having a new aoe but it is possible. I just fear that microsoft will use aoe to push their own agenda (will it be xbox, or tablets or phones again?). I feel like at some point aoe online could've developed into a phone application (the home city management that is) for windows phones only.
United States of America HeatitUP_
Lancer

Post by HeatitUP_ »

They will probably do another stupid ass mobile cash grabbin shit game.
All of the women on The Apprentice flirted with me - consciously or unconsciously. That's to be expected. - Donald Trump
United States of America Papist
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Papist

Post by Papist »

My money is on a mobile game. Or they might just be celebrating small updates to already released projects (AoE2: The African Kingdoms, AOM Chinese expansion). In situations like these, I am the hopeful pessimist - I hope for the best, but expect the worst. That way I am pleasantly surprised at best and at worst simply have my beliefs confirmed.
The function of man is to live, not to exist.
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Post by zoom »

_NiceKING_ wrote:Microsoft seems to follow chronological order of the game releases. First they released a new expansion for aoe2 after so many years, then there was the release of aom expansion; logically, aoe3 expansion could be next.

Either that or they follow – you know – the money...

I consider an AoE3 expansion EXTREMELY unlikely, and a remake unlikely but not completely out of the question.
Germany lordraphael
Pro Player

Post by lordraphael »

Gichtenlord wrote:For the sake of having a new quality aoe game, they should have sold it to blizzard in the first place :P

tbh even if blizzard bought it ( which is kinda questionable by itself ) we wouldnt get a new game. Blizzard already has warcraft and starcraft in their rts game department.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

It won't be anything aoe 3 related
Canada _NiceKING_
Retired Contributor
Donator 01