As you may have noticed, the media team has been very busy organizing and managing this tournament. So busy, in fact, that we are looking for people to strengthen our team. Anyone is free to apply and you will hear from us within a week. We are specifically looking for a stream manager or news post writer.
The Media team produces the largest events in the AOE3 community and handles everything that goes with that. We have a forum with high visibility where your work can be seen and promoted. We also have a dedicated YouTube, Twitter, Twitch and Facebook page making it a complete stack to work on media and marketing. We need more people who are interested in running large events and leveraging our network to reach as many AOE3 players as possible.
Being a media team member is an unpaid and often tedious position. You will not receive any benefits when it comes to tournaments, events, or otherwise. Please only apply if you genuinely want to help ESOC’s effort and you expect to be active in doing so.
The deadline is Sunday, June 4th, 2017 at 23:59 GMT.
To be eligible, you must:
- Have an ESOC account that is at least 6 months old. More is a bonus.
- Have a Discord account.
- Have a Google account.
- Be available to be active on ESOC and Discord for extended periods of time most days.
- Work with a team of people efficiently.
- Be able to remain calm under stressful situations.
- Be able to take criticism well.
- Have effective written/typed communication.
- Have an understanding of ESOC’s goals and intentions.
- Enjoy helping others even with obvious or mundane questions or situations.
- Be more or less fluent in English.
The stream manager is the person who makes sure as many series as possible are casted and that casters are distributed accordingly. This task consists of four things: helping people schedule during the week, creating a streaming schedule, arranging casters, and managing/coordinating the stream. This is not a task to be underestimated as it will easily take up to 6 hours per week of your time.
The stream manager will be monitored closely in the first few weeks to help you get going and figure out how everything works.
To apply, please send a PM to me (Mr_Bramboy) and include the following details in your application:
- In which country do you live?
- How active can you be as a media team member, and during which times would you (approximately) be active? (GMT)
- Do you have any previous experiences in media-related jobs? Note that this is not a requirement
- Do you have any other skills not listed that would benefit the media team?
News Post Writer
This function should be self-explanatory. In short, this person writes the news posts during tournaments or other events which need to be brought to attention to the public. News posts should be fun, informative, and enthusiastic. Your goal is to get people interested in the tournament and to get people to watch the stream. To apply, we want to see your writing. Please write a news post that addresses the following prompt:
If you have any questions, feel free to post in this thread!