How to scout while ff'ing with spain?

No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

Whenever I play spain vs for example brit or japan, it's REALLY hard to scout if the enemy is massing musk or aging up. after about minute 5:30, you can't scout with your explorer anymore because it's way too risky loosing it near your opponent's base. You could scout with the dog, but it has low LOS and can get picked off easily. Afterwards, when you get your first 5 musk out, when you get your pike, etc you can't really sacrifice ANY unit because every single unit is so important with spain. So you aged up with 8 pike, have 5 musk, 5 skirms in quee, 5 dogs, and falconets are otw. How do you know if you should push ASAP because they're aging or if you should wait for 12 pike because it's too risky otherwise vs age 2? Also, I think it might be good to even send 4 lancers first if they are aging, so I would like to know if they are aging even before I have to send my first shipment if that's possible.

The only way I see to resolve this is to age up with 4 huss so you can scout, but then you would have to make 10 musk instead of 5 just to be safe, I would rather age with pikes and have skirms earlier sometimes.
last time i cryed was because i stood on Lego
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

Vs japan, just check his deck, you'll see the shipments he shipped, so if he did 600g he's prob aging but anyway, japanese ff can't work vs spain even with walls.
Vs brit, just push with falcs 1st, if he's age2 he has an op eco so you don't want him to mass more.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

Use 1 dog or your explorer if you habe 5 dogs already. Or use your hussars and just dont get caught
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

umeu wrote:Use 1 dog or your explorer if you habe 5 dogs already. Or use your hussars and just dont get caught
What if your dog just gets killed by 5 musk and you don''t learn anything? Could you loose you falcs if they go age 2 and you push out with just 5 musk 8 pike 5 skir 5 dogs 2 falcs?
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

diarouga wrote:Vs japan, just check his deck, you''ll see the shipments he shipped, so if he did 600g he''s prob aging but anyway, japanese ff can''t work vs spain even with walls.
Vs brit, just push with falcs 1st, if he''s age2 he has an op eco so you don''t want him to mass more.
With Japan you just mass ashi and shoot down the cannons?
India _DB_
Howdah

Post by _DB_ »

Goodspeed says you don't need to scout Japan.
Doing what you like is Freedom...
Liking what you do is Happiness...
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

subzero wrote:Goodspeed says you don''t need to scout Japan.
??
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

ovi12 wrote:
diarouga wrote:Vs japan, just check his deck, youll see the shipments he shipped, so if he did 600g hes prob aging but anyway, japanese ff cant work vs spain even with walls.
Vs brit, just push with falcs 1st, if hes age2 he has an op eco so you dont want him to mass more.
With Japan you just mass ashi and shoot down the cannons?
Yeah, or you rush, if you see he doesnt build the consulate in age1, hes rushing. If he sends 5ashis 1st (look his deck), hes also rushing.
India _DB_
Howdah

Post by _DB_ »

ovi12 wrote:
subzero wrote:Goodspeed says you dont need to scout Japan.
??
[img]http://i.imgur.com/97sMNXp.jpg[/img]
Doing what you like is Freedom...
Liking what you do is Happiness...
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

ovi12 wrote:
umeu wrote:Use 1 dog or your explorer if you habe 5 dogs already. Or use your hussars and just dont get caught
What if your dog just gets killed by 5 musk and you dont learn anything? Could you loose you falcs if they go age 2 and you push out with just 5 musk 8 pike 5 skir 5 dogs 2 falcs?

Ye dog is actually bit shitty scout cuz low los, explorer is better. But spain doesnt need to scout so much, ur shipments come in time to adapt on the spot.
No Flag bart331
Lancer
Donator 01

Post by bart331 »

Ageup with 4 huss from fwd tower, raid and adapt