British vs Japan

Brazil macacoalbino
Howdah
ESO: MacacoAlbino
Clan: 3Huss

British vs Japan

Post by macacoalbino »

you can't att move Lb!!! They lose RoF iirc. My main problem in this MU is that I usually run out of hunt when I'm starting have an edge. Then there's nothing I can do about it then, cause if I retreat I give the other player too much time, while I'm not gathering food...I think that I should focus better on killing the shrines.

Brazil macacoalbino
Howdah

British vs Japan

Post by macacoalbino »

Btw, should I forward rax to do this timing or not? dunno what's optimal here

France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

British vs Japan

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

macacoalbino wrote:you can''t att move Lb!!! They lose RoF iirc. My main problem in this MU is that I usually run out of hunt when I''m starting have an edge. Then there''s nothing I can do about it then, cause if I retreat I give the other player too much time, while I''m not gathering food...I think that I should focus better on killing the shrines.
You have your 10 starting pikes.
Brazil macacoalbino
Howdah

British vs Japan

Post by macacoalbino »

diarouga wrote:
macacoalbino wrote:you cant att move Lb!!! They lose RoF iirc. My main problem in this MU is that I usually run out of hunt when Im starting have an edge. Then theres nothing I can do about it then, cause if I retreat I give the other player too much time, while Im not gathering food...I think that I should focus better on killing the shrines.
You have your 10 starting pikes.
I have to start doing this BO. I usually make my first rax straight when I hit age 2 and do 5 pikes and add 2nd rax with 700w. I think the other way is better since better eco...

Netherlands MCJim
Retired Contributor
ESO: MCJim

British vs Japan

Post by MCJim »

mcjim wrote:What I do as British is forward 2 rax start. Then, if I see he is walling I make 10 pikes (after that musk) and go destroy his shrines all over the map. If he doesn''t wall I start pressuring him with my first 10 musks. Then I add pikes as well to destroy his shrines all over the map. I did this a couple of times and it worked out well. But, you all are talking about lb/pike. Does this strat have no chance in general?
:food: My AoE3 YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/MCJimAgeofEmpiresIII
:wood: My AoE3 Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/MCJim_

:coin: Age of Streaming YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/AgeOfStreaming
United States of America Papist
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Papist

British vs Japan

Post by Papist »

Britain wins this MU as long as they consistently siege down shrines with their starting pikes and catch the monks. Because the Brits can get a blob of units out faster due to a quick economy, Japan can be contained quickly. But if you don't take advantage of Japan's early vulnerabilies, he will get an equal economy and superior military to your own.
The function of man is to live, not to exist.
Brazil macacoalbino
Howdah

British vs Japan

Post by macacoalbino »

MCJim said:
What I do as British is forward 2 rax start. Then, if I see he is walling I make 10 pikes (after that musk) and go destroy his shrines all over the map. If he doesn't wall I start pressuring him with my first 10 musks. Then I add pikes as well to destroy his shrines all over the map. I did this a couple of times and it worked out well. But, you all are talking about lb/pike. Does this strat have no chance in general?

I think not, just because yumi will rape you, and he can make ashi to defend the shrines. Also, I'm not sure but, I think ashi is better than musk later on

Germany yemshi
Jaeger
ESO: yemshi

British vs Japan

Post by yemshi »

macacoalbino wrote:
?MCJim said:?
What I do as British is forward 2 rax start. Then, if I see he is walling I make 10 pikes (after that musk) and go destroy his shrines all over the map. If he doesn''t wall I start pressuring him with my first 10 musks. Then I add pikes as well to destroy his shrines all over the map. I did this a couple of times and it worked out well. But, you all are talking about lb/pike. Does this strat have no chance in general?

I think not, just because yumi will rape you, and he can make ashi to defend the shrines. Also, I''m not sure but, I think ashi is better than musk later on

Muskets will rape An Age II Japan. You get two ups and AA. You wont stick to lb/pike all game.
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

British vs Japan

yemshi wrote:
macacoalbino wrote:I think not, just because yumi will rape you, and he can make ashi to defend the shrines. Also, Im not sure but, I think ashi is better than musk later on

Muskets will rape An Age II Japan. You get two ups and AA. You wont stick to lb/pike all game.
Nah, ashi/yumi rape musk/huss, not even close.
Yumis with ups and daymio are as good as lbs so the brit has to lb.
Palestine Mimsy for President
Jaeger

British vs Japan

Post by Mimsy for President »

Japan wins on fair maps
Brazil macacoalbino
Howdah

British vs Japan

Post by macacoalbino »

yemshi wrote:
macacoalbino wrote:I think not, just because yumi will rape you, and he can make ashi to defend the shrines. Also, Im not sure but, I think ashi is better than musk later on

Well, AA is expensive and ashi gets jap consulate+att card + daymio and have more speed. And they have yumi, as diarouga just said

New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

British vs Japan

Post by zoom »

shaolinstar wrote:Japan wins on fair maps
Pretty much this' on high hunts maps it''s rather fair as I recall.
Germany japanesegeneral
Lancer
ESO: JapaneseGeneral

British vs Japan

Post by japanesegeneral »

My Bo: 3v>700w>600w> Upgrade Cards for Muskets/Grens or if needed 6 Musket.
Age up with the tower and 200 c. Take 2 vills forward for a forward rax. Spam muskets. As your 700w arrive build an artillery foundery and produce grens. Go for shrines. In case he has pure yumi add a stable+10 huss. At 9-10 go for his Tc in case u have killed enough shrines/army.
gg
6 petards a day keep the doctor away.
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

British vs Japan

japanesegeneral wrote:My Bo: 3v>'700w>'600w>' Upgrade Cards for Muskets/Grens or if needed 6 Musket.
Age up with the tower and 200 c. Take 2 vills forward for a forward rax. Spam muskets. As your 700w arrive build an artillery foundery and produce grens. Go for shrines. In case he has pure yumi add a stable+10 huss. At 9-10 go for his Tc in case u have killed enough shrines/army.
gg
Don''t musk., lbs are much better.
Germany japanesegeneral
Lancer
ESO: JapaneseGeneral

British vs Japan

Post by japanesegeneral »

Do not u need any anticav? Grens have to be well protected. Cause they suck in Meleecombat.
6 petards a day keep the doctor away.