India - Cards Questions

India _DB_
Howdah

India - Cards Questions

Post by _DB_ »

I've a lot of questions about many cards in the Indian deck.

Here is my list of questions. When, how and why are these cards useful or not useful on either Land, Water or Miscellaneous maps?

1)10 Tiger Claws and 700 food - I've saw that card often game-winning for age 2 timings. Capable to punish falc timing. Yet still, do you honestly need it? If yes, then when you need it? What is a better card to have instead of Tiger claws in age 2? Is 700 food better card than 10 Tiger claws? How does it signifies a water deck?

2)1000 wood or 1000 coin? - I actually have 1000 coin in my deck, because I always go age 3 with tower and don't often get reason to send 1000 wood. 1000 coin sometimes helps me to go age 4 quite sooner. But, which card is more worth? Must you have both of them or one of them or neither?

3)7 Gurkhas - This is the 2nd gurk shipment after 8 gurks. Is 7 gurks better than an other shipment you can have instead?

4)3 Mahouts/2 Mahouts - Yes, I've seen H2O saying that elephants suck and camels are still more viable to win battles. But majority of India players have both elephant cards in deck. Also I have played and saw many games where they are game-winning cards. At times they are as good as Spahis. But do you honestly need it? Do you need one of them, both of them or neither of them?

5)Elephant Combat - Makes all elephants have +15% HP/Attack boost. Would you really make that much elephants to actually make that card come in use? I saw a rec of India beating Dutch ruyter falc mass with only Howdahs and shipment mahouts. Do you honestly need that card?

6)Tame Elephants - Decrease all elephants' training cost by 10% each resource. I don't think that would come in use, but still do you honestly need it?

7)Intervention or 9 Sepoys - Intervention grants 9 Redcoats when allies to British, 4 Gardener Hussar when allied to Otto, 11 Basterios when allies to ports, 4 grenadiers when allied to French. Often found it pretty good when you've only gurk + zamb mass and actually need some upgraded musk type units. Making 6 musks + 9 of them give 15 better veteran musk units, is it really worth it? Or you must have 9 sepoys instead? Either or Neither of them?

8)6 Sowars - I've seen H2O having this card in deck and use it often when he has only gurk + zamb mass and need some massed cav immediately. Is it worth it?

9)2 Howdahs - I'm pretty sure this isn't a better shipment than 8 or 9 Zamburaks after upgraded to veteran status but I've seen this card often come in use. Boneng won a game vs goongoon when he waterlamed and made 1 howdah, sent 2 howdah and 3 mahouts and won goongoon's cuirassier + skirm army after killing 2 outpositioned falcs. Do you honestly need that card?

10)8 Zamburaks?

11)Infinite 9 Urumis and Mansabdar Urumi + 9 Urumis - Have saw that card using in majority of games by Boneng. Goes FI and spams urumis. Urumis are auto guard upgraded beast units that chew through almost everything and the only skirm having a strong siege attack. Only that it is rangeless i.e. not having any range except 1 radius of damage.

But after watching many other games and H2O's recs, I concluded that "Anything without range sucks in late game even if it is urumi" For same reason H2O doesn't have urumis in age 4. Is it true that urumis in late game won't really win you most times? Do you honestly need urumis in age 4 or there are better cards than that?

12)Team Shivaji's Tactics - Grants 5% HP and Attack boost for EVERY unit. This affects everything you can make in game as India and also your allies' units. But it's just 5%. It will hardly add 1 or 2 attack to the base unit stats and a couple of HP. Still is it a better supplementary card than anything? Do you need it?

13)Professional Handlers (Elephant Population Lowering card) - This card decrease population of all elephant units by 1 population slot and all Mansabdar's elephants' population by 2 slots. Are you actually going to spam elephants to support that card?

14)Royal Green Jackets - Adds 1 multiplier to Gurkha's Ranged and Hand Attack i.e., makes Gurks have 3x multiplier vs Heavy Infantry. Also you get few gurks with every tech you research at consulate. This card is available in age 3. I'm pretty sure this must be the best buff Gurks need, but it only makes gurks stronger vs HI, not any other units.
I have saw this card being absent in many Indian players' deck.
IMO, it must be essential, is it? How, when and why you need this card or not need this card?

If you wish to add more card questions, feel free to reply down here.
Doing what you like is Freedom...
Liking what you do is Happiness...
Great Britain britishmusketeer
Howdah

India - Cards Questions

Post by britishmusketeer »

1) tiger claws/700f are good as deck fillers. On water maps you won't have room for them.
2)1000w/100g are good because of their high VS value
3)Ranged infantry shipments are good in general and 7 gurkha is no exception.
4)mahout shipments are good for tanking and if they pop out on an army but in general are not as good as the other shipments imo
5)In general normal units > ellies so no point getting an upgrade for them.
6)cav shipments are nice since they can allow you to make a fast tech switch if your opponent is too heavy on skirms.
7)worse version of zam shipment imo
8)I would put it in
9)no real need but india has spare slots in age 1/4 due to not having factories
10)May as well put it in since you have lots of age1/4 space
11)same reason not to as 5
12)it also gives your gurkha more range so I would put it in
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

India - Cards Questions

Post by momuuu »

Some good questions. Im very curious to hear what the top players have to say about it.
No Flag musketjr
Lancer

India - Cards Questions

Post by musketjr »

[quote source="/post/45541/thread" timestamp="1440869709" author="@subzero"]I've a lot of questions about many cards in the Indian deck.

Here is my list of questions. When, how and why are these cards useful or not useful on either Land, Water or Miscellaneous maps?

1)10 Tiger Claws and 700 food - I've saw that card often game-winning for age 2 timings. Capable to punish falc timing. Yet still, do you honestly need it? If yes, then when you need it? What is a better card to have instead of Tiger claws in age 2? Is 700 food better card than 10 Tiger claws? How does it signifies a water deck?

2)1000 wood or 1000 coin? - I actually have 1000 coin in my deck, because I always go age 3 with tower and don't often get reason to send 1000 wood. 1000 coin sometimes helps me to go age 4 quite sooner. But, which card is more worth? Must you have both of them or one of them or neither?

3)7 Gurkhas - This is the 2nd gurk shipment after 8 gurks. Is 7 gurks better than an other shipment you can have instead?

4)3 Mahouts/2 Mahouts - Yes, I've seen H2O saying that elephants suck and camels are still more viable to win battles. But majority of India players have both elephant cards in deck. Also I have played and saw many games where they are game-winning cards. At times they are as good as Spahis. But do you honestly need it? Do you need one of them, both of them or neither of them?

5)Elephant Combat - Makes all elephants have +15% HP/Attack boost. Would you really make that much elephants to actually make that card come in use? I saw a rec of India beating Dutch ruyter falc mass with only Howdahs and shipment mahouts. Do you honestly need that card?

6)Tame Elephants - Decrease all elephants' training cost by 10% each resource. I don't think that would come in use, but still do you honestly need it?

7)Intervention or 9 Sepoys - Intervention grants 9 Redcoats when allies to British, 4 Gardener Hussar when allied to Otto, 11 Basterios when allies to ports, 4 grenadiers when allied to French. Often found it pretty good when you've only gurk + zamb mass and actually need some upgraded musk type units. Making 6 musks + 9 of them give 15 better veteran musk units, is it really worth it? Or you must have 9 sepoys instead? Either or Neither of them?

8)6 Sowars - I've seen H2O having this card in deck and use it often when he has only gurk + zamb mass and need some massed cav immediately. Is it worth it?

9)2 Howdahs - I'm pretty sure this isn't a better shipment than 8 or 9 Zamburaks after upgraded to veteran status but I've seen this card often come in use. Boneng won a game vs goongoon when he waterlamed and made 1 howdah, sent 2 howdah and 3 mahouts and won goongoon's cuirassier + skirm army after killing 2 outpositioned falcs. Do you honestly need that card?

8)8 Zamburaks?

9)Infinite 9 Urumis and Mansabdar Urumi + 9 Urumis - Have saw that card using in majority of games by Boneng. Goes FI and spams urumis. Urumis are auto guard upgraded beast units that chew through almost everything and the only skirm having a strong siege attack. Only that it is rangeless i.e. not having any range except 1 radius of damage.

But after watching many other games and H2O's recs, I concluded that "Anything without range sucks in late game even if it is urumi" For same reason H2O doesn't have urumis in age 4. Is it true that urumis in late game won't really win you most times? Do you honestly need urumis in age 4 or there are better cards than that?

10)Team Shivaji's Tactics - Grants 5% HP and Attack boost for EVERY unit. This affects everything you can make in game as India and also your allies' units. But it's just 5%. It will hardly add 1 or 2 attack to the base unit stats and a couple of HP. Still is it a better supplementary card than anything? Do you need it?

11)Professional Handlers (Elephant Population Lowering card) - This card decrease population of all elephant units by 1 population slot and all Mansabdar's elephants' population by 2 slots. Are you actually going to spam elephants to support that card?

12)Royal Green Jackets - Adds 1 multiplier to Gurkha's Ranged and Hand Attack i.e., makes Gurks have 3x multiplier vs Heavy Infantry. Also you get few gurks with every tech you research at consulate. This card is available in age 3. I'm pretty sure this must be the best buff Gurks need, but it only makes gurks stronger vs HI, not any other units.
IMO, it must be essential, is it? How, when and why you need this card or not need this card?

[/quote]8 - yea its a good card for that reason, you can pull a big mass of sowar together quickly which can win a big fight and catch your opponent off guard
9 - howdah are pretty good anti cannons, and falcs can be difficult to deal with as india, so a few howdahs is another option as well as siege eles
India _DB_
Howdah

India - Cards Questions

Post by _DB_ »

britishmusketeer wrote:12)it also gives your gurkha more range so I would put it in
Really?
Great Britain WickedCossack
Retired Contributor

India - Cards Questions

Post by WickedCossack »

[quote source="/post/45541/thread" author="@subzero" timestamp="1440869709"]I've a lot of questions about many cards in the Indian deck.

10)8 Zamburaks?

11)Infinite 9 Urumis and Mansabdar Urumi + 9 Urumis - Have saw that card using in majority of games by Boneng. Goes FI and spams urumis. Urumis are auto guard upgraded beast units that chew through almost everything and the only skirm having a strong siege attack. Only that it is rangeless i.e. not having any range except 1 radius of damage.

12)Team Shivaji's Tactics - Grants 5% HP and Attack boost for EVERY unit. This affects everything you can make in game as India and also your allies' units. But it's just 5%. It will hardly add 1 or 2 attack to the base unit stats and a couple of HP. Still is it a better supplementary card than anything? Do you need it?

13)Professional Handlers (Elephant Population Lowering card) - This card decrease population of all elephant units by 1 population slot and all Mansabdar's elephants' population by 2 slots. Are you actually going to spam elephants to support that card?

14)Royal Green Jackets - Adds 1 multiplier to Gurkha's Ranged and Hand Attack i.e., makes Gurks have 3x multiplier vs Heavy Infantry. Also you get few gurks with every tech you research at consulate. This card is available in age 3. I'm pretty sure this must be the best buff Gurks need, but it only makes gurks stronger vs HI, not any other units.

[/quote]
1) 700f is pretty nice, 10 claws are pretty cheesy, I think it's a waste of a card but maybe if you work a nice all-in around it then ok.

2) The amount of times you send 1k wd as india is almost never, I actually have it in my deck cause it sounds good in theory until I realised I was never sending it. Unit cards and ups seem to flow better. All other civs prolly need 1k wood still though.

3) Meh, 7 gurhkas is ok, but I like other unit cards like 8 zamb. I think taking both gurhka and both zamb is too much though.

4,5,6) Eles only work in a few MU's. Make a deck with elephanst and one with out any ele ups cause otherwise they just take up room.

7) 9 sepoys >' 9 redcoats in terms of stats. Again whether you want meaty musk cards depends on MU. They're actually very good vs the big china/spain style deathballs that come with hand cav and hand inf and you just need some meat to tank.

8) 6 sowar isnt essential. But no one will say its bad having it in your deck, good unit card. You prolly want 5 unit cards + the seige eles.

9) 2 Howdahs isnt very good unless you're doing mass howdah vs spain FF xD Which is actually kinda good.

10) 8 Zambs is very good.

11) Ignore h20, urumis are really good.

12) Meh again, I mean its not essential but I wouldnt say its "wrong" for a deck to have it.

13) For ele decks only.

14) MU dependant. Like you want this vs japan for instance and other musk heavy civs (which there are not many)
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

India - Cards Questions

Post by momuuu »

Can some good player post a pic of his deck? Id appreciate that a lot.
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

India - Cards Questions

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

[quote author="@subzero" timestamp="1440869709" source="/post/45541/thread"]1)10 Tiger Claws and 700 food - I've saw that card often game-winning for age 2 timings. Capable to punish falc timing. Yet still, do you honestly need it? If yes, then when you need it? What is a better card to have instead of Tiger claws in age 2? Is 700 food better card than 10 Tiger claws? How does it signifies a water deck?

Don't need either' I use 10 claws vs iro only and 700f is just awful.

Only 1000 wood.

I run 8 Gurkha/7 Gurkha/6 Sowar/9 Zams/2 Mahout/9 Sepoy as military shipments, but this is up to personal preference.

Only 2 mahouts. 3 mahouts costs too much (1000f) for their cost.

No.

No.

In the Fortress age, 9 Disciplined Sepoy are better than the 8 Redcoats you get. I don't use Intervention, but again, this is up to personal preference. I tend to save for either petards or musks+falc.

Yes. 6 sowar + 5 made can easily win you the game.

I only use this card vs Russia.

10)8 Zamburaks?

No.

Both.

I definitely don't agree with this. Urumi are one of the strongest mercenaries, and they get autoupgaded in age IV. Along with the Mansabdar these units are absolute monsters. If you manage to get 10+9 urumi out they will destroy anything they touch.

No. By the time you'll send this card you'll want to send an eco card.

No.

IMO, it must be essential, is it? How, when and why you need this card or not need

Definitely need this. It makes Gurkha one of the best skirms after Voltigeurs and Needlegunners in late game.

[/quote]
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01

India - Cards Questions

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

jerom wrote:Can some good player post a pic of his deck? Id appreciate that a lot.
(I''m by no means a great player, but I''m pretty sure these are pretty good decks. Correct me if I''m missing a card or something.)

[spoiler=Decks][img]https://i.gyazo.com/4541a605b675fffda606200936a7b58c.png" alt=" "]
[img]https://i.gyazo.com/10fd68c4d500ee1aaacbb49063c095d8.png" alt=" "]
[img]https://i.gyazo.com/96e4f599be9e39b342ab5061bc502469.png" alt=" "][/spoiler]
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

India - Cards Questions

Post by momuuu »

bramboy wrote:
jerom wrote:Can some good player post a pic of his deck? Id appreciate that a lot.
(Im by no means a great player, but Im pretty sure these are pretty good decks. Correct me if Im missing a card or something.)

[spoiler][img alt=" " src="https://i.gyazo.com/4541a605b675fffda606200936a7b58c.png"]
[img alt=" " src="https://i.gyazo.com/10fd68c4d500ee1aaacbb49063c095d8.png"]
[img alt=" " src="https://i.gyazo.com/96e4f599be9e39b342ab5061bc502469.png"][/spoiler]
yeah I really like them. Id consider changing the +1 multiplier card to an eco card if youre playing against skirm goon civs though.
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

India - Cards Questions

Post by Jaeger »

Lol I have 1k wood in deck because of h2o but in all my games I've only used it one time. Should prob put 6 sowars instead of it. You may or may not send 2 mahouts, but it's really good as a deterrant of them raiding you with skirms close to your agra in early fortress. All the other cards are just preference, except the elephant upgrade cards which arent very good imo.

Imo you can play 99% of your india games with just distributivism, the colonial staple (600w 600g 5 sepoy 4 sowar 300e trickle cav upgrades) upgrades and like 5 unit shipments in fortress. The rest is really kindda w/e.

Also don't forget the ghurka upgrade in age 3, I think it's called british east india company. A lot of people have the Royal green jackets but I think that one is just like CIR so not rlly good except vs musk civs.
last time i cryed was because i stood on Lego
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

India - Cards Questions

Post by momuuu »

1k wood is kinda nice if you want to TC up. But thats about it.
United States of America _H2O
ESOC Business Team
Donator 06
ESO: _H2O

India - Cards Questions

Post by _H2O »

I will write full answer later but I will say the higher your rating the worse Urumi are. In a lagless environment they are very weak at high level unless they pop from a building.

In fact the are super over rated right now even after people have been lowering their views.

Your observation that range is way stronger in fort is really a smart one.
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01

India - Cards Questions

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

h2o wrote:I will write full answer later but I will say the higher your rating the worse Urumi are. In a lagless environment they are very weak at high level unless they pop from a building.

In fact the are super over rated right now even after people have been lowering their views.

Your observation that range is way stronger in fort is really a smart one.

Luckily a tournament will never be a lagless environment which does make urumi viable.
India _DB_
Howdah

India - Cards Questions

Post by _DB_ »

h2o wrote:I will write full answer later
Very excited! :)
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

India - Cards Questions

Post by momuuu »

Even if they are not that insane as people think, I think they are still good enough for a spot in the deck. Can turn games around.
India _DB_
Howdah

India - Cards Questions

Post by _DB_ »

I've additional card question-

15)Farmland Conservation: This card removes wood cost from all rice paddies upgrade, meaning you have to spend either food or coin to upgrade the rice paddies' gather rates.

So, is this card better than a 15% rice paddy food boost? I've this card for texas deck btw. Always found it one of the useful cards for Texas.
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01

India - Cards Questions

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

subzero wrote:I''ve additional card question-

15)Farmland Conservation: This card removes wood cost from all rice paddies upgrade, meaning you have to spend either food or coin to upgrade the rice paddies'' gather rates.

So, is this card better than a 15% rice paddy food boost? I''ve this card for texas deck btw. Always found it one of the useful cards for Texas.
Not sure about texas, but on a normal map that''s definitely not worth it.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

India - Cards Questions

Post by Garja »

[quote source="/post/45541/thread" timestamp="1440869709" author="@subzero"]I've a lot of questions about many cards in the Indian deck.

10)8 Zamburaks?

[/quote]1) tiger claws suck in 99% of games. 700f might be useful to fuel the unit prodcution from 4 buildings at some point. Consider rice paddies upgrade instead.
2) you shouldn't need any of those. 1000w might be useful if you don't age with the tower to fortress and want to drop 3tc asap. 1000g might be useful to win the "last gold mine" war
3) depends on yuor plan. If for some reason you're semi ffing then it's a good card. If you play colo and then age 7 gurkha won't be useful.
4) 3 mahout sux, it's too expensive, 2 mahout might be ok
5) ideally you don't wanna use elephants but I guess if you spare a slot elephant upgrade is ok
6) same point as above except you need another slot in the deck that you won't have
7) Intervention is better but india has so many other unit cards that I don't know if that's useful at all
8) Might be ok if you aged from prolonged colonial and already sent camel ups. Then again at that point you probably have enough eco to just spam 10 sowars all the time.
9) Unless for some reason you're doing some specific pure howdah strategy, that card sux.
10) same as 7 gurkhas, more resource value I guess
11) Ideally don't wanna use this card but since india don't really have many late game cards (no factories for example) I guess you will end up sparing a card and this can give you a nice power spike
12) Of course you want this card, is one of the very few upgrades you have
13) same as point 6
14) You can live without this, unless for example you're up against Japan or Brits and the guy for some reason challenges you with mass musks.
15) eco upgrades are better
Image Image Image
India _DB_
Howdah

India - Cards Questions

Post by _DB_ »

Right Garja!

I actually think 3 Mahouts must to its best if it is combined with 2 mahouts. Then the shipments are more valuable than 2 falcs + 1 falcs despite the fact that it cost 1350 food.
Switzerland _venox_
Howdah
ESO: _Venox_

India - Cards Questions

Post by _venox_ »

Mahouts imo are only good if they pop out under your enemy as a surprise or a big switch in army, so it might be worth it to invest a bit more food into having a stronger pop, but it really is luck dependent though.
Don't let the things you can't change dictate your life.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

India - Cards Questions

Post by momuuu »

You just can't save up 1000f in a competitive game I think. And you already have urumi which kinda have the same purpose: punishing people that push near your TC.
Switzerland _venox_
Howdah
ESO: _Venox_

India - Cards Questions

Post by _venox_ »

a 7 urumi pop is less scary than a 3 mahout pop against massed yumi or something. And not getting together 1k resources in a competetive game really? What about all the mercenary shipments and spahi? What about getting up a fort that has 250 hp early on that can easily be sniped and that takes 60 seconds to build? In a competetive game most things aren't really that good but considering that many people make mistakes (too many resources stacked up, not scouting well enough vs a fort wagon and not grabbing map control early etc... makes these cards all really strong.
Don't let the things you can't change dictate your life.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

India - Cards Questions

Post by momuuu »

venox wrote:a 7 urumi pop is less scary than a 3 mahout pop against massed yumi or something. And not getting together 1k resources in a competetive game really? What about all the mercenary shipments and spahi? What about getting up a fort that has 250 hp early on that can easily be sniped and that takes 60 seconds to build? In a competetive game most things aren''t really that good but considering that many people make mistakes (too many resources stacked up, not scouting well enough vs a fort wagon and not grabbing map control early etc... makes these cards all really strong.
Well you could, but 3 mahouts just isnt good enough for saving up so much res imo. Its like, decent, okayish, but not worth a spot in the deck imo.
No Flag howlingwolfpaw
Jaeger

India - Cards Questions

Post by howlingwolfpaw »

I Play FFA with india on a boom deck and 9 urumi have a spot in it for sure. Even late game urumis can come in very handy. Light cav is one of indias weakness and urumi just decimate them same for halbs.... I fought a dutch player and had 9 urumi to defend a small army, he sent a full wave of halbs and the urumi just ate them up, it was so crazy they just walked into them and dissapeared. totally worth it. And i think its pretty nessessary vs port, dutch aztec, china, but not for brits, france, spain. it raelly is about what civ u are fighting.

If i am attacked in age 3 I will definitely become defensive until I can save for the food to make a few mahouts to go on the offensive. Mahouts just offer so much pushing power its why they had to make them with .5 multiplier and 7 pop for balance. any less and would be too extreme. personally I would like to see them at 3-4 pop with nerfed stats

for a while i was using the shivajis tactics and then stopped but quickly realized that it is pretty good. when the gurka base attack goes from 33 to 34 that means its getting over 100 per shot to HI. and it seems to make a difference. but since units die with overkill im not entirely sure. but its back in my deck.