Shipping units vs shipping crates

Denmark crjensen4
Dragoon
Donator 07
ESO: crjensen4

Post by crjensen4 »

But isn't this also civ dependent to some extend?
I mean after age up for Brits the typical shipment would be 700w followed by 5 vills? And also dependent on your age up politician?
No Flag bart331
Lancer
Donator 01

Post by bart331 »

Ofc u need wood first to setup infrastructure
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01
ESO: edeholland
GameRanger ID: 4053888
Clan: ESOC

Post by edeholland »

cowhax wrote:
edeholland wrote:Shipping resources to make military can give you the same treasures, and gives even more resources, so that first argument is incorrect imo. Livestock shipments are also bad, just because a few cows that still need to fatten and to be gathered dont give a whole lot of resources. Ports are fucked anyways if they dont have hunt or fish, livestock wont solve that.
Well they dont have villager shipments also, so livestock can be treated as a villager shipment. Ill never buy the argument that livestock shipments are bad, except for most civs. Honestly, I can agree with that.

Anyway, shipping units is safer too. Even if its 3 hand cav, that gives you something to disrupt the other players eco, plus provides some sort of defense if need be.
Its not an argument that livestock shipments are bad. Its a fact. 7 sheep = 700 food = bad shipment. (You also need to gather them, which means you get like 350 food.) Livestock shipments can not be threated as a villager shipment, as villagers gather resources and livestock does not.
You have not set your flag, click to select your flag. Marco1698

Post by Marco1698 »

Your question makes no sense, when i can respond you with this phrase: "Depends from the situation. Send units when your opponent is pushing you hard, when he decides to play defensively , better send crates resources."
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

marco1698 wrote:Your question makes no sense, when i can respond you with this phrase: "Depends from the situation. Send units when your opponent is pushing you hard, when he decides to play defensively , better send crates resources."
I did not ask any questions, Im just posting this information to help people make smarter decisions about when to ship crates and when to shit units.
last time i cryed was because i stood on Lego
No Flag cowhax
Skirmisher

Post by cowhax »

edeholland wrote:
cowhax wrote:Well they dont have villager shipments also, so livestock can be treated as a villager shipment. Ill never buy the argument that livestock shipments are bad, except for most civs. Honestly, I can agree with that.

Anyway, shipping units is safer too. Even if its 3 hand cav, that gives you something to disrupt the other players eco, plus provides some sort of defense if need be.
Its not an argument that livestock shipments are bad. Its a fact. 7 sheep = 700 food = bad shipment. (You also need to gather them, which means you get like 350 food.) Livestock shipments can not be threated as a villager shipment, as villagers gather resources and livestock does not.
7 sheep = 2100 food fully fattened actually... learn your stats.
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01

Post by edeholland »

2100 food, which you still need to gather, so that's around 1200 actual food. Which is still not worth it if you have to wait 20 minutes. If you build a livestock pen you still gotta wait like 5, and then you also have to spend another 200 wood. If livestock shipment were ever worth it, PR 30+ players would have used them or got them in deck at least. ')
No Flag cowhax
Skirmisher

Post by cowhax »

edeholland wrote:2100 food, which you still need to gather, so that''s around 1200 actual food. Which is still not worth it if you have to wait 20 minutes. If you build a livestock pen you still gotta wait like 5, and then you also have to spend another 200 wood. If livestock shipment were ever worth it, PR 30+ players would have used them or got them in deck at least. ')
consider a late game water map, where both players probably have schooners in deck. but one player has water supremacy. the other player would probably eventually ship livestock if it went late game, yes? That''s just one scenario livestock is useful.

not sure what you mean by 2100 food is 1200 actual food. Are you suggesting most players would begin gathering food from them before they''re fattened? Yes maybe...
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

cowhax wrote:
edeholland wrote:2100 food, which you still need to gather, so thats around 1200 actual food. Which is still not worth it if you have to wait 20 minutes. If you build a livestock pen you still gotta wait like 5, and then you also have to spend another 200 wood. If livestock shipment were ever worth it, PR 30+ players would have used them or got them in deck at least. ')
consider a late game water map, where both players probably have schooners in deck. but one player has water supremacy. the other player would probably eventually ship livestock if it went late game, yes? Thats just one scenario livestock is useful.

not sure what you mean by 2100 food is 1200 actual food. Are you suggesting most players would begin gathering food from them before theyre fattened? Yes maybe...
Crates gather at something like 8 food/second, while livestock only gathers at 2 food/second. So having 2000f in livestock is really like having only 500f in crates.
No Flag cowhax
Skirmisher

Post by cowhax »

ovi12 wrote:
cowhax wrote:consider a late game water map, where both players probably have schooners in deck. but one player has water supremacy. the other player would probably eventually ship livestock if it went late game, yes? Thats just one scenario livestock is useful.

not sure what you mean by 2100 food is 1200 actual food. Are you suggesting most players would begin gathering food from them before theyre fattened? Yes maybe...
Crates gather at something like 8 food/second, while livestock only gathers at 2 food/second. So having 2000f in livestock is really like having only 500f in crates.
still, 7 sheep is an age 1 shipment so its fair to consider that a 500 food shipment. 7 cows however, being an age 2 shipment, would come out to 3500 food total which is really good even if you start eating them at the 200 food mark.
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

cowhax wrote:
ovi12 wrote:Crates gather at something like 8 food/second, while livestock only gathers at 2 food/second. So having 2000f in livestock is really like having only 500f in crates.
still, 7 sheep is an age 1 shipment so its fair to consider that a 500 food shipment. 7 cows however, being an age 2 shipment, would come out to 3500 food total which is really good even if you start eating them at the 200 food mark.
7 cows are 3500f when fully fattened, which translates to 875f when gathered. However, it takes them probably like 15 minutes to fully fatten with no pen, so its a shipment that pays off in 15 minutes, therefore terrible. If you build a livestock pen, they take only like 6 minutes to fatten, but then its like shipping 875f minus 200w, which is about 500 food, gain terrible. If you just eat them at 200f (I even doubt this is the size they ship in at) then they contain 1400f, which would be 350 food in crates.
No Flag cowhax
Skirmisher

Post by cowhax »

ovi12 wrote:
cowhax wrote:still, 7 sheep is an age 1 shipment so its fair to consider that a 500 food shipment. 7 cows however, being an age 2 shipment, would come out to 3500 food total which is really good even if you start eating them at the 200 food mark.
7 cows are 3500f when fully fattened, which translates to 875f when gathered. However, it takes them probably like 15 minutes to fully fatten with no pen, so its a shipment that pays off in 15 minutes, therefore terrible. If you build a livestock pen, they take only like 6 minutes to fatten, but then its like shipping 875f minus 200w, which is about 500 food, gain terrible. If you just eat them at 200f (I even doubt this is the size they ship in at) then they contain 1400f, which would be 350 food in crates.
Alright, I think weve exhausted the discussion. Its not all about math which makes livestock shipments good or not. The fact you can gather them beneath a TC is strategically important also, as this significantly reduces the risk of losing X amount of villagers, which translated into food loss, is very counterproductive.
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

cowhax wrote:
ovi12 wrote:7 cows are 3500f when fully fattened, which translates to 875f when gathered. However, it takes them probably like 15 minutes to fully fatten with no pen, so its a shipment that pays off in 15 minutes, therefore terrible. If you build a livestock pen, they take only like 6 minutes to fatten, but then its like shipping 875f minus 200w, which is about 500 food, gain terrible. If you just eat them at 200f (I even doubt this is the size they ship in at) then they contain 1400f, which would be 350 food in crates.
Alright, I think weve exhausted the discussion. Its not all about math which makes livestock shipments good or not. The fact you can gather them beneath a TC is strategically important also, as this significantly reduces the risk of losing X amount of villagers, which translated into food loss, is very counterproductive.
You can just ship 700f and 600f tho, which is just as safe and a lot more immediate. Also, if your vills have to go in TC because of a raid, the cartes wont decay like the dead animals will.
France benj89
Howdah

Post by benj89 »

your math is wrong 2000f livestock isn't = to 500f crates :p.
you have to consider it like this if you want to compare those two:
2000f livestock vs 1500f normal gathering (HD+ST)+ 500f crates
1000 is less 1310 for me :), so in this case the 2000f livestock is better.

Speaking about the shipment: considering they are delivered at 100 I believe, it's 700f. then you can compare those two: 700f herdable will gather 4x slower than 700f in crates. so 700f crates better
"Prestige is like a powerful magnet that warps even your beliefs about what you enjoy. If you want to make ambitious people waste their time on errands, bait the hook with prestige." - Paul Graham
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

benj89 wrote:your math is wrong 2000f livestock isn''t = to 500f crates :p.
you have to consider it like this if you want to compare those two:
2000f livestock vs 1500f normal gathering (HD+ST)+ 500f crates
1000 is less 1310 for me :), so in this case the 2000f livestock is better.

Speaking about the shipment: considering they are delivered at 100 I believe, it''s 700f. then you can compare those two: 700f herdable will gather 4x slower than 700f in crates. so 700f crates better

Haha yeah youre right i just said 2000f=500f 19
But yeah anyway the livestock still takes too long to pay off.
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Post by zoom »

cowhax wrote:shipping units is good because you can go for the bigger map treasures more comfortably with certain civs. So your unit shipment can become a unit shipment +200ish resources. I think civs like Ports could use 700 food shipment to make vills + military. And as absurd as it is, I think they could benefit from livestock shipments too. Not for age up, but 7 sheep, 15 sheep, or 7 cows are a reasonable supply of food for port when you can''t go fishing.
Get out, now.

OUT!
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

Zz -_-

Zoom, play more nicely please.
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote:
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
No Flag cowhax
Skirmisher

Post by cowhax »

I actually found it hilarious. I come from a community where shit talk is more prevalent and harsher.

*sends 7 cows followed by advanced market* EAT IT!
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

wait a second, you're cowhax
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote:
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
No Flag cowhax
Skirmisher

Post by cowhax »

incog wrote:wait a second, youre cowhax
Ding! Ding! Ding!
Great Britain WickedCossack
Retired Contributor

Post by WickedCossack »

As brits on mongolia you can start with a pen + manor. Send livestock fattens 30% faster as first card. Hopefully get 10 yaks. They all fully fatten before you even age up to colonial. You can send villagers gather from livestock 300% faster as your second card which arrives before age 2 since you get good xp from manor + pen. 5000 food at 5:20 min. Haven't quite managed to make a decent build out of it though.

Actually might be good for a sling. Shipping 5K food to a teammate who could actually use it .... hmmmmm.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

lol i already see it :P sioux brits triple stable axe sling. they can just send 700c 600c and they have enough for about 35 axes
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

edeholland wrote:2100 food, which you still need to gather, so that''s around 1200 actual food. Which is still not worth it if you have to wait 20 minutes. If you build a livestock pen you still gotta wait like 5, and then you also have to spend another 200 wood. If livestock shipment were ever worth it, PR 30+ players would have used them or got them in deck at least. ')

livestock is great lategame, but its too much hassle. also they fatten quite fast. tbh if you ever get like 8+ sheep or cows on a map, its worth to make a pen just for that. problem is, most times there is too much agression and u cant spare 200w. but on maps like texas its viable and also in teamgames its more than viable.

i think aklak and i showed in interjections challenge that when it comes to getting alot of res quickly, livestock is the way, not crates :P
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01

Post by edeholland »

umeu wrote:
edeholland wrote:2100 food, which you still need to gather, so thats around 1200 actual food. Which is still not worth it if you have to wait 20 minutes. If you build a livestock pen you still gotta wait like 5, and then you also have to spend another 200 wood. If livestock shipment were ever worth it, PR 30+ players would have used them or got them in deck at least. ')
livestock is great lategame, but its too much hassle. also they fatten quite fast. tbh if you ever get like 8+ sheep or cows on a map, its worth to make a pen just for that. problem is, most times there is too much agression and u cant spare 200w. but on maps like texas its viable and also in teamgames its more than viable.

i think aklak and i showed in interjections challenge that when it comes to getting alot of res quickly, livestock is the way, not crates :P
I am not saying livestock isnt good. Its very good to have (400*10)/2=2000 free food at 9 minutes. Its just that the livestock shipments dont pay off.