User avatar
France Kaiserklein
Jaeger
Posts: 4373
Location: Paris

30 Nov 2017, 14:13

Garja wrote:It wasnt meant to be a insult at you. But anyway you mostly win because merc strat is in fact very strong for how easy it is. It's easy to outplay when you can just shows up the army right click and win.

I think you know that I mostly don't go for mercs strat, and if I do it's only to troll (your fault if you still didn't figure out how to counter it btw).
kickass_OP wrote:lbs vs cavs no is good

kickass_OP wrote:kaiser won cuz german is lammer hard

look wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
User avatar
Peru Hidddy_
Skirmisher
Posts: 175
ESO: Hidalgito
Location: Miami, Florida, USA

30 Nov 2017, 14:14

richard wrote:
Goodspeed wrote:It was a combination of lack of effort/lack of will to play the series and him playing on a friend's PC he had never played on which may or may not have caused the former.
Like I said neither option was ideal but I deemed this the least unfair. Apologies to all who missed out.


Hello Goodspeed,
Hello anyone else,

i am sorry, i just came back to the internet after 3 days of forced abstinence (because my internet provider cut the connection from saturday till wednesday). I saw that there were some discussions about the result of my tournament game vs Hidalgito (last saturday evening). Some explanations from my side:

- The circumstances were extremely bad. Friday i planned i would prepare my tourney games on saturday morning till afternoon, especially at least one civ other than russians. But on saturday morning when i awoke, my internet connection was cut. As i dont have homecities level higher than 10 offline, i coulndt prepare anything. I called a friend of mine, if i could play at his computer. We decided i should come at 19 gmt to install the game (the series should start at 20gmt). I thought i also could do one preparation game with spanish before starting the series. But the installation (from cd) was extremely slow, i dont know why. It took more than one hour till i finally could start the game, after getting help in the esoc-forum because there were problems with the installation on windows 10 which i didnt know about before. I already was really pissed off and nearly cancelled the series at that point.

- During the first game as spanish, just when i wanted to attack my enemy in his base, i was removed from the game by a windows update. I immediately wanted to get back in the game but was removed again. This happened 2 more times. Then i realized i had to confirm, that the windows update should ask again in 3 days. This was about 1 minute after i had been removed the first time. When i finally got back in the game, i only had 1 skirmisher left. That game was lost.

- The 2nd game i thought about picking russians. But i knew from agecommunity.com that Hidalgito had practised that matchup vs Marco1698 the day before. I also am not sure how to play this matchup with the current patch because dutch can build a lot of (cheaper) banks and send cm with the additional xp they get from that, then go to age III savely, which puts russia in a bad spot. So i decided to just mirror my opponent because i thought i could beat him by just being better than him.

- Because i did not have the opportunity to practise anything with dutch, i didnt have enough production capacity (no 2nd barracks or stable, which was a flaw of my build). I also didnt have a hotkey for ruyters set. So i couldnt really produce ruyters. All this lead to me not being able to spend my ressources as i normally would do. I really tried my best to win that game, but it just wasnt possible without being able to spend the ressources properly.

- I didnt know it was a betting match. If i would have known that, i probably would have said in the esoc-forum, that it had to be shifted to a different time. On my own computer i m sure i would have won that series (though that doesnt mean i in fact would have won it, ofc ...). I probably still wouldnt have played russians in the 2nd game if i would have known it was a betting match, because of the reasons i listed above.

Summary:
I definitely tried my best to win both games. Under the given circumstances i just couldnt beat Hidalgito, even if i tried my best. Especially that windows-update which basically deleted my army in the first game was extremy unlucky. My mismacro in the 2nd game was my fault. I simply should have built a 2nd barracks or ask for a short break to set my hotkey properly in order to produce more ruyters. I wouldnt have played russians vs his dutch. Under this circumstances, Hidalgito is the legitimate winner of our series because it is not the case that i didnt try my best to win that series. As i said: If you would have told me that it was a betting game, i would definitely havent played it on my friends computer, but on my own computer instead.

Thanks for understanding,
Richard

Thanks for the clarification Richard. Sorry to hear all the unfortunate things that happened to you during and before the match. I too did not know it was a betting match or streamed match until 15 minutes before we were meant to start so I understand if you were feeling pressured to start the match. We could have tried to work something out for later or to set your hotkeys. GGs man
User avatar
Italy Garja
ESOC Maps Team
Donator 01
Posts: 4766
ESO: Garja

30 Nov 2017, 14:14

It's hard to counter it with spies when you play a TWC civ. Anyway substance doesn't change. As long as your game is mostly a semi FF war with 5-10 units to produce at time ye you might be totally fine with clicking on unit. Otherwise hotkey for production is a must.
On a side note current meta is super forgiving on mechanical aspects.
User avatar
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
Posts: 6783
ESO: Funnu
Location: Ramadanistan

30 Nov 2017, 14:20

Gichtenlord wrote:
zoom wrote:I stack 10 000 every game.

Are you playing treaty?
No. Maybe I should be...
:idea:
sudmakmak wrote:This patch Keshik don't have buff anti cavalry = noob patch2.0
and don't have nerf hard japan = noob patch2.0
because all more noob player at this patch = noob logic.
or they maybe have boyfriend.(japanese boyfriend fuck your ass them)
User avatar
France Kaiserklein
Jaeger
Posts: 4373
Location: Paris

30 Nov 2017, 15:01

Garja wrote:It's hard to counter it with spies when you play a TWC civ. Anyway substance doesn't change. As long as your game is mostly a semi FF war with 5-10 units to produce at time ye you might be totally fine with clicking on unit. Otherwise hotkey for production is a must.
On a side note current meta is super forgiving on mechanical aspects.

You should be able to counter mercs without spies.
And you're basically implying that your mechanics are better than mine, because my main civ likes to go semi-ff?
kickass_OP wrote:lbs vs cavs no is good

kickass_OP wrote:kaiser won cuz german is lammer hard

look wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
User avatar
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor
Posts: 5343

30 Nov 2017, 15:06

Boys, boys...
Whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.

Something home flower 41
XeeleeFlower wrote:I don't mind open endings as long as the story continues at some point
User avatar
Italy Garja
ESOC Maps Team
Donator 01
Posts: 4766
ESO: Garja

30 Nov 2017, 15:19

Kaiserklein wrote:
Garja wrote:It's hard to counter it with spies when you play a TWC civ. Anyway substance doesn't change. As long as your game is mostly a semi FF war with 5-10 units to produce at time ye you might be totally fine with clicking on unit. Otherwise hotkey for production is a must.
On a side note current meta is super forgiving on mechanical aspects.

You should be able to counter mercs without spies.
And you're basically implying that your mechanics are better than mine, because my main civ likes to go semi-ff?

I do beat mercs without spies. However german merc strat is significantly better so it's harder without spies. It is in fact crazy good for how dumb it is.
I'm not implying anything else than what I just said, tho I don't have problems implying what you say.
User avatar
Switzerland sebnan12
Howdah
Posts: 1149
ESO: Mongobillione
Location: Switzerland

30 Nov 2017, 17:24

Goodspeed wrote:Boys, boys...

let the men talk, young padawan
BAE
Sweden Victor_swe
Dragoon
Donator 01
Posts: 239

30 Nov 2017, 17:37

I believe this game requires quite high apm to play well. Higher then most people probebly have atm.
Not sure if it has changed in this new meta. Maybe thats why im so bad now aswell :(
Atleast i know that when i had my highest rank i also had my highest apm, and it wasnt close to enough to do everything i wanted.
User avatar
No Flag Zutazuta
Dragoon
Donator 10
Posts: 338

30 Nov 2017, 18:20

Victor_swe wrote:I believe this game requires quite high apm to play well. Higher then most people probebly have atm.
Not sure if it has changed in this new meta. Maybe thats why im so bad now aswell :(
Atleast i know that when i had my highest rank i also had my highest apm, and it wasnt close to enough to do everything i wanted.


Every sec, vil tech shrine?
User avatar
United States of America dicktator_
Lancer
Posts: 658

30 Nov 2017, 18:40

Didn’t uhlan get to colonel without using any hotkeys? I don’t think mechanics are as important in this game, compared to like sc2 or aoe2. Whether that’s because of the game or because of the player base I’m not sure.
Sweden Victor_swe
Dragoon
Donator 01
Posts: 239

30 Nov 2017, 19:06

Zutazuta wrote:
Victor_swe wrote:I believe this game requires quite high apm to play well. Higher then most people probebly have atm.
Not sure if it has changed in this new meta. Maybe thats why im so bad now aswell :(
Atleast i know that when i had my highest rank i also had my highest apm, and it wasnt close to enough to do everything i wanted.


Every sec, vil tech shrine?

Exaclty. Boom to The MaXx. Only samwise12 can do every sen vill tech shrine
User avatar
United States of America Vinyanenya
ESOC Community Team
Donator 02
Posts: 721
ESO: duolckrad, Kuvira
Location: California, U.S.

02 Dec 2017, 02:27

stop betting on me @everyone
duck, first of firsts among trashcans
I think my control overall is really good, maybe top 2 in the world
this signature is all fake news
User avatar
France Kaiserklein
Jaeger
Posts: 4373
Location: Paris

02 Dec 2017, 11:22

Vinyanenya wrote:stop betting on me @everyone

You say this only because you want to earn a ton of points when you win
kickass_OP wrote:lbs vs cavs no is good

kickass_OP wrote:kaiser won cuz german is lammer hard

look wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
User avatar
India rsy
Lancer
Donator 01
Posts: 863
ESO: Rsy
Location: USA

02 Dec 2017, 22:50

Kaiserklein wrote:
Vinyanenya wrote:stop betting on me @everyone

You say this only because you want to earn a ton of points when you win

Turns out he was just being a good boy
butifleaoe3 : risi brisi xbow piki 5 bank bum bum ez wini wini
User avatar
France Kaiserklein
Jaeger
Posts: 4373
Location: Paris

03 Dec 2017, 10:56

He definitely had the potential to win it though
Game 3 was just a throw because of sloppy units control
kickass_OP wrote:lbs vs cavs no is good

kickass_OP wrote:kaiser won cuz german is lammer hard

look wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
User avatar
India guyshir
Musketeer
Posts: 66
ESO: guyshir
Location: Chicago

03 Dec 2017, 16:51

Hi @Goodspeed

Can you transfer my betting points
1500 to @Kaiserklein (for casting matches)
1451 to @sebnan12 (saving that 1 last point :hmm: )

Reason for transfer: I am not able to follow the matches lately due to work schedule.

Another chance for you two to make a fresh start. Good Luck. :flowers:
User avatar
France Kaiserklein
Jaeger
Posts: 4373
Location: Paris

03 Dec 2017, 16:58

:O
kickass_OP wrote:lbs vs cavs no is good

kickass_OP wrote:kaiser won cuz german is lammer hard

look wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
User avatar
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor
Posts: 5343

03 Dec 2017, 17:01

Whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.

Something home flower 41
XeeleeFlower wrote:I don't mind open endings as long as the story continues at some point
User avatar
Switzerland sebnan12
Howdah
Posts: 1149
ESO: Mongobillione
Location: Switzerland

03 Dec 2017, 17:43

guyshir wrote:Hi @Goodspeed

Can you transfer my betting points
1500 to @Kaiserklein (for casting matches)
1451 to @sebnan12 (saving that 1 last point :hmm: )

Reason for transfer: I am not able to follow the matches lately due to work schedule.

Another chance for you two to make a fresh start. Good Luck. :flowers:

cool ty very much. i donate 1000 points to somppu and 400 to goodspeed for having faith in me. i seriously sucked in game 2 and 3 and in game 1 aswell but stanley just failed ^^

BAE


User avatar
India guyshir
Musketeer
Posts: 66
ESO: guyshir
Location: Chicago

03 Dec 2017, 17:49

sebnan12 wrote:
guyshir wrote:Hi @Goodspeed

Can you transfer my betting points
1500 to @Kaiserklein (for casting matches)
1451 to @sebnan12 (saving that 1 last point :hmm: )

Reason for transfer: I am not able to follow the matches lately due to work schedule.

Another chance for you two to make a fresh start. Good Luck. :flowers:

cool ty very much. i donate 1000 points to somppu and 400 to goodspeed for having faith in me. i seriously sucked in game 2 and 3 and in game 1 aswell but stanley just failed ^^


These are your points, you can utilize them the way you want ^_^
User avatar
Finland somppukunkku
Howdah
Donator 02
Posts: 1472

03 Dec 2017, 19:03

sebnan12 wrote:
guyshir wrote:Hi @Goodspeed

Can you transfer my betting points
1500 to @Kaiserklein (for casting matches)
1451 to @sebnan12 (saving that 1 last point :hmm: )

Reason for transfer: I am not able to follow the matches lately due to work schedule.

Another chance for you two to make a fresh start. Good Luck. :flowers:

cool ty very much. i donate 1000 points to somppu and 400 to goodspeed for having faith in me. i seriously sucked in game 2 and 3 and in game 1 aswell but stanley just failed ^^

Thank you my friend. I will remember you after winning the 100 dollars ;)

Edit: already 5x' the points my friend :D
User avatar
Italy Garja
ESOC Maps Team
Donator 01
Posts: 4766
ESO: Garja

03 Dec 2017, 21:26

i donate 500 points to zoi
User avatar
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
Posts: 6783
ESO: Funnu
Location: Ramadanistan

03 Dec 2017, 21:27

i squandered them ezle.
sudmakmak wrote:This patch Keshik don't have buff anti cavalry = noob patch2.0
and don't have nerf hard japan = noob patch2.0
because all more noob player at this patch = noob logic.
or they maybe have boyfriend.(japanese boyfriend fuck your ass them)
User avatar
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor
Posts: 5343

03 Dec 2017, 23:36

Rejoice, gamblers, for the betting Gods have smiled upon us all this day. In your player sheets you will find 500 points more than you thought you had. A second, or in @zoom's case a 5th, chance for those who lost it all, and a nice little bump for everyone else.

The powers that be have smiled upon one of us in particular. He is @Garja, and he thought us all fools for betting on Marco1698. When swesweMAGIC, with a quick 2-0 sweep, showed Marco that the legend of AoE3 yet lives, Garja sat in his chair and an evil smile escaped him. As the last of Marco1698's musketeers bit the dust, Garja could see one of his closest rivals @musketeer925 tumble down the standings while he himself was showered with points. 9320, to be exact. He now finds himself with 23009 points, having come back from the brink of death only a few rounds ago when Flontier 2-1 OPTIMUS__PRIME. It's always nice when you have so many points that the betting limit per match starts to feel restricting. Grats to Garja!

Lurking in second and third place are @bwinner1 and @gh0st. These two have shown very solid judgment throughout this event, boasting consistency scores of 92% and 90% respectively. This is very high, and shows that they are betting accurately. However, Garja, having won only 64% of his bets, got the better of them because he won big when it counted.
bwinner1 and gh0st have a 7000 point gap to overcome. Of course, this is betting, and Garja is anything but safe on his throne. I'm sure this isn't news to any of you, but anything can happen. As we saw this round, which featured some nailbiting betting matches, a single game can be the difference between someone winning 10000 points or losing 10000.

Meanwhile @Wout has broken every consistency record ever. He won points in 12 out of 12 matches with his "guaranteed to win" strategy, though he is now 19000 points away from first place so he might have to abandon consistency and start gambling.

Records after the round of 64
Most points won in a single match: Garja (swesweMAGIC 2-0 Marco1698) - 9320 points
Most unexpected result: Flontier 2-1 OPTIMUS__PRIME - odds 14.94
Most points bet on a single match: Risi123 vs duolckrad - 55485 points
Most points bet (total): Yurashic - 42247 points
Most consistent better: Wout - 100% (12/12)

We have some sick matches coming up in the round of 32. To make sure can bet on as many of them as possible, none have yet been selected. When good matches are scheduled, they will be added as betting matches. Keep an eye on your notifications and/or your player sheets, for some of them may be played early in the week!

Good luck to all! Garja, we're coming for you.

Whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.

Something home flower 41
XeeleeFlower wrote:I don't mind open endings as long as the story continues at some point

Forum Info

Return to “Information and Discussion”



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest