United States of America Cometk
ESOC Community Team
ESO: black_thought

16 Apr 2018, 01:24

What is the ESOC Grand Tour?

The ESOC Grand Tour is a series of tournaments that are hosted in one day on the weekend. Tournaments consist of new and different formats each week. The rules for a given event will be posted each week before the sign ups open. Season 1 of the ESOC Grand Tour will contain eight events, after which a Round Robin Playoffs will be held among the top six scoring players. Your hosts for this season are @Cometk and @princeofcarthage.

How to Sign Up For a Tournament

- Unless otherwise specified, the sign ups for any Weekend Tournament will begin at 15:00 GMT Monday and end at 18:30 GMT on Friday.
- Brackets will be posted as soon as possible after sign-ups close, usually Friday evening.
- To participate in any Weekend Tournament, you must be a member of the tournament discord and be present the time of event start.

Point System

A system of tallied points is used over the course of the Season. Over the eight events of the tour, players must rack up as many points as they possibly can. After the conclusion of the eighth event, the top six players will be invited to participate in a Round Robin Playoffs to determine the winner of the season! For each round you win, you will receive points for your tour record; each successive round is worth more points. If you lose a match, you do not lose any points. Points are awarded as shown below.

Your total points for the season will be based solely on your 3 best tournament performances. This means that if you don't like a particular week's event, or are busy and can't make the tournament, you can skip a week without falling behind other players. For example, if you collect 5, 5, 5, 3, and 2 points over five events while missing three events, you will have a total of 15 points at the end of the season (5 + 5 + 5).

Follow this link to view the standings of the ESOC Grand Tour Season 1!

Season 1 Schedule

Event 1 - April 8th, 2018 - $150 Sup Cup #1
Event 2 - April 22nd, 2018 - $200 Mono-Civ Cup
Event 3 - April 29th, 2018 - $150 Deathmatch Open
Event 4 - May 13th, 2018 - $100 2v2 Tour
Event 5 - May 20th, 2018 - Sup Cup #2
Event 6 - May 27th - Blitz Bash
Event 7 - June 3rd - Tri-Civ Cup
Event 8 - June 10th - Sup Cup #3
Round Robin Playoffs - June 12th through June 24th

The two finalists of the Round Robin Stage will then schedule a time and day for the BO7 Grand Tour Finals!

Round Robin Playoffs Format

At the end of the eighth event, the top six players in points will be asked to compete in the Round Robin Playoffs.

Matches in the Round Robin Stage will played as a Best-of-3, consisting of Supremacy, "X", and "Y" as gamemodes.
- The lower seed player will choose the gamemode for "X"
- The higher seed player will choose the gamemode for "Y"
- Players can choose any gamemode that was previously used as a format for a Tour. This includes Supremacy, Mono-Civ, Deathmatch, Blitz, and Tri-Civ formats. 2v2 cannot be chosen as a gamemode during the Playoffs.
- Maps for each gamemode in the Round Robin Stage will be pre-determined by the administrators. Players will be given a choice of banning a map for each game in a series. In the first game of a series, the highest seed player will ban his map first. In the second and third games, the winner of the previous match will ban his map first.
- If Mono-Civ is chosen as a format, both players will use the same civilization that they used in the Mono-Civ Cup. If one or neither players participated in the event, then this gamemode's rules will function as a "blind pick".
- A player's standings in the Round Robin Stage is determined by his total game wins; players who make an effort to complete all of their matches may have an advantage over the best-performing ones!

At the end of the Round Robin Stage, the top two players in total game wins will duke it out in a Best-of-9, consisting of Supremacy, "Y", "X", Supremacy, Supremacy "X₂", "Y₂", Supremacy, and Supremacy as gamemodes.

The winner of this Best-of-7 is crowned the Grand Tour Champion!
Tuvalu gibson
Gendarme

16 Apr 2018, 01:33

nice try but i dont trust anyone with that weebo shit as an avatar
Croatia gryphoon94
Skirmisher
ESO: GRYPHOON

16 Apr 2018, 02:14

gibson wrote:nice try but i dont trust anyone with that weebo shit as an avatar

Dude its 2018
Re: a nooby teammate on GoonGoon's 3v3 team
"[It's not his fault that] he doesn't have the capacity to understand that he's a noob" - GoonGoon
France P i k i l i c
Lancer
ESO: Pikilic
GameRanger Id: 7497456

16 Apr 2018, 06:57

gibson wrote:nice try but i dont trust anyone with that weebo shit as an avatar

@ESO-C News bot is already rebelling so humans must do the job again
Consider not the one who speaks the truth, but the truth that is said

:hmm: AoE logic
Germany lordraphael
Howdah
EWT

16 Apr 2018, 07:24

i love how he sneaked in a deathmatch cup for the 1 player dm scene. Anyways probably wont be participating in anyone of these.
breeze wrote:they cant even guess how much f***ing piece of stupid retarded they look they are trying to give lesson to people who are over pr35 and know the best mu. im pretty sure that we need a page that only pr30+ post and then we could have a nice discussins.
Japan Aizamk
Lancer

16 Apr 2018, 07:34

lordraphael wrote:i love how he sneaked in a deathmatch cup for the 1 player dm scene. Anyways probably wont be participating in anyone of these.

Collected enough of those badges eh?
No Flag umeu
Gendarme

Yesterday, 19:04

lordraphael wrote:i love how he sneaked in a deathmatch cup for the 1 player dm scene. Anyways probably wont be participating in anyone of these.

thats tough considering you already participated in one. why change yo mind raging rappamas?
Ressentiment is the single greatest source of destruction in human history.
Canada Mitoe
ESOC Media Team
Donator 01
ESO: Mitoe
GameRanger Id: 346407

Yesterday, 19:53

B-but... how will I get my revenge! :(
United States of America Cometk
ESOC Community Team
ESO: black_thought

Today, 06:09

edited the point system a little bit to be more rewarding for ro8/ro4 players

Forum Info

Return to “ESOC Grand Tour Season 1”