No Flag umeu
Gendarme

16 May 2018, 17:22

Googol wrote:
umeu wrote:
princeofkabul wrote:As for Garja-Diarouga debate. Garja usually exaggerate things what I've seen and no he's not right about everything he says but diarouga has a tendency to just to pick up his statements and not think about the context. and for Jerom and his crusade on Garja seems to be personal and nothing to do with the game. There are many things Garja have said to me and others which makes sense. Jerom I haven't seen you nor Diarouga playing much or at all recently, instead of arguing it over the forums you could post records to prove your point, same for Garja.

does anyone even play eeeeepeeeee?

iamshurk told me he would love to play with you.

tell him to get in line.
Ressentiment is the single greatest source of destruction in human history.
Greece Googol
Lancer
ESO: Butifle

16 May 2018, 18:04

@iamturk you got all the shurk power ready for this?
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

16 May 2018, 19:26

I think there are some interesting options for buffing Russians:

– All batches now trainable while any population room remains (even it will exceed the limit, like Chinese banner-armies).
– Blockhouse population room increased from 5 to 10.
– Musketeer batch cost reduced from 281.25f, 93.75c to 270f, 90c (from 75% to 72% of standard Musketeer cost).
– Settler batch cost reduced from 270f to 255f.
– Westernization unique-church improvement cost reduced from 900w to 600w.
sudmakmak wrote:This patch Keshik don't have buff anti cavalry = noob patch2.0
and don't have nerf hard japan = noob patch2.0
because all more noob player at this patch = noob logic.
or they maybe have boyfriend.(japanese boyfriend fuck your ass them)
European Union bwinner1
Dragoon

16 May 2018, 19:44

The goal is not to buff russia @Diarouga bc they are already good enough, I just want to give them some more options because they are a bit boring now. The thing is that you need wood, but like when you ship 700w you rahter have too much wood. I could see some build with TP/market during trasnition, then 200g+1bh wagon age up and 700w/700g/5cos big timming for example. I am pretty sure this would be better to do this with this age up, bc having a TP earlier makes this time of timming a lot faster and that's the key for them to work.
btw rusket rly don't need to be cheaper @zoom ofc they are bad vs huss bc of no overkill or vs any area damages bc they are cheap small unit, but otherwise they are a good unit that needs no buff.
When you are talking with an idiot, he may be doing the same
France Aykin Haraka
Dragoon
EWT
ESO: Aykin

16 May 2018, 20:07

zoom wrote:I think there are some interesting options for buffing Russians:

– All batches now trainable while any population room remains (even it will exceed the limit, like Chinese banner-armies).
– Blockhouse population room increased from 5 to 10.
– Musketeer batch cost reduced from 281.25f, 93.75c to 270f, 90c (from 75% to 72% of standard Musketeer cost).
– Settler batch cost reduced from 270f to 255f.
– Westernization unique-church improvement cost reduced from 900w to 600w.

saw how op were russians when cost vill was 255f
russians are just fine like this maybe the trainable point is good, and/or musket reduce but all this will make russians too much strong
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoilIo ... wiryG-VNqQ
"No tit and kynesie no party :cry: :cry: :cry:"
- r4go
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

16 May 2018, 20:13

I am neither saying that Russians should be buffed, nor that all of the options should be implemented together. I'm merely stating options in case of a future buff.
sudmakmak wrote:This patch Keshik don't have buff anti cavalry = noob patch2.0
and don't have nerf hard japan = noob patch2.0
because all more noob player at this patch = noob logic.
or they maybe have boyfriend.(japanese boyfriend fuck your ass them)
Venezuela Hazza54321
Jaeger

17 May 2018, 20:33

Pls dont 255f vills, plus dont buff bh when its already their best unit. Musk +5hp or the overpop thing is fine by me
Venividivici_w: i heard h20 signed up last minute. Prob waited for roby not signing up so he wouldnt get smashed again
My recently started youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChh6jN ... 15ZhFONCBg
India princeofcarthage
ESOC Dev Team
ESO: Sav0rybeef

17 May 2018, 21:48

So we are going to buff each and every civ? What does that mean :dry:
Fantastic Friday Showdown
Fantastic Discord : https://discord.gg/69XVRE4
Twitch : https://www.twitch.tv/trgaoe3

#SavetheBeef
Kiribati SirCallen
Gendarme

17 May 2018, 22:03

princeofcarthage wrote:So we are going to buff each and every civ? What does that mean :dry:

What are you referring to? It can't be the OP, ye?
theoretically derive and empirically amend -- the one-size-fits-all approach to approaching everything
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

18 May 2018, 16:24

princeofcarthage wrote:So we are going to buff each and every civ? What does that mean :dry:

That they shouldve nerfed france/brit more instead.

"When life give you incompetence, participate in the betting" - Jerom, winner of autumn betting, 2016
"but wer eyiu playig a gainst someone as magnificent as jerom? thats wha ti thogutb jerom is a beaaitful human being"- Mr_Bramboy
India rsy
Howdah
Donator 01
ESO: Rsy
GameRanger Id: 665696

19 May 2018, 01:30

Man zoomeroo is like the head of all Esoc parches. I don't know where we would be without him
cholo loco fish burrito OG ex aoe3 playa
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 04
ESO: EAGLEMUT

19 May 2018, 14:46

EP 5.0.0.0 Beta4 [2018-05-19]

First off, what's the UHC? UHC is a community project by kangcliff and danielpereira, aiming to "unhardcode" parts of the AoE3 engine, make more things configurable than what has ever been possible before, add new features to the engine, fix bugs, that sort of stuff: https://github.com/danielpereira/AoE3UnHardcoded
In the past, we've collaborated with UHC when they made the extended teams patch, which is included in current EP. However, UHC opens up many more possibilities than just that, and it is time we take advantage of them. Now, let's take a look at what those possibilities are.

UHC Plugin system
Through the UHC Plugin system, we gain access to an environment where the entire set of AoE3 engine functions is available to utilize for either creating new functionalities, or exporting existing functionalities into a scope where they were not available before.

What does exporting functionalities mean exactly? Well, the way it works there are different sets of functions for various scopes of the game such as UI design scope, AI design scope, map generation scope and so on. With UHC we can easily export functions from one scope to another where such functionality was previously missing and impossible to replicate. First area we plan to utilize this for is improving the way Observer UI maps work as well as the Observer UI itself.

Custom cheat codes
One feature of the plugin system is the option to easily implement new cheat codes into the game. At first, this might not sound very useful; aren't we trying to block cheats, after all? Well, here we're talking about "regular" cheats which can only be used in singleplayer or when they are specifically allowed in the multiplayer room, just like the other built-in ones; "x marks the spot" and so on.
What does this bring to the table:
- just giving more fun things to the players
- we can create cheats that help speed up development and testing of maps or game changes
- we can utilize this in certain competitions and have "design your own cheat code" be amongst the prizes, or perhaps have small competitions entirely centered around designing the most fun new cheat code

UIx map project
Saving the best for last, something I'm personally most excited about; I call it the "UIx map project". The idea here is to overhaul how we handle Observer UI maps in a big way. On the ESOC Patch, all maps are to be progressively converted into "UIx" maps which support both observer mode and regular play. These will be included in the "official" dropdown list of preinstalled maps on EP and functionally replace both the previous version of a map on this list (ex. ESOC Arkansas) as well as the custom UI map version which is currently downloaded separately as a custom map (ex. UI 2.2c ESOC Arkansas). On a UIx map, observer mode will be activated by selecting "Sandbox" difficulty when hosting a game room (Sandbox will also be renamed on EP to make this clearer). Other than this, the observer mode works the same way as before by selecting FFA for 1v1 matches and so on.

As the UIx maps use features implemented through UHC plugin system, manually copying them as-is onto official RE patch will not be possible (map will crash on load). For usage of ESOC maps on non-ESOC patches, we will continue to generate hardcoded versions of the maps with observer mode permanently disabled (ex. ESOC Arkansas) and permanently enabled (ex. UI 2.2 ESOC Arkansas).

Why are we doing this at all, what are the benefits?
- The custom map system is extremely clunky to use during ESOC competitions, causing massive delays and headaches to both participants and admins due to all players needing to obtain the same version of the map. The p2p system of sharing custom maps on ESO is often slow or outright bugs out and requires players to jump through hoops to get the correct map version.
- All changes to map scripts essentially need to be implemented twice with the old system, which often causes inconsistency when UI map version is ahead of non-UI version or the opposite. This is both causing confusion to the players and requires more work from the devs/mapmakers.
- Using the custom map system at all opens up ESOC competitions to additional security vulnerabilities.
- Once finished, this change will allow players to utilize mapsets for play on randomized maps in Observer UI mode.
- It will be easier to implement special non-RE-compatible features on maps and add fallbacks for them (ex. custom trees on ESOC Iowa).

That's it for the intro, now for where we are in terms of actual progress:

UHC Plugin progress
- kangcliff of UHC team patched EP to add support of the UHC Plugin system, along with providing a special UHC version that is compatible with EP's modified executables
- ESOC's own UHC Plugin is prepared with the changes needed for UIx maps, changes for Aizamk to implement new UI features, as well as the following newly implemented cheat codes:
name spoilers only

name and effect spoilers

UIx progress
The process of converting maps to UIx entails essentially merging the old UI version with the non-UI version and wrapping UI-specific code in conditional statements. I've also been checking each map for runtime errors using the RMS debugger and fixing those - this should cause smoother map loading and prevent some random bugs in how the maps spawn. The merging will notably enable KotH functionality in observer mode on maps where that change was not yet ported to UI version before.

List of converted maps:
UIx ESOC Arkansas
UIx ESOC Kamchatka
UIx ESOC Hudson Bay
UIx ESOC Gran Chaco
UIx ESOC Tibet
UIx ESOC Manchuria

changelog since EP 5.0.0.0 Beta2

ESOC Patch
- Added UHC Plugin support (see explanation above).
- Changed default diplomacy stance to Enemy in diplomacy mode.
- The "Sandbox" difficulty setting has been renamed to "Observer Mode / Sandbox".

ESOC Patch map changes
- Fixed gaia unit selection bug on ESOC Bonnie Springs.
- Fixed ESOC Gran Chaco minimap thumbnail image.
- Converted the following maps to UIx (see explanation above): ESOC Arkansas, ESOC Kamchatka, ESOC Hudson Bay, ESOC Gran Chaco, ESOC Tibet, ESOC Manchuria

ESOC Treaty Patch map changes
- Added minimap thumbnail images for all special Treaty Patch maps.

Anti-cheat
- Protect UHC plugin files from external modifications and disallow external plugins.
Sweden Hawk_Girl
Crossbow

19 May 2018, 15:04

@EAGLEMUT I solved the ep issue btw. Changing resolution and hitting alt+enter did the trick
Kiribati SirCallen
Gendarme

19 May 2018, 15:06

Incredible.
theoretically derive and empirically amend -- the one-size-fits-all approach to approaching everything
Brazil Luciofrancosi
Crossbow
ESO: luciofrancosi

20 May 2018, 14:16

Amazing job guys, I can't wait to try the new update!!

Forum Info

Return to “ESOC Patch Discussion”